Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Thoughts on the Michilinie/Mcfarlane Spidey omni?

The art is fine and I understand the Venom intro stuff (saw it on the 90s animated show too haha), so beyond the nostalgia and novelty of first appearances and the artwork, how is the actual writing? I'm sure it's of its time. But I can look past that if its written well (i.e PAD Hulk)
    I quite like it. Michilinie's Spider-Man is what I grew up with, and I enjoyed most of his stories and general tone for Spider-Man. It's not completely void of sillynes, but it's good. And McFarlane's Spider-Man artwork is always a joy to behold.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    I quite like it. Michilinie's Spider-Man is what I grew up with, and I enjoyed most of his stories and general tone for Spider-Man. It's not completely void of sillynes, but it's good. And McFarlane's Spider-Man artwork is always a joy to behold.
    Better or worse than Stern's run or JMS' first couple years?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Is Ultimates complete collection worth it? I heard it has inconsistent art and I hate that so much.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Is Ultimates complete collection worth it? I heard it has inconsistent art and I hate that so much.
    The Ewing run? It has different artists over its 22 issues but nothing that's way out of the ordinary or something. It flows together just fine. The story is excellent though; best usage of Civil War II and Cap Marvel in general, and it also explores the post Secret Wars (Hickman) landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    The Ewing run? It has different artists over its 22 issues but nothing that's way out of the ordinary or something. It flows together just fine. The story is excellent though; best usage of Civil War II and Cap Marvel in general, and it also explores the post Secret Wars (Hickman) landscape.
    It's an excellent story piece. Extremely recommend this if you even slightly are interested in Marvel cosmos.

I see Inferno by Hickman is being released March 8th in HC.

I already have all the over-sized Thor by Aaron HCs (I think there's 5 or 6 of them?), should I bother with the upcoming Thor Aaron Omni?

Also, I had no idea so many Epic collections were out of print and fetching so much in the second-hand market. Think I'll sell the ones that I already have in Omnibus format.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    I already have all the over-sized Thor by Aaron HCs (I think there's 5 or 6 of them?), should I bother with the upcoming Thor Aaron Omni?

Also, I had no idea so many Epic collections were out of print and fetching so much in the second-hand market. Think I'll sell the ones that I already have in Omnibus format.
    Those OHC are really nice, I have them as well.

I don't think I will be picking up the Omni because I don't want to wait to have the collection again.

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post

The OHCs are missing the Unworthy Thor mini which still has me heated. They should have included it. I think its included in the new omni.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Over on reddit someone got a reply from Marvel about the change of the spines on omnibus. If anyone wants to check it out: https://www.reddit.com/r/OmnibusColl...nges_on_omnis/

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Over on reddit someone got a reply from Marvel about the change of the spines on omnibus. If anyone wants to check it out: https://www.reddit.com/r/OmnibusColl...nges_on_omnis/
    Wow, i guess it shouldn't matter as it doesn't affect the material inside, but this absolutely ticks me off.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    The art can come across as inconsistent mainly because going from Rocafort to anyone else is definitely noticeable. I will say though the series is amazing and the art overall is good throughout.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    The OHCs are missing the Unworthy Thor mini which still has me heated. They should have included it. I think its included in the new omni.
    That is the ONE thing that always stuck in my craw, but I just ended buying the TPB

Astonishing Member

I am new to the collected editions game for the most part so I have a question. Is there any rhyme or reason to when Marvel decides to release older collected editions, not of stuff that came out in the last year? I got the first two and await the soon to be released third edition of Conan the Barbarian Epic collection. To me it seems like a less costly way to get the classic Marvel Conan stuff than going with the Omnibuses however I don't see any pending release date on the next one. When I got one I saw down the line solicits for two and when I got two I saw down the line solicits for three but nothing even in Amazon about four. Is it all random or is there a rhyme or reason to when to expect releases from Marvel (ie every two years you get a new FF and Uncanny X-Men MCC and two Omni).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I am new to the collected editions game for the most part so I have a question. Is there any rhyme or reason to when Marvel decides to release older collected editions, not of stuff that came out in the last year? I got the first two and await the soon to be released third edition of Conan the Barbarian Epic collection. To me it seems like a less costly way to get the classic Marvel Conan stuff than going with the Omnibuses however I don't see any pending release date on the next one. When I got one I saw down the line solicits for two and when I got two I saw down the line solicits for three but nothing even in Amazon about four. Is it all random or is there a rhyme or reason to when to expect releases from Marvel (ie every two years you get a new FF and Uncanny X-Men MCC and two Omni).
    Conan is a special case in that it is a licensed property. So Marvel is releasing the Conan collections at a faster pace than other titles since the reprint license is only good for a limited amount of time. Now, the license can always be renewed, but Marvel seems to be putting out as much as possible now.

The 4th and 5th Conan Epic collections have been announced for November 2021 and March 2022.

https://www.amazon.com/Conan-Barbari...6363374&sr=8-5

https://www.amazon.com/Conan-Barbari...6363434&sr=8-3

While there is not a specific schedule, you can expect about 2 Conan epics a year. If you want to know what books have been announced for the future, I would recommend the Near Mint Condition youtube channel. Omar has contacts in the Marvel Collections Department, and regularly announces books before anyone else. His video from June 24 announced Conan Epic vol 5.