Page 834 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 3347347848248308318328338348358368378388448849341334 ... LastLast
Results 12,496 to 12,510 of 20754

Got so busy with my moving and school and stuff that I had put so many books off.
    Just placed an order. Still feel like I should grab a couple more but I need to have self control.

Hopefully I don't get any shipping issues w/ IST like you guys had been discussing.

Quasimodo should be lumbering to your door within a week

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post
    Got so busy with my moving and school and stuff that I had put so many books off.
    Just placed an order. Still feel like I should grab a couple more but I need to have self control.

Hopefully I don't get any shipping issues w/ IST like you guys had been discussing.
    Some good choices there. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Some good choices there. Enjoy.
    Will do.
    I think a big reason I put a lot of this off was because I had so many collected editions to catch up on anyway but It's best to grab stuff in the present than later tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    And i was just thinking OMG... that Guardians of Galaxy cover is such a fail, those characters look horrible... worst character designs ever... Who buys this thing, then i got my answer. lol
    I grabbed the two GOTG: Tomorrow's Avengers TPBs (same exact content as this Omnibus) for like $20 total.

I wanted the old Marvel Premiere issues (#3-12). I highly doubt the one stranded issue (#2) of Marvel Premiere will be reprinted, unfortunately. Issue #1 was reprinted in Marvel 1sts: The 1970's.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

And i was just thinking OMG... that Guardians of Galaxy cover is such a fail, those characters look horrible... worst character designs ever... Who buys this thing, then i got my answer. lol
    Jokes on you.
    Cool cover, great characters you should give a chance.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AstonishingXMan View Post
    I wanted the old Marvel Premiere issues (#3-12). I highly doubt the one stranded issue (#2) of Marvel Premiere will be reprinted, unfortunately. Issue #1 was reprinted in Marvel 1sts: The 1970's.
    If you mean Marvel Presents, because that's the series with the Guardians serial, #2 has been recently reprinted along with #1 and other 70s Ulysses Bloodstone stories in a Bloodstone & the Legion of Monsters trade.

Literally judging a book by its cover.

BANNED

I mean after all the praises, i got Uncanny X-Men of Claremont and it was terrible as far as i could endure. This thing with this horrible looking characters must be beyond terrible.

edit----

Sorry for breaking anyone's heart.
    Last edited by Gurz; 06-26-2018 at 10:45 AM.

Spectacular Member

I mean after all the praises, i got Uncanny X-Men of Claremont and it was terrible as far as i could endure. This thing with this horrible looking characters must be beyond terrible.
    Did you read it in English?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Mortimer View Post
    Did you read it in English?
    yes, i read it in english. After especially the attitude of some X-Men fans. There were comments under Green Lantern preview at newsarama like ''thank god for x-men, what is this crap'' etc. And i was like, wow this X-Men must be really good. It must be the best written super hero stuff... And i got Claremont Omnibuses and it was X-Men teaming up with lepricorns at cassedy keep or some other dumb crap like that... unbareable.

yes, i read it in english. After especially the attitude of some X-Men fans. There were comments under Green Lantern preview at newsarama like ''thank god for x-men, what is this crap'' etc. And i was like, wow this X-Men must be really good. It must be the best written super hero stuff... And i got Claremont Omnibuses and it was X-Men teaming up with lepricorns at cassedy keep or some other dumb crap like that... unbareable.
    The beginning of the Wein/Claremont's X-Men run is a little rough and dated so I can understand your disappointment. But I think you should give it another chance, the run really became a classic after Byrne arrived on the title. Issues 109 and 111 to 143 are just astounding and as a whole form one of the best comic run ever in my opinion.

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

I agree the plots weren't always perfect, I think for a lot of people the best part is the dialog and character development. I don't typically enjoy old comics, but I liked Claremont's X-Men because the characters felt so much more real than other comics. He did a great job of maintaining a consistent voice for his characters and making their personal stories interesting.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

I re-read this recently (after 25 years or so) and also realized how crappy the Cockrum issues were.

But this series was awesome once Byrne came on board.

This just made me want to go reread the Cassidy Keep issues! X-Men & Leprechauns vs. Juggernaut and Black Tom! Classic! Love those early Claremont issues where everyone is just getting know the new team.

Damn, I miss Claremont.