Page 1022 of 1061 FirstFirst ... 2252292297210121018101910201021102210231024102510261032 ... LastLast
Results 15,316 to 15,330 of 15914
  1. #15316
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Wow. They really want to fit everything in don't they.
    Yeah, what with our recent discussions regarding printing quality, I fear for the binding. If they don't revert back to the better binding, this Omnibus will be a real mousetrap and for the most part at 1576 pages unreadable.

    Btw, it's marked as Parental Advisory. Anyone know which issues this will be referring to? Deadpool? Punisher?

    Personally, I would have much preferred 2 Omnibuses or a main slimmer Omnibus with the main event and other important issues such as War Scrolls and have an additional.Companion Omnibus as was the case with Age of Apocalypse and Acts of Vengeance.

  2. #15317
    Fantastic Member ermac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Hey guys.

    Do we already have the predicted list of content for UXM Omnibus Vol 4 and New Mutants Omnibus?

    tks!

  3. #15318
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    70

    Default

    I prefer War of the realms DM cover than the normal one, so I guess I will have to find a store different than Amazon (I'm from Spain, so I cannot use most of the cheap ones). It will be a huge omnibus.

    Also the artbook by Kubert was a surprise, and it's an HC, not like Declan Shalvey's and Quesada's

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yeah, what with our recent discussions regarding printing quality, I fear for the binding. If they don't revert back to the better binding, this Omnibus will be a real mousetrap and for the most part at 1576 pages unreadable.

    Btw, it's marked as Parental Advisory. Anyone know which issues this will be referring to? Deadpool? Punisher?

    Personally, I would have much preferred 2 Omnibuses or a main slimmer Omnibus with the main event and other important issues such as War Scrolls and have an additional.Companion Omnibus as was the case with Age of Apocalypse and Acts of Vengeance.
    I would also prefer two omnibuses, but I guess this will be the way we get events for a while. The next cases will probably be Empyre or Iron Man 2020

  4. #15319
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    69

    Default

    What are the contents of the Thanos omni?

    It's weird how some collections aren't listing their exact contents.

  5. #15320
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    What are the contents of the Thanos omni?

    It's weird how some collections aren't listing their exact contents.
    It is almost certainly Thanos Annual 1 (that's the DM cover), the two 4-issue minis Infinity Entity and Thanos vs Hulk, and the six OGNs, Infinity Relativity, Revelation, Ending, Finale, Sibling, and Conflict (none of that in that order).
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

  6. #15321
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yeah, what with our recent discussions regarding printing quality, I fear for the binding. If they don't revert back to the better binding, this Omnibus will be a real mousetrap and for the most part at 1576 pages unreadable.

    Btw, it's marked as Parental Advisory. Anyone know which issues this will be referring to? Deadpool? Punisher?

    Personally, I would have much preferred 2 Omnibuses or a main slimmer Omnibus with the main event and other important issues such as War Scrolls and have an additional.Companion Omnibus as was the case with Age of Apocalypse and Acts of Vengeance.
    Yeah, you expect this from DC. This is like Fourth World level if not even more. I would also much rather have preferred two omnis at say $75 a piece. This is going to be unwieldy.

  7. #15322
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    168

    Default

    That Venom tongue cover is gross yet extremely cool looking. The Eternals Alex Ross cover is sick. For Infinity Saga, I think I'm going with the Thanos face cover as I like the outer space look as well. Also, can you guys advise on whether I need to read Aaron's Thor run beforehand or can the war of the realms omni be read as a standalone? Thanks.

  8. #15323
    Satanic Member Rimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Wow. They really want to fit everything in don't they.
    the thing is, this event's ancillary mini series - I actually read most of them and they were all good! Giant Men, Spider-Man, Punisher, War Scrolls - all of these were really good. And the Thor issues tie in directly to the main event, so they have to be there. I would guess IM and others are direct tie-ins as well. Still, this is one Massive book.

    I really want to get it, but I'm not sure I will - too big, too unweildy, and if it has really tight binding, it'll be kinda unreadable. Hopefully Omar or someone gets an advanced review of the book, to help me (and others!) decide.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

  9. #15324
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    3,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Re: War of Realms Omni (my edit)
    ........
    Personally, I would have much preferred 2 Omnibuses or a main slimmer Omnibus with the main event and other important issues such as War Scrolls and have an additional.Companion Omnibus as was the case with Age of Apocalypse and Acts of Vengeance.
    I agree that 2 volumes as you laid out makes much more sense.

    I'll be getting the Delgado cover for Venomnibus vol.3 for sure. Does anyone know if Mac Gargan as Venom gets any exposure in this volume? The write up sounded like maybe just a dose when it mentioned new host.

    I have all but one of the Starlin OG OHC but may upgrade.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  10. #15325
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I agree that 2 volumes as you laid out makes much more sense.

    I'll be getting the Delgado cover for Venomnibus vol.3 for sure. Does anyone know if Mac Gargan as Venom gets any exposure in this volume? The write up sounded like maybe just a dose when it mentioned new host.

