Page 1003 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 350390395399399910001001100210031004100510061007101310531103 ... LastLast
Results 15,031 to 15,045 of 20762
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    It makes it hard to trust them, I agree. Pretty sure there was some solid speculation back in the day that they were holding copies back and waiting for them to go out of stock and prices to skyrocket.

Not sure about Daredevil, but I want to order a copy as well. Other folks were saying that it's not uncommon for a hot new book to go out of stock on IST and then be replenished soon after, due to IST having to wait on shipments. Probably the case.
    I bought mine ASAP... you have to watch out for stuff that is as desired and as timeless as Bendis Maleev Daredevil Omnibus... there are people who speculate with Omnibus and buy a bunch of them so they can flip them a couple years down the road for 3-4x what they paid at least.

I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that they have all been bought up.

Are Out of Stock Epics to be considered OOP? I was under the impression the Epic line was going to stay in print across the board?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Are Out of Stock Epics to be considered OOP? I was under the impression the Epic line was going to stay in print across the board?
    I looked at switching from Omni's to Epics due to the unavailability of many of the tentpole Omni's (Uncanny X-Men, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, etc...) but quickly ran into the same issue. The Epics seem to go out of print and through the roof on price (secondary market) just as much as Omni's. If they were evergreen and I could build the complete runs I wanted quickly, I'd have made the switch. Just waiting out the eventual reprints years down the line.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

The Epics were supposed to be “evergreen,” but as we see that isn’t always the case. Also, the consistency in paper/build quality is all over the map from nice, thick uncoated stock to tissue paper.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

There are too many Epics for them to be evergreen. It's unrealistic to expect so many volumes to stay in stock at all times. Even when there were only six lines, that's 25~ volumes each for 150~ books to keep in stock. However, they do go back to print from time to time.

That's why the Epics are presented primarily as standalone volumes and released out of sequence.
    Miller was right.

Epics are becoming just like Masterworks, where you are missing let's say 7 books, 6 are priced normally via online sites/ebay, and then one is outrageous. Avengers - The Final Threat; Hulk - Pantheon; Daredevil - Heart of Darkness, etc... it sucks, if you want to start a new line, while the bulk of the books will be in the $25-30 range, there's always that one book. And while I could sorta justify a $100 hardcover wrapped in shrinkwrap, it's hard (for me, at least) to justify a $100 trade paperback.

I know they are going back to print on some epics here and there, but it feels kinda scattershot right now, and like the X-men vol 1, if it came back to print, it feels like they only printed like 30 copies because no one has it in stock.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Epics are becoming just like Masterworks, where you are missing let's say 7 books, 6 are priced normally via online sites/ebay, and then one is outrageous. Avengers - The Final Threat; Hulk - Pantheon; Daredevil - Heart of Darkness, etc... it sucks, if you want to start a new line, while the bulk of the books will be in the $25-30 range, there's always that one book. And while I could sorta justify a $100 hardcover wrapped in shrinkwrap, it's hard (for me, at least) to justify a $100 trade paperback.

I know they are going back to print on some epics here and there, but it feels kinda scattershot right now, and like the X-men vol 1, if it came back to print, it feels like they only printed like 30 copies because no one has it in stock.
    Good example of this in my experience are the Moon Knight epics. I think the second one is going for 75-100 on ebay. I was lucky enough to buy a lot for all three for $85.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

The recent reprints have only gone to DM sellers such as IST.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Anyone know if Marvel is going to make a War of the Realms omni?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Anyone know if Marvel is going to make a War of the Realms omni?
    the old adage of "your guess is as good as ours" would apply here. my personal take is they would start at the beginning of Aaron's run first (the God of Thunder series - essentially take both OCHs and mash them into one omnibus), then roll through the rest. Again, with the next Thor movie being Jane centric, this seems like a no brainer.

