Page 626 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1265265766166226236246256266276286296306366767261126 ... LastLast
Results 9,376 to 9,390 of 20773

I have no horse in this race since I don't like the artist or the stories so I won't get this book but I always thought Marvel managed to avoid this problem in the past before and it was mostly an issue with DC collections.

As for personal preference flow is everything for me. I skip anything unnecessary in a heartbeat and I actually kinda lukewarm now on the epic collections because they collect loads of extra stuff I would never read like ashcan issues or inconsequential annuals and crossover appearances more than omnibuses tend to do.

Mighty Member

Essentially people wanted an ASM by Michelinie & Larsen (as evidenced by our annual vote) and they gave us that, and more, and people complain. Go figure. This collection is a far cry from those regular HC Batman collections, for example.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I don't want to be the party pooper but someone on the FB group posted his disappointment that this SM omni has the DC artist specific collection sickness, as in it only collects issues by titular artist. So it only has part 4 of 4, part 2 of 5 and I think part 3 of 5 of some stories because these were the only ones LArsen worked on.
    I saw that and my opinion is he didn't understand what he was buying therefore his ignorance isn't cause for alarm.

I saw a few replies that refuted him and several who must not understand what a creator specific Omni means either cause he soured them.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Is the Michelinie ASM being released today?
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    Is the Michelinie ASM being released today?
    It was released last week. You have a couple hours remaining to snag Deal-of-the-Week pricing terms at IST before this week's releases go up, if interested.

Which cover are we going with for this week's release of Spider-Man's Tangled Web Omnibus? I usually always go DM but I'm really digging the regular cover this time.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frogtown View Post
    Which cover are we going with for this week's release of Spider-Man's Tangled Web Omnibus? I usually always go DM but I'm really digging the regular cover this time.
    I had the same thought when looking again last night. The DM is usually a cover but the regular cover is indeed a cover. I found it in an image search. If both are covers(and I could see that being true as the style was on several others) I prefer the regular cover to the silhouette DM.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frogtown View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I had the same thought when looking again last night. The DM is usually a cover but the regular cover is indeed a cover. I found it in an image search. If both are covers(and I could see that being true as the style was on several others) I prefer the regular cover to the silhouette DM.
    The regular cover is the cover to SMTW #3, whereas the DM cover is the cover to SMTW #8. I think both covers are very good. I quite like Lee Week's work, in particular his cover artwork, so I'll probably opt for the DM cover. It would be cool if they both featured on the hardcover under the dust jacket.

I'm very interested in but currently not getting the Tangled Web omni for now, it's just too far down on my wish list. If anybody has read this material, or anybody does once they get the omni, please report back on how good, bad, or pointless the material is. There's some pretty stellar names on the list of creators and I'd love to hear if it's worth it. Other note, I love Lee Weeks art, but I'd go for the standard cover here.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    I'm very interested in but currently not getting the Tangled Web omni for now, it's just too far down on my wish list. If anybody has read this material, or anybody does once they get the omni, please report back on how good, bad, or pointless the material is. There's some pretty stellar names on the list of creators and I'd love to hear if it's worth it. Other note, I love Lee Weeks art, but I'd go for the standard cover here.
    What little I read, I thought was very good (the Rhino story) art and story wise. I still, however, can't get around the fact that it's retailed at $100 and not $75.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I don't want to be the party pooper but someone on the FB group posted his disappointment that this SM omni has the DC artist specific collection sickness, as in it only collects issues by titular artist. So it only has part 4 of 4, part 2 of 5 and I think part 3 of 5 of some stories because these were the only ones LArsen worked on.
    It's one guy having a moan because the first three issues are just issues by Larson, and can basically be viewed as bonus issues.

Two of them are already in the Michelini/McFarlane book, so if you have that it doesnt matter, and the first one can be seen as a random bonus issue as the first time Larson drew Spidey.

After those first three issues, you get a solid run, followed by some gap filling stuff for the post McFarlane Spider-Man book. It then includes a couple of issues from the late 90s that are perfectly readable without the prior issues.

I hope people aren't too put off by one guy misrepresenting the issue and making it sound much worse than it actually is if you stop raging and actually look at the contents in concert with the other books from this period 'set'
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    What little I read, I thought was very good (the Rhino story) art and story wise. I still, however, can't get around the fact that it's retailed at $100 and not $75.
    I believe the Rhino story won an Eisner. I really enjoyed this series - at least what I read. I agree that it's a $75 book, but I went ahead and ordered it (50 percent off CGN).

Interesting, for some reason IST is running on the front page 50% of all their Deadly Hands of Kung Fu Omnis: 1-3.

Incredible Member

Also interesting: just put in my order for Tangled Web at IST and it was 55% off (57% with the added 2%). Super nice surprise!!
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Spectacular Member

IST is selling the Spider-Man Tangled Web Omni at 55% off for both covers atm.. just snatched it with ASM3