Page 662 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1625626126526586596606616626636646656666727127621162 ... LastLast
Results 9,916 to 9,930 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    I've just purchased my first omnibus, and got The Trial of Captain America and Return of the Winter Soldier omnis. Now I'm in the difficult position of not knowing whether to buy the preceding TPB collections or waiting for the previous omnis to get a reprint. I'm also in a similar spot with Daredevil, having just purchased the two Ed Brubaker omnibus, but I'm missing the Bendis ones. Is there a decent chance any of those will get a reprint in the next couple years, or is buying the ultimate collections my only chance at getting all those issues?
    Your guess is as good as ours. I would kinda assume the Bendis DD omnis WILL be reprinted at some point, since they've already reprinted the Miller and Bru ones.

As far as Bru Cap, that's more tricky. Again, I would THINK they would reprint the 1st three omnibuses, BUT I doubt they would do them all at the same time.
    So you might see the first volume one year, "death of" the next, and "Lives" the next. Again, totally just a guess.
    the other issue with Bru-Cap is the TPB collecting of it is a total mess. I would think they might just go the route of the "complete collection" ala Bendis' Avengers runs right now, and collect the entire thing in 5 or so large TPBs. But again, no one really has much of a clue.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

New Hatchette catalog is out!!:

http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.co...alogID=4212854

Mostly 'new to us' items are in MAR timeframe as everything else was spoiled by Amazon Fish.

A few new items:

Avengers MMW 18
    AVENGERS (1963) 178-188, ANNUAL (1967) 8-9; MATERIAL FROM MARVEL TALES (1966) 100

Avengers Epic Collection: The Avengers/Defenders War
    AVENGERS (1963) 115-128, GIANT-SIZE (1974) 1, DEFENDERS (1972) 8-11, CAPTAIN MARVEL (1968) 33, FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) 150

The Avengers Omnibus Vol. 3
    AVENGERS (1963) 59-88, INCREDIBLE HULK (1968) 140, MARVEL SUPER-HEROES (1967) 17

(I see a trend there...)

There's also a new Wolverine Epic, a new SW epic, and an Agents of Atlas complete collection big TPB (like they're doing with Avengers Initiative and Academy among others...)

Enjoy!
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    I've just purchased my first omnibus, and got The Trial of Captain America and Return of the Winter Soldier omnis. Now I'm in the difficult position of not knowing whether to buy the preceding TPB collections or waiting for the previous omnis to get a reprint. I'm also in a similar spot with Daredevil, having just purchased the two Ed Brubaker omnibus, but I'm missing the Bendis ones. Is there a decent chance any of those will get a reprint in the next couple years, or is buying the ultimate collections my only chance at getting all those issues?
    You can get the other stuff in paperback for so cheap that, even if the Omnis go back in print, it won't be a big loss and you can probably sell them for what you paid.

Check out:

CAPTAIN AMERICA - WINTER SOLDIER ULTIMATE COLLECTION
    CAPTAIN AMERICA - RED MENACE
    CAPTAIN AMERICA - THE DEATH OF CAPTAIN AMERICA ULTIMATE COLLECTION

The Reborn era stuff is almost all OOP, wait for a reprint and read digitally.

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

You can also get winter soldier as oversized hardover that was printed for the movie

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post

http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.co...alogID=4212854

Mostly 'new to us' items are in MAR timeframe as everything else was spoiled by Amazon Fish.
    There is also a Legionquest HC in April that will bridge the OHC gap between Phalanx Covenant and Age of Apocalypse. This notably supplants the Prelude to AoA TPB with awful reproduction quality as well as Generation X Classic v1, as the only previously available print sources of UXM 318 and 319. Should make for a nice upgrade!

I expect Krisis to excitedly blog about this volume at any moment.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Well those solicits suck. Where the hell are the Black,Panther omnibuses?
    Cyclops was right

Yay for Kelly/ Seagle X-Men runs being collected!

Quite disappointed with the Wolverine epic. A third of it is the Origin stuff and I've just bought that in OHC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Yay for Kelly/ Seagle X-Men runs being collected!
    I must have missed this? What was collected?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post

The Avengers Omnibus Vol. 3
    AVENGERS (1963) 59-88, INCREDIBLE HULK (1968) 140, MARVEL SUPER-HEROES (1967) 17
    This feels right, had hoped for it but couldn't count on it. This takes Avengers SA up to volume 3 just like ASM, UXM and FF.
    The question I(we) now have is will we see a volume 4 for Avengers in early 2019? It would be needed just to get the title over 100 issues in consecutive Omni format.
    Will the "canary" be X-Men: Dark Phoenix where an UXM vol.4 could be done and if they don't we'll know Marvel Collected Editions is still lacking confidence to do an OMNI that states VOLUME 4??
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    Quite disappointed with the Wolverine epic. A third of it is the Origin stuff and I've just bought that in OHC.
    I must have missed this? What was collected?
    X-Men stuff for March/April 2018:

New Mutants: Back To School Complete Collection
    NEW MUTANTS (2003) 1-13, MATERIAL FROM X-MEN UNLIMITED (1993) 42-43

X-Men Blue Vol. 0: Reunion
    UNCANNY X-MEN (1981) 351-359, X-MEN UNLIMITED (1993) 17, UNCANNY X-MEN/FANTASTIC FOUR ANNUAL 1998, CEREBRO'S GUIDE TO THE X-MEN

Wolverine Epic Collection vol. 13: Blood Debt
    WOLVERINE (1988) 150-158, ANNUAL '99; WOLVERINE: THE ORIGIN 1-6

X-Men Gold Vol. 0: Homecoming
    X-MEN (1991) 70-79, X-MEN/DR. DOOM ANNUAL 1998, MATERIAL FROM X-MEN UNLIMITED (1993) 18

X-Men Legionquest OHC
    UNCANNY X-MEN (1981) 318-321, X-MEN (1991) 38-41, X-MEN UNLIMITED (1993) 4-7, X-MEN ANNUAL (1992) 3, X-FACTOR (1986) 107-109, CABLE (1993) 20

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This feels right, had hoped for it but couldn't count on it. This takes Avengers SA up to volume 3 just like ASM, UXM and FF.
    The question I(we) now have is will we see a volume 4 for Avengers in early 2019? It would be needed just to get the title over 100 issues in consecutive Omni format.
    Will the "canary" be X-Men: Dark Phoenix where an UXM vol.4 could be done and if they don't we'll know Marvel Collected Editions is still lacking confidence to do an OMNI that states VOLUME 4??
    At this point, I think the only thing keeping UXM 4 from coming out is the lack of Masterworks. As soon as they meet up with Mutant Massacre we should be getting it.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    X-Men stuff for March/April 2018:

X-Men Legionquest OHC
    UNCANNY X-MEN (1981) 318-321, X-MEN (1991) 38-41, X-MEN UNLIMITED (1993) 4-7, X-MEN ANNUAL (1992) 3, X-FACTOR (1986) 107-109, CABLE (1993) 20
    Yes please!

That's probably the most underwhelming catalog I've seen in a long ass time
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    At this point, I think the only thing keeping UXM 4 from coming out is the lack of Masterworks. As soon as they meet up with Mutant Massacre we should be getting it.
    I agree with Uncanny - you're looking at another 1-2 years of MMWs before an omnibus would come.

But for all the other titles, these MMWs have been for awhile. If they wanted to, they could pump out Avengers vols 3, 4, 5++, same with Thor, same with Spidey, same with F4.

Cap could pump out a vol 3 now, and so could Iron Man.

Hulk and DD would be vol 2s and obviously there is a LOT of volumes they could pump out if they wanted to. But for most of these titles, it feels like they want to get out other material in omnibus format first, and you can't just release 2-3 omnis of the same character and not expect diminishing returns (except for Spidey & possible X-men - you could pump out 1 a month and I think they'd still sell the same.

I think reprinting the older SA ones is in question. They sort of set a precedent previously, where they reprinted FF vols 1 and 2 before soliciting vol 3, and reprinted Cap vol 1 before soliciting vol 2. Same with Uncanny multiple times. But then we get Thor vol 3 with no reprints of vol 1 (vol 2 was a clearanced book so that's not surprising). Now Avengers vol 3 and no reprints of vols 1 or 2 (granted vol 2 was clearanced, too, a year or so ago, but I think vol 1 had been OOP for awhile now).

I'm beginning to wonder on these old SA editions, if they are not going to reprint them anytime soon (Thor vol 1, Iron Man vols 1 & 2, etc...) Perhaps once they decide to release another Thor omni a year or two down the line, and they feel like they'e already reprinted Simonson and done the Jurgens thing, so maybe then they'd reprint vol 1. Iron man probably has the second Layton omni coming before another SA reprint. But you never know. It's interesting to analyze, though.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'd forgotten about the reprint cycle of some prior volumes on the SA Omnis.
    Part of my wishful thinking for SA Iron Man and Captain America vol.3s lies in the final Infinity War as that will be the last time those characters are going to have a large tie-in for some time. Not that it has to but the SA Omni for these characters has rolled out with these actors in the MCU and it would be nice to have 3 volumes(3 solo films) at least for each character even though Hulk is clearly not going to achieve that. However, Thor getting to a vol.3 and not IM or Cap just feels odd, just, but odd.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime