Page 783 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2836837337737797807817827837847857867877938338831283 ... LastLast
Results 11,731 to 11,745 of 20773
    Extraordinary Member

Yeah I'm seeing the financial downside to it LOL.

I did but severely cut back since last year or so. I've pretty much bought all my Omnis as blind buys and I'm reading them extremely slow while not even sure most time if I'll ever read them again so what's the point really?
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Extraordinary Member

Blind buys?

Incredible Member

I do educated guess buying. About 80% of the stuff I read I know I will re-read so I do a good job buying what I like. I am reading Fourth World and I now want to go back and re-read the Orion omnibus.
    Last edited by RamblingMan; 03-21-2018 at 03:49 PM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Anyone else get the omnibus bug? Where you want more and more.
    Since 2008, my first Omni TIH vol.1
    This count of 544 is Omni/OHC/Delxues/Absolutes & Library Editions spread across Marvel/DC/Valiant/Image
    I scan the barcode into my phone App for Library Thing which also has a web accessible platform.
    LibraryThing Catalog .jpg
    Last edited by Captain Craig; 03-21-2018 at 07:07 PM.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This count of 544 is Omni/OHC/Delxues spread across Marvel/DC/Valiant/Image
    I scan the barcode into my phone App for Library Thing which also has a web accessible platform.
    This is....really useful.

And also scary so I'm probably not gonna do it but I probably should...

Incredible Member

I started in 2010 on my 30th birthday with the House of M set as my present to myself and was only going to do "significant" arcs in the high end format. I now have 267 Marvel Omni/OHCs plus all the other publishers.That is not including ones I have rebought in a later release (Planet Hulk, Hickman Avengers, Disassembled...) that I haven't sold off. So yes it does spiral out of control. Then I started getting Masterworks...
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Incredible Member

Blind buys?

When you are unfamiliar with the material and don't know if you will like it or not.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I had it for years, but I'm now in remission. I've got way too many, and not enough space for them. Moving is an absolute (ha!) b*tch when you have to box up a thousands tons worth of books...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This count of 544 is Omni/OHC/Delxues/Absolutes & Library Editions spread across Marvel/DC/Valiant/Image
    Thanks! I've been looking for something like this.

Thanks for the feedback on Secret Warriors. Any complaints on the new Walt Thor tpbs?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I had it for years, but I'm now in remission. I've got way too many, and not enough space for them. Moving is an absolute (ha!) b*tch when you have to box up a thousands tons worth of books...
    Same here ... the first Omnibus I got was FF Vol 1, 1st printing, back in 2005 or 2006? It was a Christmas present. I kept going for years & years and at one time up thru 2011-12ish had most of the Omnibus books released by then. Granted, back then they weren't released at such a fast clip as they are today. I started selling them off due to space constraints, and when prices spiked on the back issue market.

And yes, moving is indeed a massive pain. We moved 2 years ago and after I finally finished unloading the U-Haul's stash of 20+ long boxes full of TPBs, HCs, and Omnibus books I said to myself I'd never do that again. I'd rather sell them before moving them again, it was such a pain.

I still pick up stuff from time to time, but it's mostly when I can find something on super clearance, or something I really, really want that plugs gaps in my collection, or I see myself rereading several times.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

My most recent move was into a much smaller space, so now 75% (?) of my collection is in a storage unit. While I have a mental list of stuff I want to sell sooner than later, the thought of navigating that inaccessible storage unit is overwhelming!

So I'm pretty much doomed.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Just read through Siege over the last few days as I am doing a complete read through of Thor...what a chore!

Really difficult to get the complete story with so many moving parts and titles involved.

Anyways, this got me thinking bout my Bendis' New Avengers collection and how random it is.

Does anyone have the Complete Collection TPB's? I am leaning toward picking them up but feel like a lot of it will be double dipping with the over-sized event collections.

In our previous home, pre-kids, I had an entire man cave/comic book room. On the walls I had framed DC & Marvel posters, a TV / PS2 / Nintendo cabinet, gaming chair, pull out couch futon, and IKEA bookshelves along one entire wall filled top to bottom with HCs, Omnibus books, TPBs, comic related action figures, etc. It was a pretty cool place to hang out, for me at least.

After the kids came along we moved my son into the former man cave and added doors on the upper half of the bookshelves to hide the comics. I sold off probably 1/3 to half the collection at that time, to make room for his stuff, since it was his room after all. The lower halves of the bookshelves were left open and he put all his toys and books and pictures on them.

When we moved, we downsized into a 90 year old in-city house with an unfinished basement. Since the basement has a tendency to leak (seep) around the bottom of the far wall during very heavy rainstorms, there was no way I was keeping my comics down there, even in rubbermaid boxes. It doesn't leak all the time just a small trickle during heavy rains, or snow melt. Most of my collection is now in long boxes, stacked head high and about 4-5 deep in my bedroom closet.

I've tried going digital but it's not the same. I get tired of staring at a screen after working all day, and I like to hold a physical book in my hands when I'm reading. By now, most of my reading time has degenerated into a few mins in the evenings before bed. At some point I'll probably sell off more of the collection and only keep things I really like, or plan to re-read multiple times, and some of my older collection which has a personal collection from when I was a kid. Ah, life.