My guess would be they'd want the "God of Thunder" stuff completed so they could put out the first "Jane as Thor" omnibus when the movie comes out. Which means, if I'm right, the 'God of Thunder' omni will come sooner vs. later. And then they would push out the rest of the Aaron run afterwards. So IF they decide to omnibus his entire run, then at some point they'll get to War of the Realms. Whether it's the main Thor series and the purely essential tie-ins, or whether it's more of an 'event' omnibus with ALL the tie-ins, that remains to be seen.

The only hole in my ideas above would be if they're in such a rush to get Jane/Thor out in omni form for the movie, that they skip the entire God of thunder series in omnibus entirely. Which would be a huge shame. And it does get called upon/referenced to later on, so I would think it would be included. But again, you just never know.

As an aside, I really liked the War of the Realms, as an event, and a lot of the tie-ins were really good. My fave tie-in was the one with all the Giant-Man guys in it.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that they have all been bought up.
    IST said they'd be back in stock in the next weeks. So they were not all bought up.

Mighty Member

the old adage of "your guess is as good as ours" would apply here. my personal take is they would start at the beginning of Aaron's run first (the God of Thunder series - essentially take both OCHs and mash them into one omnibus), then roll through the rest. Again, with the next Thor movie being Jane centric, this seems like a no brainer.

My guess would be they'd want the "God of Thunder" stuff completed so they could put out the first "Jane as Thor" omnibus when the movie comes out. Which means, if I'm right, the 'God of Thunder' omni will come sooner vs. later. And then they would push out the rest of the Aaron run afterwards. So IF they decide to omnibus his entire run, then at some point they'll get to War of the Realms. Whether it's the main Thor series and the purely essential tie-ins, or whether it's more of an 'event' omnibus with ALL the tie-ins, that remains to be seen.

The only hole in my ideas above would be if they're in such a rush to get Jane/Thor out in omni form for the movie, that they skip the entire God of thunder series in omnibus entirely. Which would be a huge shame. And it does get called upon/referenced to later on, so I would think it would be included. But again, you just never know.

As an aside, I really liked the War of the Realms, as an event, and a lot of the tie-ins were really good. My fave tie-in was the one with all the Giant-Man guys in it.
    At a guess, I'd think that your mapping will happen, but probably later than sooner. The second Thor by Aaron Complete Collection comes out next week (the first of three(?) that'll focus on Jane with at least one after it) - while it's not unheard of, Marvel very rarely does Complete and Omnibus collections of the same run simultaneously (and yes, I think a movie *could* be a case where they'd do both).

I could see a War of Realms omni containing all the x-overs coming out for the movie, though, regardless of other Thor omnis. Marvel is pretty smart about content that comes out near a movie and that's a straightforward series that would be new for people since the last Thor movie.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

I'm still holding my breath for a reprint of The Mighty Thor Omnibus Vol. 1! I have 2-3.

So I'm wanting to buy some Daredevil Epic books and now Heart of Darkness is out-of-print and unavailable everywhere...guess I'll keep my money cause I'm not starting a collection run with gaping holes in it.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    So I'm wanting to buy some Daredevil Epic books and now Heart of Darkness is out-of-print and unavailable everywhere...guess I'll keep my money cause I'm not starting a collection run with gaping holes in it.
    My policy is to get what's available and wait for a reprint or find it at a "normal" price. I did this with the Brubaker and Bendis Daredevil Omnibuses, amongst others, when I started collecting Daredevil in collected format several years ago when these Omnibuses were OOP. I managed to buy both Vol. 2's new at around 80% RRP. A couple of years later I picked up Brubaker Vol. 1 for around 60% RRP from the amazon.co.uk marketplace in perfect nick (a couple of years before the reprints materialised). Bendis Vol. 1 I only recently picked up as the second printing. In the meantime, I did pick up an OHC, Ultimate and smaller TPB which I need to offload. My point is, however, that if you decide to not pick up the available Daredevil Epics, one or two of them may go OOP when Heart of Darkness gets a reprint or you see it at a reasonable price. It all depends on how bad you want to collect Daredevil.
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 01-21-2020 at 04:36 AM.