Page 470 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 370420460466467468469470471472473474480520570970 ... LastLast
Results 7,036 to 7,050 of 20730

Quote Originally Posted by producte View Post
    This is SO cool:

Avengers Epic Collection: Operation Galactic Storm by Bob Harras (Text by), Roy Thomas (Text by), Dann Thomas (Text by), Mark Gruenwald (Text by), Steve Epting (Illustrated by), Dave Ross (Illustrated by), Greg Capullo (Illustrated by), Rurik Tyler (Illustrated by)
    COLLECTING: VOLUME 22: AVENGERS (1963) 345-347, AVENGERS WEST COAST 80-82, QUASAR 32-36, WONDER MAN (1991) 7-9, IRON MAN (1968) 278-279, THOR (1966) 445-446, MATERIAL FROM CAPTAIN AMERICA (1968) 398-400

It brings so good memories.
    This is under the Avengers Epic banner but it is nice to see they bring in a ton of other books to keep the crossover complete. I don't think any other epic (except perhaps the vol 1's for characters without their own series like Moon Knight 1) has as many external series included.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    This is under the Avengers Epic banner but it is nice to see they bring in a ton of other books to keep the crossover complete. I don't think any other epic (except perhaps the vol 1's for characters without their own series like Moon Knight 1) has as many external series included.
    Well, this might be the mold for other volumes. I'm thinking the X-Men: Inferno, X-Cutioner's Song, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    I remember Marvel's Jeph York saying over on the MMW board once upon a time since Galactic Storm was an Avengers-centric story, the full crossover would be included in the Avengers Epic TP line only. Individual titles (Cap, Iron Man, etc) would contain their respective issues from the crossover with recap pages in that title's related Epic TP. Now we have seen that's exactly the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Btw, I haven't yet seen the Netflix Luke Cage series. Without giving away any spoilers, anyone willing to briefly share their opinion?
    Good. Heavy tone.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Btw, I haven't yet seen the Netflix Luke Cage series. Without giving away any spoilers, anyone willing to briefly share their opinion?
    Good pace, Excelent soundtrack choices! Favourite Marvel/Nextflix series so far!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    Good pace, Excelent soundtrack choices! Favourite Marvel/Nextflix series so far!
    Excellent first half, slightly lesser second act. Overall very good.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    I remember Marvel's Jeph York saying over on the MMW board once upon a time since Galactic Storm was an Avengers-centric story, the full crossover would be included in the Avengers Epic TP line only. Individual titles (Cap, Iron Man, etc) would contain their respective issues from the crossover with recap pages in that title's related Epic TP. Now we have seen that's exactly the case.
    I'm happy with this, the storyline has a soft spot with me as it was during the post-Burton Batman comic bubble, and had a Spider-Man/Avengers crossover which appealed to my 12 year old self.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Maybe a Ghost Rider vol1 Bronze Age Omni for Fall '17? Assuming GR stays on AoS or gets a spinoff? Would love to upgrade my Essentials.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Just about beats JJ as the worst Netflix so far, I hope IF is a return to season 1 DD standard

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Just about beats JJ as the worst Netflix so far, I hope IF is a return to season 1 DD standard
    They are all league ahead of network TV. It will be riveting regardless.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Thanks for the replies re: the Luke Cage Netflix series. Hmmm, from best to worst, interesting.

My favourite was probably the first season of DD, although not everything in it was to my liking. I wasn't too impressed with JJ but it wasn't too bad, it was 3 or so episodes too long.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Netflix Shows: Rank 'em
    DD S1 - A
    DD S2 - A-
    Luke Cage - B
    Jessica Jones - C+
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Netflix Shows: Rank 'em
    DD S1 - A
    DD S2 - B
    Luke Cage - B-
    Jessica Jones - B-

All-New Member

Wow! Great news for you omnibus collectors on Hickman's Avengers. I would be ecstatic about this news, but I already purchased the run in OHC format and found it much more enjoyable to hold and read than an omnibus. Also, it'll cost me more than 2x less to collect them all. Besides that, I am quite bothered to learn that the War of Kings isn't in reading order. Luckily, I've already read this series, but I was looking forward to refreshing my memory. The only time I had to use a reading order was when reading X-men vs Avengers and it's companion. That was not an enjoyable experience and I really don't think I want to go through that again. What makes it even worse was I was hyping this to a friend that doesn't read comics and looks like I won't be lending this to him either.

On the bright side, really looking forward to check out this Journey into Mystery book you guys are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeCee View Post
    Wow! Great news for you omnibus collectors on Hickman's Avengers. I would be ecstatic about this news, but I already purchased the run in OHC format and found it much more enjoyable to hold and read than an omnibus. Also, it'll cost me more than 2x less to collect them all. Besides that, I am quite bothered to learn that the War of Kings isn't in reading order. Luckily, I've already read this series, but I was looking forward to refreshing my memory. The only time I had to use a reading order was when reading X-men vs Avengers and it's companion. That was not an enjoyable experience and I really don't think I want to go through that again. What makes it even worse was I was hyping this to a friend that doesn't read comics and looks like I won't be lending this to him either.

On the bright side, really looking forward to check out this Journey into Mystery book you guys are talking about.
    I actually found Hickman Avengers OHC 1-3 available for $10 each last week, but passed hoping for the eventual Omni, if they are not in chronological order I will be crushed.