Page 1054 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 5455495410041044105010511052105310541055105610571058106411041154 ... LastLast
Results 15,796 to 15,810 of 20730
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_Von_Doom View Post
    I think I'll do some preorders with TOW for the likely high in demand ones like Uncanny X-Men, and take my chances on IST with others. I want Absolute Carnage and War of the Realms but something tells me people aren't as excited for those versus stuff like UXM.
    Absolute Carnage and War of the Realms are two of the hottest Omnibus coming out this year... and with much newer material nonetheless. I’m sure that those omnibus will sell out instantaneously as well unless they SERIOUSLY up the number of copies from what we have been seeing from these last few Omnibus releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    Absolute Carnage and War of the Realms are two of the hottest Omnibus coming out this year... and with much newer material nonetheless. I’m sure that those omnibus will sell out instantaneously as well unless they SERIOUSLY up the number of copies from what we have been seeing from these last few Omnibus releases.
    Really? I didn't know. Usually when I see them mentioned on YouTube videos / comments, forums, etc, it's people just being surprised that they are coming out so quickly. Most of the stuff I'd seen that seems hotly anticipated have been the reprints, or stuff like David's Hulk and Byrne's She-Hulk. I had no idea these were also so desired. Guess I'm gonna have to go the preorders route, thanks.

So it's only TOW, DCBS, and Amazon for preorders, right? IST and CGN are just wishlists, right?

Spectacular Member

Marvel's not great at communicating with their audience, but they do have outlets to share information. Pretty disappointing that they have made little effort to communicate with collectors. They must be aware that only a handful of product is getting to the shops, and these are selling out faster than normal, leading to an immediately inflated after market with scalpers taking advantage. I guess its time to start winding down collecting Marvel's stuff, as I'm not collecting for the stress of it.

On IST,I couldn't get into the new releases section at all on Tuesday.A little bit of panic set in.Then I remembered I put the books I wanted in my wish list.It came right up,and I was able to buy the books I wanted with ease.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_Von_Doom View Post
    That's what worries me about ordering pre-orders from TOW or DCBS, I'm afraid I'll be sitting there on Tuesdays thinking I'm all good, only to have them not have it available for me and I'm out of luck.
    I received my shipping notice from IST on the Silver Surfer Omnibus I pre-ordered from TOW.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Seeker, out of curiosity when did you put in the order?

Amazing Member

Victor> I would avoid Amazon. Amazon is fine for non limited items because if you get your book damaged you can replace it for another, but if by release the book sells out and you receive a damaged copy you're stuck with only the option to return it. With Amazon and the way they package there's a strong chance of some form of damage, especially with the weight of an omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Seeker, out of curiosity when did you put in the order?
    Last Friday night. I got nervous about this one and decided to preorder. I'll probably preorder the rest of my list through the rest of the year/pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    Last Friday night. I got nervous about this one and decided to preorder. I'll probably preorder the rest of my list through the rest of the year/pandemic.
    I'll probably be doing the same. I preordered on the 29th of May and still no shipping notice. The panic is slowly creeping in...

I'll probably be doing the same. I preordered on the 29th of May and still no shipping notice. The panic is slowly creeping in...
    If you sign into your account on IST, go to your orders and it should show up with status there. I noticed mine was ready for UPS before getting the email. There have been a couple of times where I never received the shipping email.

Oh ok. It's on there on IST. Thanks!

Oh ok. It's on there on IST. Thanks!
    TOW never updates past "Shipping Soon". IST serves as an accurate dashboard for TOW/IST orders. I wish they'd combine them into a single site with pre-orders.

Dazed and Confused

Hi, All,

This is a newbie question –

DCBS' current preorder month is for the June 2020 solicitations, for items coming out in August. If I wanted to preorder something coming out between now and those August books, where could I do so?

Thanks in advance!

– W.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WayneLW View Post
    Hi, All,

This is a newbie question –

DCBS' current preorder month is for the June 2020 solicitations, for items coming out in August. If I wanted to preorder something coming out between now and those August books, where could I do so?

Thanks in advance!

– W.
    Once DCBS's order window has closed for a given period, I think your best bet would be Amazon or Tales of Wonder.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Dazed and Confused

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Once DCBS's order window has closed for a given period, I think your best bet would be Amazon or Tales of Wonder.
    Hi, SJNeal,

Thanks for the reply. Does Tales of Wonder accept preorders, then?

Cheers,

– W.