Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Thanks, but their shipping is €15 - so I'd have to make quite a large order for that to be economically viable. And since their prices aren't the best, I usually pick Booksetc for my larger orders.
    Ah, I see. Happy hunting

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Congratulations on the second child Craig Sorry to hear about the job loss, hope you find something else.

I totally understand regarding running out of space. I reached that point several times. I keep "creating" more space. But there is s limit.
    Thanks Raffi!
    I do still have a primary job, I just lost the part time job we used for extracurricular spending. Granted, the second child was going to cut into that anyway but now we have to budget tighter.
    But hey, don't we all?!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

According to Diamond, the following are back in stock/have been reprinted if anyone missed out the first time:

• AVENGERS BY HICKMAN COMPLETE COLLECTION TP VOL 01
    • MORBIUS LIVING VAMPIRE OMNIBUS HC
    • SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK BY BYRNE OMNIBUS HC

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    According to Diamond, the following are back in stock/have been reprinted if anyone missed out the first time:

• AVENGERS BY HICKMAN COMPLETE COLLECTION TP VOL 01
    • MORBIUS LIVING VAMPIRE OMNIBUS HC
    • SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK BY BYRNE OMNIBUS HC

Thank you for the heads up. That seemingly includes the Byrne She-Hulk DM edition (though not listed on that link), unless I've been oblivious to the fact its been back in stock on IST.

Byrne She-Hulk had a squared spine, right? Wonder what these new printings will look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Thanks Raffi!
    I do still have a primary job, I just lost the part time job we used for extracurricular spending. Granted, the second child was going to cut into that anyway but now we have to budget tighter.
    But hey, don't we all?!
    Congrats to you as well! At one point I was in a band, and the "band fund" went solely to me (not wife, not kids...) to fund guitar stuff AND comics stuff. Well, about ten years ago that stopped. Now it's just my habit is self funded by my habit.
    i.e. I am in a constant state of purge/rotation - I sell books I won't read again on the secondary market to fund buying new books. It stinks, but I can't justify grabbing $50-100 or whatever every month from our family budget which is already tight. Sometimes you have to make hard choices, other times it's easy.

For me, it's really, truly, trying to get a hold of my collector-OCD, and realizing I do NOT need to get every single Avengers collected edition, or X-Men, or whatever. You have to realize what YOU really enjoy. For me, most silver age is a chore, and while historically significant, I don't enjoy it, probably won't read it again, etc... Same goes for the 90's. For me, personally, my sweet spot is the 80's as that was my prime reading time as a kid. But I also like the 70's. And pretty much anything from 2000's onward.

But this means selling off Avengers the Crossing omni - as an example - I read it once, will never read it again. And while in your head, you stress and fret over your bookshelf, in the end, it's really only YOU who are looking at it. I mean, my wife and kids could give two SH##ts about it. I'll talk to my wife occasionally about a collected edition, why it's so cool, etc..., and she kinda 'gets it' but really doesn't. So all of this is really just for me.

My son is 13, and 100% into video games, and sadly that's about it. He plays some sports, etc... but he has no desire to read anything I have, which kinda bums me out, but it's also free'ing in that the concept of "I'm saving this for my son someday" falls through and I can purge items without any guilt in that manner, if that makes sense. I'm keeping all my Star Wars Epics as he does read those sometimes, and I do as well.

Anyways, good luck with the kiddo, and part time jobs will come back eventually.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Astonishing Member

Seven new omnibus for 2021 just announced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEdZ5pgZ2kM

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Seven new omnibus for 2021 just announced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEdZ5pgZ2kM
    Cheers for this.
    I'll be picking up the spoilers:
    four Captain America Omnibuses. I'm particularly happy about the Cap America Vol. 3 and the Cap America Rick Remender Omnibuses. Probably also pick up the new Star wars Omnibus.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

Does anyone know when the December preorders are going to go up on DCBS?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Ok, these are the 7 New Marvel Omnibuses in 2021:

Golden Age Captain America Vol. 2
    Captain America Vol. 3
    Captain America by Dan Jurgens
    Captain America by Rick Remender
    Savage Sword of Conan: The Original Marvel Years Vol. 5
    Cosmic Ghost Rider Vol. 1
    Star Wars Legends: Knights of the Old Republic Vol. 1

I'm not a fan of Remender BUT I really liked his Cap run and it got one of my votes for my most wanted Omnibus. I didn't think it would see the light of day. Very happy about this.

Another one that got a vote from me, and a high one at that, was Cap Vol. 3. We've been waiting a while for this one. Hopefully, the issues will align with the other Omnibuses and it will fit ncely between the Cap 2 and Cap Kirby Omnibuses.

Also happy to see GA Cap Vol. 2 , Vol. 1 will no longer be on it's lonesome on my shelf. Never read Jurgens' Cap run, but I will be picking it up.

All this to celebrate Cap's 80th Anniversary. I hope we'll see something similar for Daredevil's 60th in 2024..

I won't be picking up SSOC or Cosmic Ghost Rider. Although, I thought Cates' stuff on CGR wasn't bad, I didn't really take to CGR Destroys Marvel History (not by Cates). I reckon a lot of fans are disappointed they didn't get a Johnny Blaze or Danny Ketch GR Omnibus first. Instead, we're getting Frank Castle.

I haven't read the SW Legends: Knights issues, but I've heard it's good stuff and I'll most probably be preordering it.

If I were ever to begin collecting Star Wars, Knights of The Old Republic would be where I'd begin. Excellent stuff - especially for fans of the original video game.

Spectacular Member

I was so sure that captain America by remender was not going to be published as omnibus that recently I bought the volumes in Spanish (three volumes). Seeing my luck the next one will be iron man by gillen
    Anyway if the omnibus includes the winter soldier mini by remender that would be something I don't have

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

If money and space are available I for sure want the 4 Cap Omnis.
    Yes, Raffi I am one of those rolling my eyes over Frank Castle Cosmic Ghost. Really, no Ketch Ghost Rider? I get why no Blaze GR, they are cranking out the MMW.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    If I were ever to begin collecting Star Wars, Knights of The Old Republic would be where I'd begin. Excellent stuff - especially for fans of the original video game.
    Is it an adaption of the game? Never read it, but loved the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Is it an adaption of the game? Never read it, but loved the game.
    No it takes place before the games and deals with, among other things, The Mandalorian Wars often discussed in both KoTOR games.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but Marvel have informed retailers that the Havok & Wolverine: Meltdown mini series has been added to the Wolverine Omnibus Vol 2 that was recently solicited. They've also bumped up the page count to 1,248 pages, and it now has a Mature rating. (Source.)