    I have all but one of the Starlin OG OHC but may upgrade.
    Those Marvel Knights issues are Gargan getting the Venom suit. Not sure about any of the rest of it, but I'd assume given the dates the Sensational issues are, as well
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

  11. #15326
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Does anyone know if the UXF reprint was printed by Leo Group? I looked at the comparison video by Gem Mint and there is no gutter loss despite the different binding. I will go ahead and get that one. I guess it looks as if some books like Wolverine will have massive gutter loss while others like UXF are fine. I suppose it will be a case by case with these upcoming releases as to whether there will be gutter loss or not assuming Leo Group did both Wolverine and UXF.

  12. #15327
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    32

    Default

    UXF reprint is print in Leo (China), how do you know that is no gutter loose, he didn't show any one two page splash.
    Look here:
    https://youtu.be/IDu15cZvh8g?t=759

    The Wolverine reprint is made in made in Malaysia.

  13. #15328
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xanar View Post
    UXF reprint is print in Leo (China), how do you know that is no gutter loose, he didn't show any one two page splash.
    Look here:
    https://youtu.be/IDu15cZvh8g?t=759

    The Wolverine reprint is made in made in Malaysia.
    I can't say for splash pages. For everything else, he was flipping both side by side to different sections of the book and the white borders towards the middle you could clearly see on both though to a slightly lesser extent with the reprint. That is good enough for me. Splash pages are not as big a concern assuming it is minimal. I haven't read the run before so can't say as to how many instances of those there would be in this omni. But considering there is no gutter loss for most pages as far as I could see I would assume the same would apply to any splash pages.

  14. #15329
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    3,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    VENOMNIBUS VOL. 3
    Written by HOWARD MACKIE, ERIK LARSEN, JOHN BYRNE, PAUL JENKINS, DANIEL WAY, PETER MILLIGAN, MARK MILLAR, ROBERTO AGUIRRE-SACASA, CHRISTOS GAGE & SEAN McKEEVER
    Penciled by JOHN ROMITA JR., JOE BENNETT, JOHN BYRNE, ERIK LARSEN, HUMBERTO RAMOS, FRANCISCO HERRERA, PACO MEDINA, SKOTTIE YOUNG, CLAYTON CRAIN, TERRY DODSON, FRANK CHO, LEE WEEKS, MARIO ALBERTI, TERRELL BOBBETT, KANO & MORE
    COVERS BY SAM KIETH & MIKE DEODATO, JR. (DM)
    Venom is back! Eddie Brock and his alien symbiote return to torment Spider-Man — but Venom makes dangerous new enemies when he crosses the Sinister Six! As Eddie suffers a tragic loss and takes a turn for the worse, the symbiote begins to hunger — and target the innocents Venom used to protect! Horror emerges in the Arctic as a conspiracy is revealed, and Venom clashes with Carnage in a psychotic family reunion! But when Eddie and the symbiote go their separate ways, who is more dangerous: the insidious new Venom, or the deranged Eddie Brock? Collecting PETER PARKER: SPIDER-MAN (1999) #9-10, #12 (A STORY) and #16-17; NOVA (1999) #7; AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1999) #12 (A STORY) and #19; SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (2003) #1-5; VENOM (2003) #1-18; VENOM VS. CARNAGE #1-4; MARVEL KNIGHTS SPIDER-MAN (2004) #7-8 and #11; SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN (2006) #38-39; SPIDER-MAN/FANTASTIC FOUR (2010) #2; and material from SPIDER-MAN FAMILY (2007) #1-2.
    1088 PGS./Rated T …$125.00
    Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Those Marvel Knights issues are Gargan getting the Venom suit. Not sure about any of the rest of it, but I'd assume given the dates the Sensational issues are, as well
    Thanks Bob. I went over to ComicVine and looked up the MKS issues. I'm now extra puzzled as issues #7-8 are actually parts 3&4 of a storyline called 'Venomous'. Scorpion is listed for issue #8 but not 5-7. Wondering if this is a typo in the solicit. Why only include issues 7-8 of a 4 part Venom story in the Venomnibus???
    Sensational S-M #38-39 is the 'Last Temptation of Eddie Brock', cover to 39 shows him in a hospital bed in his death throws.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  15. #15330
    TPB/HC Enthusiast JJ87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Thanks Bob. I went over to ComicVine and looked up the MKS issues. I'm now extra puzzled as issues #7-8 are actually parts 3&4 of a storyline called 'Venomous'. Scorpion is listed for issue #8 but not 5-7. Wondering if this is a typo in the solicit. Why only include issues 7-8 of a 4 part Venom story in the Venomnibus???
    Sensational S-M #38-39 is the 'Last Temptation of Eddie Brock', cover to 39 shows him in a hospital bed in his death throws.
    Issues 7-8 are parts 3 & 4 of "Venomous", a storyline where Eddie Brock auctions the symbiote. The Venom host for these issues is a character named Angelo Fortunato, and these two issues are the ones that heavily feature him, I assume we will have recap pages in this omni to keep the reader up with the Venom part of the story. I'd recommend the whole Millar run if you want to know details, it's a fun read. Mac Gargan (Scorpion) is listed only in #8 since that's where he has a small appearance. However, he does appear as the symbiote host in issue 11, also included in this solicitation.
    Last edited by JJ87; 02-21-2020 at 04:58 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •