Page 1011 of 1011 FirstFirst ... 11511911961100110071008100910101011
Results 15,151 to 15,163 of 15163
  1. #15151
    Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Omnibus reprint list from the Masterworks Board:

    * Conan the Barbarian by Kurt Busiek
    Whoa whoa whoa... are we talking Busiek and Nord?? Like, the stuff Dark Horse published and made the Colossal Conan Omnibus out of? No, of course not that would be too good to be true. (Please tell me this is what we're talking about.)

    Edit: Oh my god it is!! I cannot believe it, I never thought this would happen. I've scoured eBay for years hoping to find this for less than $300 - $400. Wow! I've never been more excited for an omni.
    Last edited by j0nnyboy; Yesterday at 11:48 PM.

  2. #15152
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa... are we talking Busiek and Nord?? Like, the stuff Dark Horse published and made the Colossal Conan Omnibus out of? No, of course not that would be too good to be true. (Please tell me this is what we're talking about.)

    Edit: Oh my god it is!! I cannot believe it, I never thought this would happen. I've scoured eBay for years hoping to find this for less than $300 - $400. Wow! I've never been more excited for an omni.
    Very exciting indeed. I bought the epic collections that started collecting this. I think I might have to sell those now.

  3. #15153
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    38

    Default

    I got the super expensive Thor Vol 1 for a steal all things considered at just $160. Should I sell it for a profit or hold onto it? I just don’t know if or when a reprint would happen.

  4. #15154
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,065

    Default

    Marvel have now released the Standard Edition Covers for

    CONAN THE BARBARIAN ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS VOL. 4 OMNIBUS BY CARLOS PACHECO:
    (July 2020)



    and

    GOLDEN AGE MARVEL COMICS VOL. 2 OMNIBUS BY KAARE ANDREWS:
    (August 2020)



    I think I'll go with the standard cover by Kaare Andrews.

  5. #15155
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    X-Men Volume 1 omnibus gets a new printing out in June. Vol 2 and 3 are reprinted in late 2020/early 2021.
    Brilliant! Thank you

    Along with UXF and Astonishing omnis, this will be a good year!!

  6. #15156
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    48

    Default

    I'm eyeing the Wolverine omni v1; I've never read the non-Hama issues of the Wolverine 1988 ongoing. Are those early Claremont issues any good?

  7. #15157
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    I'm eyeing the Wolverine omni v1; I've never read the non-Hama issues of the Wolverine 1988 ongoing. Are those early Claremont issues any good?
    Claremont went for a pulp adventure tone with the Madripoor setting and lack of costumes. The art is by John Buscema with some guest art by Gene Colan, so those issues have a strong Bronze Age style . Claremont had some choices, like the Patch identity, that never really paid off. He left after 10 issues, then there were stories by Peter David and Jo Duffy. The title didn't really pick up storywise until Hama began writing.

  8. #15158
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Claremont went for a pulp adventure tone with the Madripoor setting and lack of costumes. The art is by John Buscema with some guest art by Gene Colan, so those issues have a strong Bronze Age style . Claremont had some choices, like the Patch identity, that never really paid off. He left after 10 issues, then there were stories by Peter David and Jo Duffy. The title didn't really pick up storywise until Hama began writing.
    Gotcha. Thank you.

    Is the Original Marvel Years Conan omni v1 worth it, or is it mostly a time capsule of outdated storytelling? I understand the BWS art is great, but how are the stories? For instance, I cannot get into most writing from the 60s or early 70s. Too of their time.

    ETA: Conan v1 is OOP, right? Any reprint news?

    How's Marvel's Savage Sword omni v1? How does that series differ from the main Conan series? More brutal action or something?

  9. #15159
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Gotcha. Thank you.

    Is the Original Marvel Years Conan omni v1 worth it, or is it mostly a time capsule of outdated storytelling? I understand the BWS art is great, but how are the stories? For instance, I cannot get into most writing from the 60s or early 70s. Too of their time.

    ETA: Conan v1 is OOP, right? Any reprint news?

    How's Marvel's Savage Sword omni v1? How does that series differ from the main Conan series? More brutal action or something?
    The way they are going through printing Conan the Barbarian omnis, Iím sure that they will reprint #1 at some point before they are through printing the full run... not sure about any other volumes though.

  10. #15160
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Speculation on contents of Uncanny X-Men vol 4? Is the gap too big between V3 and Mutant Massacre or could there be a volume 5 that includes X-Factor 1-8, which I don’t think is collected in Omni yet.

  11. #15161
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Does anyone have a guess on when the Mighty Thor Vol 1 Omnibus by Stan Lee will be reprinted? Thanks!

  12. #15162
    Spectacular Member Seeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    AR, USA
    Posts
    131

    Default

    I don't, but am patiently waiting so I can complete my collection.

  13. #15163
    Astonishing Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Brilliant! Thank you

    Along with UXF and Astonishing omnis, this will be a good year!!
    yeah, seems like a great time to try collecting every x-men omni.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •