Page 921 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 4218218719119179189199209219229239249259319711021 ... LastLast
Results 13,801 to 13,815 of 20754

That SW Artist's Edition is tempting. I've not gone down that expensive road yet as my omnibus problem is bad enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    New stuff from the last two weeks will be under NEW RELEASES and then sort by Publisher. I don't think there is any other way.
    Thank you!!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    That SW Artist's Edition is tempting. I've not gone down that expensive road yet as my omnibus problem is bad enough!
    I collected the Artist's Editions when they first came out (i used to collect OA, so I was really enthusiastic about this concept), but quickly found the size too unwieldy. They just laid on the top of a tall bookshelf as there was no shelf that would accommodate them. Unless you can make a custom piece of furniture for them, they just get to be too much beyond one of two volumes (in my opinion). Still, I think the concept and execution are wonderful, so I don't really want to discourage anyone from supporting this line.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Sinescu View Post
    I collected the Artist's Editions when they first came out (i used to collect OA, so I was really enthusiastic about this concept), but quickly found the size too unwieldy. They just laid on the top of a tall bookshelf as there was no shelf that would accommodate them. Unless you can make a custom piece of furniture for them, they just get to be too much beyond one of two volumes (in my opinion). Still, I think the concept and execution are wonderful, so I don't really want to discourage anyone from supporting this line.
    yeah I'm selling mine as well, except for the DD Born again one. As beautiful as they are and I very much appreciate seeing the art like this they are just too big and hard to display (breaks my heart tho because seeing raw pages like this makes me drool but they were just lying around for like 2 years unread so it's time for them to go to better homes).

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    yeah I'm selling mine as well, except for the DD Born again one. As beautiful as they are and I very much appreciate seeing the art like this they are just too big and hard to display (breaks my heart tho because seeing raw pages like this makes me drool but they were just lying around for like 2 years unread so it's time for them to go to better homes).
    Thanks for the feedback. The first and probably ONLY time coming to these forums has saved me any money!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Default Marvel Collected Editions Sales - January 2019

The complete estimated comic book sales figures for January 2019 are in (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond). I’ve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic and Complete lines that made the list, detailing the position, title and estimated sales. I haven’t included any reentries.

17. Conan The Barbarian Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,199
    37. What If? Classic: The Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 1,451
    38. Ms. Marvel Epic Collection Vol. 1: This Woman, This Warrior - 1,426
    73. Marvel Masterworks Uncanny X-Men HC Vol. 11 - 987
    74. Marvel Masterworks Marvel Team-Up HC Vol. 4 - 987
    82. Decades: Marvel In the 40s - The Human Torch vs. The Sub-Mariner TPB - 931
    86. The Incredible Hulk Epic Collection Vol. 22: Ghosts of the Future - 919
    112.. Captain Marvel: Monica Rambeau DM TPB - 718
    131. Guardians of the Galaxy: Tomorrows Heroes Omnibus - 639
    155. Spider-Man: Ben Reilly Omnibus Vol. 1 - 556
    168. New Mutants by Abnett & Lanning: The Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 503
    230. New X-Men: Childhoods End – The Complete Collection - 417
    289. X-Men: Unstoppable TPB - 356
    327. The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl OHC Vol. 4 - 319

DC's Omnibus sales in January 2019:
    89. House of Mystery: The Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 1 - 893

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

17. Conan The Barbarian Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,199
    131. Guardians of the Galaxy: Tomorrows Heroes Omnibus - 639
    155. Spider-Man: Ben Reilly Omnibus Vol. 1 - 556
    Conan - not surprised. If they had had enough Direct Market covers my purchase alone would've made it a nice 2200 units.
    GotG:TH - I'm pleased with that number, love the original team! I hope somehow, someway the remainder of the 90s series finds its way to being Omni'd.
    S-M:BR - dissapointed in this one, thought more would've gotten this. Hope a volume 2 still happens.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Conan - not surprised. If they had had enough Direct Market covers my purchase alone would've made it a nice 2200 units.
    GotG:TH - I'm pleased with that number, love the original team! I hope somehow, someway the remainder of the 90s series finds its way to being Omni'd.
    S-M:BR - dissapointed in this one, thought more would've gotten this. Hope a volume 2 still happens.
    I really hope we see the Ben Reilly Vol.2 Omnibus. There's a lot of Spidey Omnis on the way, and it would be a shame if we're left high and dry with only Vol. 1. It should happen what with various Spidey movies in the works.

Thanks for sharing. What's the timeline (assuming it happens) of the "What If?" being collected into Omnibus format? Having just started collecting again and jumping straight to omnibus I'm a bit confused on the order of releases as they're restored. I'm considering ordering one of the Marvel Epic books just to check out the format.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm one of those that bought the GotG omni! I'm with you, I hope they eventually take those last three chunky TPBs for GotG v1 after the Valentino omnibus and make that its own book. Perhaps with the (hopefully) next GotG movie in a few years. One can hope!

I also wonder if they perhaps misjudged the market for the Conan omnibus. It's now seemingly sold out everywhere. Not only did the DM variant cover sell out in minutes, but now everything is gone. Hopefully they can go back to print fairly quickly on that. I missed it, and even the std cover us running at or near cover on Ebay already. Hopefully this will also influence the print runs of SSoC and vol 2's coming out later this year.

I'm kinda surprised at Monica's Cpt. Marvel trade doing so well. I'm glad it did - those numbers look pretty darn good for a (don't get mad at me) B-C list character who isn't even using that moniker anymore. She's changed her name almost as many times as Hank Pym has, LOL. But I love the character (thanks to Uncle Rog's Avengers run back in the 80's) and with Al Ewing continuing to carry her torch after a long absence, I'm very happy about it. But let's be serious, she's not a character everyone knows. Which is why I called her B-C list. I would've put Clint Barton in that same category about 10 years ago, before they put him in movies. ;-)
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Thanks for sharing. What's the timeline (assuming it happens) of the "What If?" being collected into Omnibus format? Having just started collecting again and jumping straight to omnibus I'm a bit confused on the order of releases as they're restored. I'm considering ordering one of the Marvel Epic books just to check out the format.
    There really is no concrete pattern as to which Omnibuses they release or the time gap before or after the release of material in TPB format. The clone saga was released as Omnibuses and reprinted in TPB at moreorless the same time whereas some material never sees the Omnibus light of day although it gets printed in other formats. The only indicator we have is the release of movies or TV series. When this happens, there is quite a good likelihood of an Omnibus release of the character in question. For example Dr Strange (movie), The Punisher (Netflix), Thanos/Infinity (Avengers movies), Runaways (Hulu series), Carol Danvers (movie)..... This isn't always the case as we didn't see anything for Iron Fist unfortunately, Luke Cage or Black Panther (I reckon we'll see one with the second movie). Personally, I can't see a What If Omnibus happening anytime soon but I could be very wrong as the figures for the TPB are pretty good.

Hey I'm from AR too!

There really is no concrete pattern as to which Omnibuses they release or the time gap before or after the release of material in TPB format. The clone saga was released as Omnibuses and reprinted in TPB at moreorless the same time whereas some material never sees the Omnibus light of day although it gets printed in other formats. The only indicator we have is the release of movies or TV series. When this happens, there is quite a good likelihood of an Omnibus release of the character in question. For example Dr Strange (movie), The Punisher (Netflix), Thanos/Infinity (Avengers movies), Runaways (Hulu series), Carol Danvers (movie)..... This isn't always the case as we didn't see anything for Iron Fist unfortunately, Luke Cage or Black Panther (I reckon we'll see one with the second movie). Personally, I can't see a What If Omnibus happening anytime soon but I could be very wrong as the figures for the TPB are pretty good.
    Thanks, Raffi. It seems the Bronze age material should be entering prime time for sales to collectors who grew up in the 70's-80's. I'm 47 and finally in a position to be able to afford the big books. I took a look at the Epic line but so many of the OOP titles cost as much or more than an Omnibus. I'm going to go ahead and pick up this one with hopes I can replace it with a hc at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post
    Hey I'm from AR too!
    Small world, after all!

How are we feeling with Marvel completing their complete collections? My Indredible Hercules collection is broken into OHC, hardcover, & trades. I would love to have it all uniform in complete collections, but I know Marvel has a hit or miss track record. They pumped out Bendis’ Avengers and Slott’s Spider-Man, but completely abandoned The 2000’s X-Factor after 2 volumes.

I would imagine Indredible Hercules would consist of 3 or 4 volumes, so I am somewhat skeptical since it’s not as popular as Avengers or Spider-Man.