Page 1360 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3608601260131013501356135713581359136013611362136313641370 ... LastLast
Results 20,386 to 20,400 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Looking forward to getting my copies of Defenders vol 2 plus Avengers vol 1 & 2 this month.
    Yes, it is still a great book with terrific stories and artwork.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Incredible Member

Over on Facebook, someone received their copy of Defenders v2 and was good enough to post the back cover upon request. (I’m not giving them credit only because I’m not sure if they’d want their name used.) Here it is, presumably with the entire contents. (Sorry the picture isn’t better, for some reason CBR always seems to make my posted pictures blurry.)

IMG_4516.jpg

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Here is an update for the Defenders Omnibus #2 coming out July 2023:

So....I just watched a NMC video taped in June for July 2023.

The Defenders Vol 2 Omnibus was included. While Omar said we knew of this planned book for about 3 years, it is finally here.

While he listed what was included, unfortunately, those 2 additional issues I had so urgently requested, it seems that it did no good, as they were not mentioned as being included in the Omni.

I am very disappointed, and at this moment I am not sure that I will pick this up as it is not inclusive.
    That is a big shame I will be picking it up as I pre-ordered the DM cover with that fantastic Gil Kane cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    That is a big shame I will be picking it up as I pre-ordered the DM cover with that fantastic Gil Kane cover.
    Thanks. Yeah, I was bummed out because I was so hopeful they would be added. I have the stories in MMW format and will most likely pass on this but get it in Epic format if they continue onward with that book.

I love the Gill Kane cover, but the Sal Buscema one more and, it gives me another cover with Val in her gold costume (which was only shown in 4 issues total, but without those 2 additions I asked for, we only get to see 2).

I am glad you have some good reading heading your way! Those stories are fantastic (I think) and the artwork is so great.

Enjoy, my friend!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Thanks. Yeah, I was bummed out because I was so hopeful they would be added. I have the stories in MMW format and will most likely pass on this but get it in Epic format if they continue onward with that book.
    I can understand why you and others would be disappointed that those 2 Hulk issues are not included as they do feature the Defenders in a major guest starring role but personally as a big Hulk fan, I found the storyline and the ending of it, dealing with the loss and the immediate aftermath, of a major character in the Hulk’s life very hard and sad to read and it’s not a story that I really like going back and read again so personally I’m ok with it not been included in the Defenders Omnibus but that’s just my personal take on the matter.I would still buy it when it comes out even if those 2 issues had been included.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    I can understand why you and others would be disappointed that those 2 Hulk issues are not included as they do feature the Defenders in a major guest starring role but personally as a big Hulk fan, I found the storyline and the ending of it, dealing with the loss and the immediate aftermath, of a major character in the Hulk’s life very hard and sad to read and it’s not a story that I really like going back and read again so personally I’m ok with it not been included in the Defenders Omnibus but that’s just my personal take on the matter.I would still buy it when it comes out even if those 2 issues had been included.
    Indeed, I understand where you are coming from and it was sad for Hulk, but I really liked how the Defenders in general and Valkyrie specifically, were there for him. Val always tried to soothe Hulk when he was upset. This was not the first nor the last time that we would see Val do that for Hulk. Even Nighthawk showed Hulk (again) that he cared for him and that they were friends.

Since I already have it in MMW form, I was really looking forward to the Omni form and with the added issues for a complete story.

(They did include the (2) Marvel Two-In-One issues with the Thing and I am just saying that these 2 Hulk issues are along the same line and really should have been part of the complete story for/in an Omni.)
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 07-08-2023 at 06:39 PM. Reason: For Clarity.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Sending out an urgent SOS - Did I just miss the release of the Marvel Zombies reprint on IST? I don't see it anywhere on the site. Where can I get it besides Amazon? I'm in the US btw. Thanks!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Sending out an urgent SOS - Did I just miss the release of the Marvel Zombies reprint on IST? I don't see it anywhere on the site. Where can I get it besides Amazon? I'm in the US btw. Thanks!
    Looks like Cheap Graphic Novels has the DM cover in stock (the standard says it's a 'special order')

Is Superior Spider-Man any good?
    I do like Dan Slott, but I'm not sure I like the idea of Doc Oc taking over Parker's body.

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    I do like Dan Slott, but I'm not sure I like the idea of Doc Oc taking over Parker's body.
    I enjoyed it was a nice change up for a bit had some fun stories.

Mighty Member

I liked it. I think that a decent number of the people that struggle with or don't like the run can't quite get past the difference between "protagonist" and "hero" - Doc Ock is the protagonist but not the hero of the story (although he has moments), and his various failures as Spider-man show why Peter is the one and only. Think about it more in the vein of Jean Paul Valley taking over as Batman in KnightQuest and KnightsEnd, and don't take the title of "Superior" as anything more than the bloviating of a crazy supervillain, and I think you'll be in the right state of mind to enjoy it
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

I did not like Slott’s ASM, but I enjoyed Superior. If that means anything.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    I liked it. I think that a decent number of the people that struggle with or don't like the run can't quite get past the difference between "protagonist" and "hero" - Doc Ock is the protagonist but not the hero of the story (although he has moments), and his various failures as Spider-man show why Peter is the one and only. Think about it more in the vein of Jean Paul Valley taking over as Batman in KnightQuest and KnightsEnd, and don't take the title of "Superior" as anything more than the bloviating of a crazy supervillain, and I think you'll be in the right state of mind to enjoy it
    That's a pretty well put.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    I did not like Slott’s ASM, but I enjoyed Superior. If that means anything.
    Yes, me too. I think Slott should have left ASM almost immediately after Superior.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joltman View Post
    Looks like Cheap Graphic Novels has the DM cover in stock (the standard says it's a 'special order')
    Thanks! I also found that on CGN and ordered the special order one. Just got an email that says it's been shipped. Whew! I would've been so upset if I missed it

Superior Spider-Man was one of the best Spidey runs of all-time, in my humble opinion.