Page 849 of 1383 FirstFirst ... 3497497998398458468478488498508518528538598999491349 ... LastLast
Results 12,721 to 12,735 of 20744
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I also saw Epic collections for:

Sgt. Fury and the Howling Commandos Vol 1 (issues 1-19)
    Iron Man Vol 14 (issues 233-244, Marvel Fanfare 22-23, 44, GN Crash)
    Black Panther Vol 2 (BP 1-15, Marvel Premiere 51-53, BP mini 1-4, story from Marvel Team Up 100)

Plus a Fantastic Four - Heroes Return vol 1
    Iron Fist - Deadly Hands of Kung Fu (B&W magazine) complete collection
    I wish they'd give us an Iron Fist Omnibus of his initial run or the Brubaker reprint instead of reprinting in TPB previously collected material.

Wolverine Epic Collection: Back to Basics for me. I would have prefered a Wolverine Omnibus Vol.2 but who knows maybe one day.

Extraordinary Member

I would have preferred an Omnibus collection for Heroes Return Fantastic Four, if only because all the others from that launch have gotten an Omnibus, but I'm glad they're at least collecting it. It's never been collected in any form as far as I know.

Now, the reason it's never been collected is it's the weakest of the five Heroes Return titles - Scott Lobdell and Alan Davis walked off after three issues and Chris Claremont's run was very, very late '90s Claremont (nice art by Larrocca, though, much better than when he started doing his own inks). But I still enjoy it because I'm such a sucker for that late '90s nostalgia-soaked Marvel style, and even Claremont's compulsive overuse of thought balloons seems kind of cute.

Excited to see Sgt Fury EPics! Maybe this means either (A) we'll get past issues of MMW vol 4 remastered in EPIC format, OR (B) they are gauging interest in this book to see if they continue with the MMWs.

Either way, I welcome this. Loved this series, such a great WWII book; now if DC can get Sgt Rock Omnibus out there someday, that'd be great, too.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

From the new bunch of omnis I plan on getting the Earth X books and Conan when I find them for cheap.
    We need better comics

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Wolverine Epic Collection: Back to Basics for me. I would have prefered a Wolverine Omnibus Vol.2 but who knows maybe one day.
    I actually think this is promising for Wolverine Omnibus vol.2!
    I wouldn't be shocked to see Excalibur vol.1, Wolverine Vol.2 and Death of Wolverine Omnibus in the next year or two, given the multiple Epic /Complete Collections we're seeing. Maybe Gambit by Nicieza and Skroce too if the movie ever comes out.

A lot of people will upgrade to Omnibus, but are not likely to buy TPBs if already own an OHC format. It makes sense to release as big TPBs initially, then follow with an Omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    I actually think this is promising for Wolverine Omnibus vol.2!
    I wouldn't be shocked to see Excalibur vol.1, Wolverine Vol.2 and Death of Wolverine Omnibus in the next year or two, given the multiple Epic /Complete Collections we're seeing. Maybe Gambit by Nicieza and Skroce too if the movie ever comes out.

A lot of people will upgrade to Omnibus, but are not likely to buy TPBs if already own an OHC format. It makes sense to release as big TPBs initially, then follow with an Omnibus.
    Let's hope you're right, it's been so long since the release of the first Wolverine Omnibus I almost lost hope lol. Although I'm not sure if Marvel will release a volume 3 or just do a Wolverine by Larry Hama Omnibus Vol.1.

I agree, I wouldn't be surprised to see 2 or 3 omnibi collecting the whole Death and Return of Wolverine saga or an Old Man Logan Omnibus in the next few years. Excalibur vol.1 and New Mutants Vol.1 are also some of my most wanted Omnibus
    Last edited by Hush; 07-24-2018 at 01:40 PM.

I thought they were recollecting all of Hickmans FF material?! Im jonesing here!

With its recent win for Best Limited Series at the Eisners, do you think a fancier edition of Black Panther: World of Wakanda will be released in the future, or nah?

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I thought they were recollecting all of Hickmans FF material?! Im jonesing here!
    They are. Complete Collection paperbacks. First volume due August 21. I wish they would have reprinted the omnis before doing these paperbacks. Now I'll cave in and buy them followed by omni reprints being announced in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    They are. Complete Collection paperbacks. First volume due August 21. I wish they would have reprinted the omnis before doing these paperbacks. Now I'll cave in and buy them followed by omni reprints being announced in a year.
    The first volume yes, but I was hoping they would announce more. I was just about to hunt down his entire run, so I wish to know what they will reprint so I can hold off on that.

CAPTAIN MARVEL: MS. MARVEL — A HERO IS BORN OMNIBUS Covers by AMANDA CONNER & JOHN ROMITA SR.:

Collecting MS. MARVEL (1977) #1-23, MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) #61-62 and #76-77, DEFENDERS (1972) #57, MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE (1974) #51, AVENGERS (1963) #200 and ANNUAL #10, and material from AVENGERS (1963) #197-199, MARVEL SUPER-HEROES (1990) #10-11 and MARVEL FANFARE (1982) #24.

VENOMNIBUS VOL. 2 Cover by KYLE HOTZ:

Collecting VENOM: SINNER TAKES ALL #1-5, VENOM: ALONG CAME A SPIDER #1-4, VENOM: THE HUNTED #1-3, VENOM: THE HUNGER #1-4, VENOM: TOOTH AND CLAW #1-3, VENOM: ON TRIAL #1-3, VENOM: LICENSE TO KILL #1-3, VENOM: SEED OF DARKNESS #-1, VENOM: SIGN OF THE BOSS #1-2, SPIDER-MAN: THE VENOM AGENDA, VENOM: THE FINALE #1-3, UNCANNY ORIGINS #7 and material from AMAZING SPIDER-MAN SUPER SPECIAL, SPIDER-MAN SUPER SPECIAL, VENOM SUPER SPECIAL, SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN SUPER SPECIAL, WEB OF SPIDER-MAN SUPER SPECIAL and SPIDER-MAN HOLIDAY SPECIAL 1995.

HULK: THE DOGS OF WAR OHC Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR.:

Collecting INCREDIBLE HULK (2000) #12-33 and ANNUAL 2000-2001, SENTRY/HULK #1, HULK (1999) #1/2, HULK SMASH #1-2 and STARTLING STORIES: BANNER #1-4.

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: LUKE CAGE, POWER MAN VOL. 3 HC Cover by DAVE COCKRUM:

Collecting POWER MAN #32-47 and ANNUAL #1.