Page 1069 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 6956996910191059106510661067106810691070107110721073107911191169 ... LastLast
Results 16,021 to 16,035 of 20716
    Amazing Member

None of the new releases interest me. Sadly no Fantastic Four omni reprints so far.

That being said Inferno is one heavy hitter reprint no doubt about it. I didn't expect to see it get the omni treatment before Fall of the Mutants, but I guess that one will be for later.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    I'm not falling for the Daredevil trickery again, Marvel released 5 OHC's for Waid's run which I bought and then 2 omnibus. I'll wait for the Zdarsky Omnibus I think.
    Absolutely my thoughts as well. I don’t want to bother with getting the OHC and then having to sell it once they release the Omni. I have a huge backlog anyways so I can wait.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taiyaki View Post
    None of the new releases interest me. Sadly no Fantastic Four omni reprints so far.

That being said Inferno is one heavy hitter reprint no doubt about it. I didn't expect to see it get the omni treatment before Fall of the Mutants, but I guess that one will be for later.
    I was trying to map this and just can’t see them combining inferno prologue and inferno as that would be 1400 pgs plus the inferno prologue retailed for $125 itself so just can’t see that. My guess is they will combine inferno and inferno crossovers for this omni. I really can’t decide whether to sell or hold onto the OHC as the reading experience will obviously be better than a larger Omni. Still thinking about it. Only OHC I’m missing is phalanx covenant. I traded it for Tomb of Dracula Vol 2 and don’t regret it as that’s selling for crazy prices. I have no doubt phalanx covenant will be released as an omni collecting some additional material as well. I will wait for that rather than paying a stupid price on eBay. I really can’t justify $200-250 for a $75 OHC. We’ll see what happens.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I'll be picking up the following: Omnibuses
    Avengers - The Gathering
    Star Wars - Doctor Aphra

And possibly these two:
    The Defenders (classic)
    All-New Wolverine by Tom Taylor

None of the OHCs interest me. As others have mentioned, I'll be waiting for the eventual Omnibuses of Zdarsky's Daredevil run. I really hope we get a couple of Omnibuses of Soule's Daredevil run.

I already have all the reprints bar Inferno, which I used to have but sold to a fellow poster several years ago.

Interesting regarding the Cap reprints. Nobody asked for a reprint of the Golden Age Cap Omnibus. As I recall, it took ages to go OOP. This probably means we'll get a Vol. 2 as is the case with the Golden Age Marvel Comics Omnibuses which is what I was actually hoping for. With a reprint of the Kirby Cap Omnibus coming, we may finally get a Cap Vol. 3 Omnibus which would bridge the gap between Vol. 2 and the Kirby Omni.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

I'll be getting The Defenders, Kirby Cap, and Stern Spidey Omnis.

Will be getting the Inferno Omni for sure and also if budget allows the Stern Omni.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    From my experience, in general yes. Using the Daredevil Waid run, I went through the first three OHCs (I have Vol. 4 and 5 but didn't crack them open) and Omnibuses and the OHCs had only one extra variant cover in the back. The Marvel Knights Quesada Omnibus had everything from the Daredevil Vol. 1 OHC and Daredevil Father OHC and some.
    Thank you.

Oh man, that Inferno omni is awesome news. I have the Prologue omni already and tracked down both Inferno TPBs but I'll gladly shell out for a new omni. Those TPBs going on the sell pile.

I'll also going through my Stern Spidey omni to see if I want to replace it with a new one. I bought mine used and I remember it being a bit loose, first Spidey omni I bought actually. Great material!

Spectacular Member

I will buy for sure:

- Iron Man by Dan Slott
    - Empyre
    - Star Wars - Doctor Aphra
    - All-New Wolverine by Tom Taylor

New Marvel OHCS:

- Immortal Hulk Vol. 3
    - Marvel Snapshots
    - Fantastic Four by Dan Slott Vol. 1
    - Avengers by Jason Aaron Vol. 1
    - Daredevil by Chip Zdarsky Vol. 1

I usually prefer OHCs over Omnibi, so I hope Marvel doesn't betray me with any of these collections. Daredevil by Zdarsky is one of my current favorite series, and Avengers and Fantastic Four are entertaining enough. I almost had lost hope with Avengers, they've waited too long to start with the OHCs

I'm in for Kirby Cap, Stern Spidey, Defenders, and probably the Marvel Universe Deluxe. I'm not familiar with that era Avengers so I'll have to do some research before committing. It's nice to see the reprints coming. I'll add my vote for Fantastic Four reprints!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    The 7 announced Omnis:

- Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe (Deluxe Edition)
    - Avengers - The Gathering
    - Iron Man by Dan Slott
    - The Defenders (classic)
    - Empyre
    - Star Wars - Doctor Aphra
    - All-New Wolverine by Tom Taylor

New Marvel OHCS:

Immortal Hulk Vol. 3
    Marvel Snapshots
    Fantastic Four by Dan Slott Vol. 1
    Avengers by Jason Aaron Vol. 1
    Daredevil by Chip Zdarsky Vol. 1

New Marvel Omnibus Reprints:

Golden Age Captain America Vol. 1
    Captain America by Jack Kirby
    Untold Tales of Spider-Man
    Spider-Man by Roger Stern
    Inferno OHC (with Omnibus branding)
    Thank you Rimmer

Iron Man by Dan Slott intrests me. That will be a smaller Omni as his Tony Stark: Iron Man only went 19 issues, guess it could be padded w/crossover appearances?
    Defenders Classic...contents will vary from the MMW?
    Official Handbook Deluxe, this is an upgrade to last years release? Something different?
    Looks like only 2 must gets for me at this time.

Hoping the Golden Age Cap reprint means a vol. 2 might be forthcoming. Otherwise I'm good, need no reprints.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Is the Inferno just a reprint of the ohc rebranded as an omnibus, or is it expanded like the Mutant Massacre omnibus was over the initial ohc? Thanks!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Is the Inferno just a reprint of the ohc rebranded as an omnibus, or is it expanded like the Mutant Massacre omnibus was over the initial ohc? Thanks!
    Omar is announcing the contents tomorrow. It’s either going to be the same contents as the OHC at an increased price like $100 or a combination of the OHC and crossovers at $125. No way can the prologue be included because that alone retailed for $125 and the page count of the prologue and inferno OHC combined would be 1400 pgs.

Amazing Member

If I had to guess they might cut out some of the lesser parts of prologue and try to combine them into a 1200 or so page omni. I'd be okay with that personally, if the selection is done well.

I highly doubt they will cut into the Inferno Prologue, or any other OHC/Omnibus in any capacity.

If any material is added to this re-print, it would be similar to Mutant Massacre, where they added issues to bridge gaps.