Page 910 of 975 FirstFirst ... 410810860900906907908909910911912913914920960 ... LastLast
Results 13,636 to 13,650 of 14618
    All-New Member

I got my DM variant of the Conan Omnibus from IST today. I haven't opened it yet, but I just wanted to confirm that it was indeed received and the correct cover.

Spectacular Member Sandbagger77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AstonishingXMan View Post
    Anyone familiar with the title ADVENTURE INTO FEAR?

Issues 10-19 were collected in Man Thing Omni. Issue 19 (first Howard the Duck) has been collected elsewhere.

The last 10 or so issues are Morbius issues... has he ever had a fat TPB or collection? Are any of these issues in the various monster TPBs?

And the first 9 issues of Fear, are they new material? Ever been reprinted?
    The first nine issues are all reprints:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventure_into_Fear

The Morbius stories in Fear have never been reprinted but the b&w ones in Vampire Tales were collected in three undersized TPBs a while back.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbagger77 View Post
    The first nine issues are all reprints:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventure_into_Fear

The Morbius stories in Fear have never been reprinted but the b&w ones in Vampire Tales were collected in three undersized TPBs a while back.

UNDERsized is an UNDERstatement you need a microscope to read them, They need a reprinting in larger size badly.
    Hail Hydra!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Default Marvel Collected Editions Sales - December 2018

The complete estimated comic book sales figures for December 2018 are in (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond). Iíve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMWís as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic and Complete lines that made the list, detailing the position, title and estimated sales. I havenít included any reentries.

41. Avengers: No Surrender TPB - 1,234
    46. Punisher Epic Collection Vol. 2: Circle of Blood -1,173
    47. Marvel Knights: Punisher by Garth Ennis - The Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 1,171
    50. Moon Knight Epic Collection Vol. 3: Final Rest - 1,140
    53. Marvel Masterworks: The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 20 HC - 1,123
    66. Fantastic Four by Mark Waid & Mike Wieringo Omnibus - 997
    70. Captain Marvel: Carol Danvers Ė The Ms. Marvel Years Vol. 3 - 936
    85. Yellow Blue Gray & White by Jeph Loeb & Tim Sale Omnibus - 830
    91. Marvel Universe by Frank Miller Omnibus - 721
    98. Cable: The Last Hope Vol. 2 TPB - 654
    107. X-Men: Gambit - The Complete Collection Vol. 2 -617
    114. She-Hulk by Charles Soule & Javier Pulido: The Complete Collection - 587
    116. Nova by Abnett & Lanning: The Complete Collection Vol. 2 - 577
    117. Marvel Universe by John Byrne Vol. 2 Omnibus - 576
    124. Marvel Knights: Daredevil - Unusual Suspects TPB - 529
    126. X-Men: Reload by Chris Claremont Vol. 1: The End of History TPB - 527
    136. Superior Spider-Man Companion TPB - 486
    172. New X-Men: Academy X Ė The Complete Collection - 380
    181. Bob Laytonís Iron Man Artist Select HC (IDW) - 354

DC's omnibus sales:

82. Batman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 6 - 856
    87. Aquaman By Geoff Johns Omnibus - 795
    99. Super Sons Omnibus - 645
    120. Before Watchmen Omnibus - 549
    131. Wonder Woman: Diana Prince - Celebrating The 60s Omnibus - 508
    223. Flash: The Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 1 (2nd Printing) - 280
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 01-21-2019 at 08:38 AM.

Thanks for posting those stats, Raffi. Interesting to see what numbers the big books sell.

Looks like that DM cover of the Conan Omni is still unavailable, guess I'll begrudgingly have to get the regular cover...

Like, even if they have to do a different cover for the mass-market edition, why not use other artwork from Windsor-Smith for that as well? You know, the guy who most people are buying this for?

Im back! With more questions. There are many lists out there that have reading orders or recommended reading for Marvel Cosmos, such as Annihilation, War of Kings ect. However im not seeing a whole lot about modern comics.

Donnie Cates is a name I see floating around. I know he did Dr.Strange, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, and GotG. But does that connect with Durgans Gotg? What about Infinity Wars? How much can I actually skip and how much should I actually invest in?

Bonus points if anyone can tell me more (quality wise) about Immortal Hulk. Thanks everyone!

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

I see from the April Solicitations that there will be yet another new printing of Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus vol.1. How many new printings is that now of this particular Omnibus? Along with Fantastic Four vol.1 and Uncanny X-Men vol.1, it’s seemingly getting new printings every couple of years. Are they really that popular that they sell out that quickly that they need constant new printings?

Personally it pretty frustrating to see them get new printings all the time when some of the Omnibuses that I missed out on the first time they were printed like the Incredible Hulk vol.1, the Silver Surfer and the Ultimates never seem to get a new printing even though their first and only printing was over 10 years or more ago.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Other than "Marvels", these collections are mainly "greatest hits" or highlights of the respective titles. They are massive, significantly larger than DC's Absolute series.
    Thanks. Was thinking itíd be cool to get the X-men and Avengers oversized, but I think I already have most the X-issues, I should complete some of my other collections first and that size is more than likely to take a little damage by the time it gets to me.

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Looks like that DM cover of the Conan Omni is still unavailable, guess I'll begrudgingly have to get the regular cover...

Like, even if they have to do a different cover for the mass-market edition, why not use other artwork from Windsor-Smith for that as well? You know, the guy who most people are buying this for?
    Yeah I was hoping IST would get some more today too. Eh, I'll keep holding out, though I watched a video of someone thumbing through it and it looks pretty great inside.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by koonfasa View Post
    Thanks. Was thinking it’d be cool to get the X-men and Avengers oversized, but I think I already have most the X-issues, I should complete some of my other collections first and that size is more than likely to take a little damage by the time it gets to me.
    These do typically ship in their own protective box, similar to absolutes. Guess that would ultimately be up to who you purchase from though.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Yeah I was hoping IST would get some more today too. Eh, I'll keep holding out, though I watched a video of someone thumbing through it and it looks pretty great inside.
    The cover won’t stop me from buying an Omni I want, but I usually like the DM ones best. It’s what is inside that really counts in the end.

On the bright side, Marvel usually issues reprints of their Omnis with DM cover that was on the first printing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    I see from the April Solicitations that there will be yet another new printing of Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus vol.1. How many new printings is that now of this particular Omnibus? Along with Fantastic Four vol.1 and Uncanny X-Men vol.1, it’s seemingly getting new printings every couple of years. Are they really that popular that they sell out that quickly that they need constant new printings?

Personally it pretty frustrating to see them get new printings all the time when some of the Omnibuses that I missed out on the first time they were printed like the Incredible Hulk vol.1, the Silver Surfer and the Ultimates never seem to get a new printing even though their first and only printing was over 10 years or more ago.
    While I'm really happy to see the ASM V.1 reprint I agree that not reprinting Hulk, Silver Surfer, etc... doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. I'd think they'd sell quickly enough to justify at least one reprint.

Incredible Member

Just arrived!!! Can't wait to dive in.
    image.jpg
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Thor by Aaron coming out as complete collections, looks like we wont be getting an omnibus for a while