Page 1066 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 6656696610161056106210631064106510661067106810691070107611161166 ... LastLast
Results 15,976 to 15,990 of 20716

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

Yes, this will be the DM Variant. According to Previews World, the release date will be Jan 27, 2021.

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/AUG200730

Sweet, thanks for the info!

Looks like my overall hardcover/omnibus purchases are mostly nice and spread out. Almost one per month, which means they'll come in like clockwork as I finish the previous one. I'm looking forward to all of these:

Batman by Paul Dini omnibus -Sep 8, 2020
    Lucifer omnibus vol 2 - Oct 27, 2020
    New Mutants omnibus -Dec 22, 2020
    Promethea deluxe hardcover vol 3 -Dec 22, 2020
    Captain America by Ed Brubaker omnibus - Jan 27, 2021

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Yes, very tempting, but not enough to risk picking up a square tight binding with possible mistakes, never mind the lack of a faux leather cover and thinner paper.
    Isn't this the risk with every Marvel omnibus now?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Isn't this the risk with every Marvel omnibus now?
    Unfortunately so. But why risk it just for a new cool variant cover, if you have the first printing.

Amazing Member

Exactly, you will get dust jacket for $100

Amazing Member

Unfortunately so. But why risk it just for a new cool variant cover, if you have the first printing.
    It used to be that newer printings were better (improved paper, thinner etc), now we have to cross our fingers for each new release. I'm glad to see Marvel is aware of the problems (according to what we hear from Youtubers), but if they don't correct it asap the omnibus scene is going to end a long period of growth as many of the more hardcore collectors step aside over binding issues.

Incredible Member

It will be interesting to see whether they reprint UXF with more haste this time. I have to wonder if there is some "Disney Vault" prestige they are trying to attach to these books, otherwise why leave the money sitting on the table with a book that sells like hotcakes.

Got my UXM vol 1 Omni, and the binding is great.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    It will be interesting to see whether they reprint UXF with more haste this time. I have to wonder if there is some "Disney Vault" prestige they are trying to attach to these books, otherwise why leave the money sitting on the table with a book that sells like hotcakes.
    The book hasn't gone back up for order anywhere in the UK, and I had it on special order on Speedyhen and still no sign. To be honest, I've given up on this book, Marvel's left the money on the table through simple incompetence. I know things are uncertain and difficult, but there are so many ways to communicate with collectors, and they just don't bother.

Spectacular Member

Could always get the DM version and switch covers with his old one if the binding turns out better... then put the old cover on the new book and sell it for his money back or even a little bit more.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    Could always get the DM version and switch covers with his old one if the binding turns out better... then put the old cover on the new book and sell it for his money back or even a little bit more.
    A lot of trouble for just a cover lol. Though I admit I sold my savage conan omni vol 1 just so I could have the dm cover.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    One could do that but I suspect the book dimensions will have mininally changed due the thinner pages therefore making the new dust jacket slightly smaller.

One could do that but I suspect the book dimensions will have mininally changed due the thinner pages therefore making the new dust jacket slightly smaller.
    I was just going to say the same thing. Every reprint probably gets a tiny bit smaller...
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    I was just going to say the same thing. Every reprint probably gets a tiny bit smaller...
    Has anyone noticed the dust jacket for the reprinted Silver Surfer v1 Omni seems to be a bit larger than needed? It's like they used the same dimensions of the original dust jacket or something. I'm sure the paper in the reprint is thinner than the first print, and that is what is causing this issue on my copy.

Amazing Member

it's a shame they didn't do other things like in the older version

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xanar View Post
    it's a shame they didn't do other things like in the older version
    Big whoop about the mistakes. I've been waiting for this book for years. and if it has a couple errors, or has bad binding, I am not going to call for someone to be fired or some stupid **** like that. I was just curious if other books were like mine.

Some (newer) members here seem to think a shitty title with great binding is more desirable than a great title with a minor error in it or tight binding.