Page 670 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1705706206606666676686696706716726736746807207701170 ... LastLast
Results 10,036 to 10,050 of 20769

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Question for everyone. I have always used TalesofWonder for my books, but recently tried out InStockTrades. Yes, I realize they're sister-companies. ;-)

Anyways, I placed on order 3 days ago and I still haven't been notified it has shipped. Is this normal for them? I realize with free shipping and media mail, etc... that speediness is not guaranteed or even expected, I'm just curious if this is "normal" for them, or if there's an issue with my order.

thanks!
    Yes, it is normal. The general rule is if you order only books released in the current week then your order will ship in 48 hours or less, but if you grab older books it can take longer.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm glad to see the Monsterbus vol.2 rise to the top of IST chart.

Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 9.44.42 AM.jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

I've updated my table showing how the decades are represented in Epic Collections thus far. Star Wars Epics have been omitted from my analysis. This represents everything solicited through April 2018 and does not include proto-Epics such as The Captain or the mid-80s Bill Mantlo Hulk trio.

Some of the volumes bridge decade boundaries and require a bit of a judgment call. In these instances I generally favored placing them into the decade represented by the bulk of the material in the volume, not necessarily the earliest material in the book.

Fantastic Member

hey guys, is Loki Journey into Mystery Omnibus self-sufficient? i've never read any Thor/Loki stuff. is there something i need to know before reading this book?

For me, knowing who there character was before there transformation made the stories all the more better.
    Both young Loki and Superior Spider-Man (Doc Ock) were over the top fun to read because of both good story telling
    and the knowledge of who was lurking behind the current.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    hey guys, is Loki Journey into Mystery Omnibus self-sufficient? i've never read any Thor/Loki stuff. is there something i need to know before reading this book?
    Quite a bit. It spins out of Siege and Fear Itself, and relies on the reader having some idea of what was going on in Thor at the time.
    Cyclops was right

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Quite a bit. It spins out of Siege and Fear Itself, and relies on the reader having some idea of what was going on in Thor at the time.
    thanks! that's a no for me then, can't really afford getting into something big right now...

thanks! that's a no for me then, can't really afford getting into something big right now...

Well, you don't have to know a lot, but FS is right - it's good to know about Fear Itself, since there's major arcs that deal with Young Loki's role in it and after. I think if you find a synopsis of that story line somewhere you should be good to go. Other than that, the events behind Siege and what happened to adult Loki and why there's a young Loki are talked about quit a bit, so that part you'll pick up on early on. Of course, I say this from someone who read all the previous stuff, so most of it made sense to me.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    If there was ever a cover that truly makes you miss the faux leather binding it has to be this oneAttachment 52728Attachment 52729

Edit: Started my quality check page through and yet another one goes back. Attachment 52730 I am really getting frustrated with this. I swear 2 of every 3 on is I get have to go back due to production defect/damage.
    I've noticed IST has become dreadful with damaged books. I don't buy many things anymore anyway, but I make sure when I do I avoid IST now.

Prices are good but most of their stuff is damaged. That's why they have so many titles they sell as "damaged stock."

I've ordered many Image trades from them since they're only about $5, and the covers are always torn. It's not worth the hassle to return something for $5, but if it's an omnibus I can see the problem more so.

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurCurry View Post
    I've noticed IST has become dreadful with damaged books. I don't buy many things anymore anyway, but I make sure when I do I avoid IST now.

Prices are good but most of their stuff is damaged. That's why they have so many titles they sell as "damaged stock."

I've ordered many Image trades from them since they're only about $5, and the covers are always torn. It's not worth the hassle to return something for $5, but if it's an omnibus I can see the problem more so.
    Without knowing for certain why the books were damaged I don't think it fair to attribute the damage to IST. Torn covers? I find it hard to believe IST packed and shipped something that had a torn cover that wouldn't already be listed as damaged.
    If you've ever bought 1 big OS book from them you are aware of the bomb proof nature of which IST packs books.
    The two books I've gotten from them that had damage were clearly a manufacturing issue and not a shipping one. Their customer service was second to none, way better than CheapGraphicNovels.

The consensus around here is they are the best. A few delays on shipping out books after sales or what have you but I find your account to be very unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Without knowing for certain why the books were damaged I don't think it fair to attribute the damage to IST. Torn covers? I find it hard to believe IST packed and shipped something that had a torn cover that wouldn't already be listed as damaged.
    If you've ever bought 1 big OS book from them you are aware of the bomb proof nature of which IST packs books.
    The two books I've gotten from them that had damage were clearly a manufacturing issue and not a shipping one. Their customer service was second to none, way better than CheapGraphicNovels.

The consensus around here is they are the best. A few delays on shipping out books after sales or what have you but I find your account to be very unique.
    Yeah. I've had quite a few returns with them, but all of them were manufacturing errors; nothing they could have known without actually flipping through the books before sending them. That's more on my garbage luck than IST's quality control.
    Cyclops was right

Incredible Member

Yeah. I've had quite a few returns with them, but all of them were manufacturing errors; nothing they could have known without actually flipping through the books before sending them. That's more on my garbage luck than IST's quality control.
    Agreed all my damaged returns are due to production damage. However I am more concerned about a seeming increase in those damages from Marvels printing company choice.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

All-New Member

Is there a link to a pic for the cover of the upcoming Avengers Omnibus vol 3? I've tried googling it but no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Agreed all my damaged returns are due to production damage. However I am more concerned about a seeming increase in those damages from Marvels printing company choice.
    Yep. My Duggan Deadpool Omni literaly fell apart in my hands as soon as i took it out of the box. How do you let such a low quality product make it to market?
    Cyclops was right

Both of my imperfect books were Marvel. I always take mine out of the cellophane and examine them.
    Marvel needs a better form of quality control at those overseas print shops, if they have any QC at all.