Page 951 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 45185190194194794894995095195295395495596110011051 ... LastLast
Results 14,251 to 14,265 of 20767
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ROM Spaceknight View Post
    Just got the Savage She-Hulk Marvel Masterworks (MMW) #2. Great volume! Paging through this brings back memories, since I had (past tense) most of these floppies back in the day.

I'm amused at the "caliber" (ha ha) of super-villains Shulkie has to fight, i.e. "The Grappler", "Radius", "Man Elephant", etc. These stories are so cheesy I need crackers - ha ha. That being said, I really dig the early '80's vibe, and the art - while not great - really fits the story/characters.

Also like the inclusion of MTIO #88, where SH teams up with The Thing. I had forgotten this issue was included in here - nice "extra".

SSH has been on my list of titles I have wanted reprinted in color for years, so it's great that we finally got this done-in-two.
    As I don't want to get into too many characters via MMW, Daredevil is my only one(might do Ghost Rider) at present, I'm holding out that maybe Savage She-Hulk will get an Omni eventually in a few years. It could be a nice $75msrp book at that even.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Does anyone know if Books of Doom is collected in any epic collection?
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    Does anyone know if Books of Doom is collected in any epic collection?
    It is not. I would not count on it showing up in any epic collection as they have only, so far, collected material between the 60's & early 90's.

Question of my own in regards to Harras' Avengers run...

Anyone have any opinions? Yay or Nay? Thinking about picking up the Avengers Epic Collections vols 21-23 & 24 when it comes out in December.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    It is not. I would not count on it showing up in any epic collection as they have only, so far, collected material between the 60's & early 90's.

Anyone have any opinions? Yay or Nay? Thinking about picking up the Avengers Epic Collections vols 21-23 & 24 when it comes out in December.
    Harras run is recommended for the slow build of the Gatherers saga which takes lace across all 4 volumes (perhaps not 21?) of these Epic collections.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post

They're as solid as anything Marvel was producing in the 90's. I say get them while they're still readily available, otherwise you'll be kicking yourself when they go out of print.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member Squall Leonhart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Antari View Post
    Any opinions on material collected in X-MEN: SHATTERSHOT OHC? Worth it in your opinion?
    If you like the material in Fatal Attractions, X-Cutioner's Song, etc., than it is fun! I personally love this era and find it iconic, so I'll be picking it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Harras run is recommended for the slow build of the Gatherers saga which takes lace across all 4 volumes (perhaps not 21?) of these Epic collections.
    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    They're as solid as anything Marvel was producing in the 90's. I say get them while they're still readily available, otherwise you'll be kicking yourself when they go out of print.
    Thank you both! I will grab volumes 22-23 with my next IST order.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I say get them while they're still readily available, otherwise you'll be kicking yourself when they go out of print.
    This should literally be the motto for our hobby.

Too often and repeatedly we see "I was waiting to get this for "x,y,z" reason and now in just 4, 6 or 9 months it has suddenly gone from OOS to OOP!!!
    Budget people.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    I legitimately have a file with a link to my calendar, just for comics. So I can budget what I want and set a calendar reminder to buy or pay for it within a reasonable time.

As well as a multi-layer list to track books by publisher or type. So I know what I need or have read. It sounds like a madman's overkill. But once set up, it has barely any upkeep.
    Yeah, I think a lot of us manage some kind of internal spreadsheet of what we want, what's coming out, when, etc... I'm a data nerd, so I kinda like doing that, but still, it's crazy. And oftentimes it's totally random, too, where a book you'd think WILL go OOP quickly sits around for along time, and vice versa. To me, the shocking thing is the prices these books get to on the aftermarket. Epic collection fat trades, going for > $100? insanity. But I will say I've paid way more than I should for a couple of white whales (I'm looking at you, first 3 Brubaker Cap omnis!) but when you gotta have it, you gotta have it, I guess. ;-)

LET'S GO BLUES!!!!!
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    I legitimately have a file with a link to my calendar, just for comics. So I can budget what I want and set a calendar reminder to buy or pay for it within a reasonable time.

As well as a multi-layer list to track books by publisher or type. So I know what I need or have read. It sounds like a madman's overkill. But once set up, it has barely any upkeep.
    I keep an excel spreadsheet with month to month tracking of what I have pre-ordered and to track books I want. As new books I want get announced, I add them. I also have prices in so I can budget easily.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I keep an excel spreadsheet with month to month tracking of what I have pre-ordered and to track books I want. As new books I want get announced, I add them. I also have prices in so I can budget easily.
    Anyone have a fancy spreadsheet example they'd like to share? I've been thinking about doing this but just haven't gotten around to it. My "system" consists of want lists on Amazon, IST, and TOW. Not clean.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    Anyone have a fancy spreadsheet example they'd like to share? I've been thinking about doing this but just haven't gotten around to it. My "system" consists of want lists on Amazon, IST, and TOW. Not clean.
    I would not call my example "fancy". I simply organize mine with headers (titles/release date/cost). That way I can track my month to month costs a bit. That's what I have at the moment. To get to this list, a few months ago I mined everything coming out months in advance in order to prioritize the stuff that I didn't want to miss. I can budget this way too. When you write everything down in a spreadsheet with estimated costs in a month to month format you quickly see the titles you can wait a bit for.

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    With Marvel releasing so many Byrne collections, I wish they would give his She-Hulk run a nice Omnibus soon!
    This.
    I want that and Spider-Woman('78) both in Omnibus format.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    comic buy list.jpg

This is my simple comics-to-buy list. I imagine mine is much simpler than most as I only buy Omnibus and Deluxe Editions. I do a quick search on Amazon for Marvel Omnibus, DC Omnibus, Image and Dark Horse Hardcover to add to my list. Then the yellow and red are color codes for books I definitely need and books I can live without. This also helps me group my purchase as I buy in bulk once a month to reduce shipping to outside US. Hope this helps