Page 723 of 1095 FirstFirst ... 223623673713719720721722723724725726727733773823 ... LastLast
Results 10,831 to 10,845 of 16424

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    With Runaways omnibus announced, these are the current OHC's I own since their release that I did not "upgrade" to omnibus since there wasn't really any difference:

Annihilation
    Daredevil by Bendis
    Planet Hulk
    New X-Men (upgrade would be nice for no gutter loss and uncensored manifesto but these have sentimental value)
    Punisher MAX
    Runaways
    Ultimates (upgrade would be nice for no gutter loss)
    Ultimate Spider-man (assuming they ever continue this, which I doubt)
    When it comes out Punisher Max Vol.2 will probably have Barracuda Max which wasn't in the original OHCs so you might want to reconsider that one. Also, I agree with you on the USM OHC line - it shifted to being an Omnibus line ages ago and it's too late to start it up again now.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Yeah, that's right, but I've refrained from getting the USM OHCs in the hope that they eventually release the rest of it in Omni form, which I guess is getting more and more unlikely as time goes on.
    I had already purchased the USM Vol. 8-11 OHCs a couple of years ago and Vol. 7 and 12 earlier this year. I was defiantly waiting for a Vol. 2 Omnibus but when I saw the Vol. 6 OHC on a local auction site, I gave in and decided to bid for it and managed to get it at a pretty low price. Vol. 4 and 5, I recently ordered from the amazon.co.uk marketplace for well below cover price but I won't be picking them up for a while as I had them delivered to my brother's in the UK. I really don't see any further USM Omnibuses appearing.

Unfortunately, it looks like the same story regarding a New Avengers Vol. 2 Omnibus and Iron Man by Fraction Vol. 3 OHC

I guess I’m going to treat the Venom omnibus like I do the Clone Saga and stay far away from it. Haha. I would be interested in a Flash Thompson collection.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    MILES MORALES: ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN OMNIBUS Cover by FIONA STAPLES (as per Hachette Book Group listing):

Wait - this is real?? I've waited years for this book to be announced.

That said, I'm wondering how and if they will collect volume 2. Will there be enough Miles Morales issues to fill a second volume?
    Last edited by Johnatellodi; 11-23-2017 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Wait - this is real?? I've waited years for this book to be announced.

That said, I'm wondering how and if they will collect volume 2. Will there be enough Miles Morales issues to fill a second volume?
    I really don’t think a second Miles Morales Omnibus will be a problem. His current series in the 616 Universe has at present 25 issues (#1-21, #234-237 which includes solicited issues) and counting. Included in that run is the “Sitting In a Tree” story-line which crosses over into 3 issues of Spider-Gwen. In addition to that is the 5-issue mini-series “Spider-Men II”. That’s already 33 issues which if we stop there is a nicely sized Omnibus. The solicited Omnibus isn’t labelled as Vol. 1 as it refers to Miles Morales in the Ultimate Universe. I doubt a probable second Omnibus will be labelled Vol. 2 as it will cover Miles’ life in the 616 Universe (and Earth-65 with Spider-Gwen).

Incredible Member

I really don’t think a second Miles Morales Omnibus will be a problem. His current series in the 616 Universe has at present 25 issues (#1-21, #234-237 which includes solicited issues) and counting. Included in that run is the “Sitting In a Tree” story-line which crosses over into 3 issues of Spider-Gwen. In addition to that is the 5-issue mini-series “Spider-Men II”. That’s already 33 issues which if we stop there is a nicely sized Omnibus. The solicited Omnibus isn’t labelled as Vol. 1 as it refers to Miles Morales in the Ultimate Universe. I doubt a probable second Omnibus will be labelled Vol. 2 as it will cover Miles’ life in the 616 Universe (and Earth-65 with Spider-Gwen).
    Great point. Although naming the second volume could get tricky.

All nearly said and done, which run did you all prefer? ultimate Miles or 616 Miles?

I really don't see any further USM Omnibuses appearing.

Unfortunately, it looks like the same story regarding a New Avengers Vol. 2 Omnibus and Iron Man by Fraction Vol. 3 OHC
    Yup, looks like it. Perhaps if they hadn't tried (and failed) to shove down our throats that hodgepodge of an Omni that was Ultimate Marvel vol. 1, we might have a proper vol. 2 of USM by now.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Yup, looks like it. Perhaps if they hadn't tried (and failed) to shove down our throats that hodgepodge of an Omni that was Ultimate Marvel vol. 1, we might have a proper vol. 2 of USM by now.
    You're most probably right. I believe all our hopes of an USM Vol. 2 Omni died the day they released the Ultimate Marvel Vol. 1 Omni. Heck, it didn't even make the Diamond Sales List the month it was released which had the last entry at 351 units! That was 2 years ago, and they still can't seem to get rid of it in clearance sales.

Anybody know any good Blackfriday deals for Marvel and DC omnibuses?

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy82 View Post
    BarnesandNoble has buy 2 get 1 free plus a 20% off coupon. Not every comic is included in the B2G1 deal though. Also some people are unhappy with the condition of B&N books but I've never had an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy82 View Post
    IST has up to 70% discount on select Marvel Omnibuses and DC books and an extra 3% on orders over the Black Friday and Cyber Monday period.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbagger77 View Post
    When it comes out Punisher Max Vol.2 will probably have Barracuda Max which wasn't in the original OHCs so you might want to reconsider that one. Also, I agree with you on the USM OHC line - it shifted to being an Omnibus line ages ago and it's too late to start it up again now.
    I like the Barracuda mini but I don't mind it not being in the OHC's as the tone is different from most of the Punisher stuff.

Skaar: Son Of Hulk - The Complete Collection was added to the hachette website
    We need better comics

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    BarnesandNoble has buy 2 get 1 free plus a 20% off coupon. Not every comic is included in the B2G1 deal though. Also some people are unhappy with the condition of B&N books but I've never had an issue.
    I've never not had an issue, and I have a paid membership.
    Cyclops was right

What are peoples thoughts on the Journey Into Mystery Omnibus by Kieron Gillen. I am wondering what to do: New Gods Omnibus (alreay own old ones), Batman and Robin by Tomasi and Gleason, Golden Age Batman Volume 4, or Journey Into Mystery. I am fans of Wicked and Divine but I wonder if an Omnibus is worth the dough.