Page 729 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2296296797197257267277287297307317327337397798291229 ... LastLast
Results 10,921 to 10,935 of 20767

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Just a couple of notes about the Mark Waid Cap omnibus:

- They found room for both versions of issue # 14, which Waid took his name off after the editors rewrote it. In the main body of the book we get the published version and Waid's original is included as a supplement at the end of the book. I think this placement choice is right.

- The "Sentinel of Liberty" maxiseries is placed after the end of Waid's run on the main book, which again I think is right. (Putting Avengers Forever in the middle of the Busiek Avengers omnibus kind of messed up the flow, and I would have preferred to see it at the end with a note explaining where it fits in continuity.)
    Does anyone have any more information about issue 14? First I've heard of this. The book is in my read pile at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Does anyone have any more information about issue 14? First I've heard of this. The book is in my read pile at the moment
    Mark Waid did an interview about it a few years back to promote the release of the Red Glare Premiere Classic HC which included both versions: https://www.cbr.com/reviving-mark-waids-red-skull/. Some of the changes are described here: https://www.cbr.com/comic-book-urban...s-revealed-86/.

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    There should be two, right? The next iteration of X-Men (Giant-Size and beyond) starts at Epic volume 5. So there’s still two Epics to fill, and there’s only 21 issues left (46-66), so they must be planning to include a bunch of extras (I’d imagine the entirety of the X-Men Masterworks 7-8 and maybe more).
    Thank you for answering! I thought my question got overlooked.

I was confused when Marvel skipped over 46-66 and the next epic began with the All-New XMen. I have been waiting for those final issues to read.

So obviously a trend with post Heroes Reborn titles getting an omnibus (or two) -

Avengers (Busiek & Perez)
    Iron Man (Busiek)
    Thor (Romita & Jurgens)
    Cap (Waid)

Who else could we see in the future in this scenario? FF vol 3 (Lobdell and Davis)? If that would come, what would you expect to see from it?
    Anything else effected by Heroes Reborn/Return that might fall under this scenario? Hulk maybe?
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    So obviously a trend with post Heroes Reborn titles getting an omnibus (or two) -

Iron Man (Busiek)
    Thor (Romita & Jurgens)
    Cap (Waid)

Who else could we see in the future in this scenario? FF vol 3 (Lobdell and Davis)? If that would come, what would you expect to see from it?
    Anything else effected by Heroes Reborn/Return that might fall under this scenario? Hulk maybe?
    Heroes Return Fantastic Four has never been collected at all and most of it is by Chris Claremont (who took over after Lobdell and Davis mysteriously left after 3 issues), so I have to assume we'll get an omnibus sometime, considering that just about anything Claremont gets an omnibus lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post

Iron Man (Busiek)
    Thor (Romita & Jurgens)
    Cap (Waid)

Thunderbolts by Busiek?

I'd also pick up a post Busiek Iron Man omnibus. I'm also hoping we get volume 2 of Jurgens Thor sooner rather than later

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

The Hachette catalogue can now be downloaded:
    https://redirect.viglink.com/?format...log%20is%20out

Unfortunately, the second Hickman Avengers Omnibus is just a reprint of the remaining issues from the Avengers, New Avengers and Time Runs Out OHCs. No Avengers World

Extraordinary Member

From that era I'd like to see them collect the limited series that were produced as failed pilots for ongoing series. So despite the success of the 1998 Avengers relaunch, there were no ongoing spinoffs, but there were a bunch of 3 and 4-issue limited series that never got to become ongoings. We already got Avengers Infinity but there was also Steve Englehart's Hellcat, the Wonder Man/Beast limited series, and the Covenant of the Shield limited series that reimagined the Avengers as Medieval Fantasy characters.

There was also the Nick Fury/Agent 13 limited series that spun off from Waid's Cap, and maybe others I don't recall - probably enough for a "Heroes Return companion" TPB or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

Unfortunately, the second Hickman Avengers Omnibus is just a reprint of the remaining issues from the Avengers, New Avengers and Time Runs Out OHCs. No Avengers World
    Thanks for the link!

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    It's great.
    I'm just not a fan of Garney's art. He's not bad, but just sorta dull.

Yes. In fact there was a cool run by Paul Jenkins and John Cassady
    That's right - I had forgotten about that run, but I bought it for Cassady's art - an oversized hardcover collection of that would be nice - I think it was only around 10 issues, right?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    I'm just not a fan of Garney's art. He's not bad, but just sorta dull.
    I love the way his style has evolved since then. I searched for some of his Captain America art and could hardly recognize it next to his Daredevil work I've been exposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Mark Waid did an interview about it a few years back to promote the release of the Red Glare Premiere Classic HC which included both versions: https://www.cbr.com/reviving-mark-waids-red-skull/. Some of the changes are described here: https://www.cbr.com/comic-book-urban...s-revealed-86/.
    Interesting stuff, thanks!

All-New Member

Classic X-Men, worth it? I have most other X-Men ominibi, just on the fence about this one.
    Last edited by coreycwheat; 12-12-2017 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

Thanks for the link!
    Page 130 of the catalog didn't seem to download for me. There's a 9th Amazing Spider-Man: Worldwide in the index and I was curious about its contents

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by coreycwheat View Post
    Classic X-Men, worth it? I have most other X-Men ominibi, just on the fence about this one.
    I'm passing on it until it shows up on a clearance sale.

The Claremont back up stories usually tied into the action of the main UXM issue being reprinted. Having them separate from the original issues diminishes their impact. The backups from other writers are character side stories. It also has the revised pages that were placed in the reprint stories.

Overall, I would say that it is only for X-Men fans who need every story.