All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by random82 View Post
    So far I have managed to get most of what I'd ordered, even through placing late orders with other sites at higher prices. I'm not hopeful for Excalibur and New Mutants and my order of Absolute Swamp Thing has gone completely. I've complained to Amazon numerous times but they honestly don't give a rats ass. Why would they, its not like they need the custom? I think they outsource all of their complaints to India so out of sight out of mind I'd imagine. Their customer services is completely inept unless its something simple like a return and they just stopped replying to my emails after a while. That's one way of dealing with it I guess lol.

Thank you for the recommendation of Hive. I had never heard of them but will have a look.
    It looks like the UK bookshop distributor is now listing New Mutants as landing on 26th Jan. Fingers crossed.

Astonishing Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu-A1fXbFQg

Another omnibus from Marvel announced for August 2021

Kull The Destroyer: The Original Marvel Years

The previously announced Kull The Savage collects the non code approved stories published in the Marvel Magazines. This new omnibus collects the code approved Marvel comics.

Contents include: Kull the Conqueror (1971) #1-10, Kull the Destroyer (1973) #11-29, material from Creatures on the Loose (1973) #10, Monsters on the Prowl (1971) #16, Kull and the Barbarians (1975) #1-3, Savage Sword of Conan (1974) #9, Conan the Barbarian (1970) #10 and Annual #3.

This announcement is not surprising given how quickly Marvel has been collecting the Robert E Howard material. I think the only Howard based titles not collected are Red Sonja and King Conan/Conan the King. Red Sonja rights are separate and not owned by Marvel. I expect a King Conan omnibus to come out in late 2021 or 2022.

It does look like there is enough Marvel material for a second volume. There are also stories published by Dark Horse that Marvel can now collect.

Incredible Member

Has anyone read Marvel's Asia themed books: Aero, Swordmaster, etc.? Decent?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof Travers View Post
    It looks like the UK bookshop distributor is now listing New Mutants as landing on 26th Jan. Fingers crossed.
    New Mutants 1 now in stock at https://www.speedyhen.com/Product/Ch...Vol-1/25692021 for @random82

Ł55.13 with discount code STAYHOME.

Amazing Member

Was X of Swords delayed? Disappeared from IST.

I've definitely gotten bitten by the FOMO bug for Epic Collections for a few of my favorites! Oof. I refuse to pay obscenely high aftermarket prices for some of them, though—just gonna have to hope for reprints.

I spent the past hour after dinner putting together a spreadsheet of the ones being reprinted and coming out this year that I'll have to snag when they drop!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thecoffeeman View Post
    I've definitely gotten bitten by the FOMO bug for Epic Collections for a few of my favorites! Oof. I refuse to pay obscenely high aftermarket prices for some of them, though—just gonna have to hope for reprints.

I spent the past hour after dinner putting together a spreadsheet of the ones being reprinted and coming out this year that I'll have to snag when they drop!
    There's some new ones and reprints listed in todays solicits, better get on those pre-orders!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Excited to see Iron Man by Mike Grell coming up! This is an often forgotten run that was really good, despite being relatively short.

However I kinda wish they'd just put out a third omnibus to catch the rest of the 1998 series; that last batch of issues was all over the place and probably won't get a collection of its own any time soon...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    There's some new ones and reprints listed in todays solicits, better get on those pre-orders!
    Gonna grab those two Avengers volumes! Always happy to see a reprint.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

ALIENS: THE ORIGINAL YEARS OMNIBUS VOL. 2
    Written by IAN EDGINTON, CHRIS WARNER, KELLEY PUCKETT, PAUL GUINAN, DAN JOLLEY, JIM WOODRING, DAVE GIBBONS, CHET WILLIAMSON, JOHN ARCUDI, SARAH BYAM, JOHN BYRNE, PETER MILLIGAN, MICHAEL COOK & MORE
    Penciled by WILL SIMPSON, PAUL GUINAN, TONY ATKINS, ALLEN NUNIS, JOHN NADEAU, KILIAN PLUNKETT, MIKE MIGNOLA, TIM HAMILTON, DOUG MAHNKE, DAVID ROACH, MARK A. NELSON, PAUL MENDOZA, JOHN BYRNE, PAUL JOHNSON & CHRISTIAN GORNY
    Covers by MAHMUD ASRAR & PAUL MENDOZA
    Explore new worlds of terror! A rogue scientist’s genetic experiments create a horrific new alien king! A ragtag unit of Colonial Marines battles a xenomorph infestation on a space station — and the survivors face a pack of bizarre hybrids! An investigator must solve a murder on a deep-space alien-research station! But what dread music will a deranged composer make with an alien’s screams? And can a synthetic xenomorph rebel against its sadistic creator? Plus: Flash back to an alien attack in the 1950s! And witness the fate of England as aliens overrun the Earth! Collecting ALIENS: ROGUE #1-4, ALIENS: COLONIAL MARINES #1-10, ALIENS: LABYRINTH #1-4, ALIENS: SALVATION, ALIENS: MUSIC OF THE SPEARS #1-4 and ALIENS: STRONGHOLD #1-4 — plus material from DARK HORSE COMICS #3-5, #11-13 and #15-19; PREVIEWS (1993) #1-12; PREVIEWS (1994) #1; and ALIENS MAGAZINE (1992) #9-20.
    1000 PGS./Parental Advisory Â…$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92890-2
    Trim size: 7-1/4 x 10-7/8

CLOAK AND DAGGER OMNIBUS VOL. 2
    Written by BILL MANTLO, PETER B. GILLIS, TERRY AUSTIN, STEVE GERBER & TERRY KAVANAGH
    Penciled by LARRY STROMAN, BRET BLEVINS, LARRY ALEXANDER, TERRY SHOEMAKER, DAN LAWLIS, WHILCE PORTACIO, JUNE BRIGMAN, ERIK LARSEN, MIKE VOSBURG, RICK LEONARDI, DAVE ROSS & CHRIS IVY
    Covers by RICK LEONARDI & LARRY STROMAN
    As Cloak discovers the hideous secret of his hunger for light, Nightmare seeks to use him to destroy Doctor Strange! Elsewhere, the horrific Mr. Jip unleashes his minions, Day and Night! Cloak and Dagger face the Punisher and Mayhem. But when Tandy is corrupted, can X-Factor help save her soul? Then, Dagger deals with the loss of her sight and the apparent death of her crimefighting partner — while the villainous Ecstasy wears Cloak’s cloak! But rumors of Ty’s death have been greatly exaggerated! Plus: Doctor Doom! Acts of Vengeance! Inferno! And Spider-Man and Ghost Rider join Cloak and Dagger for a final fight against Mephisto! Collecting MARVEL GRAPHIC NOVEL: CLOAK AND DAGGER — PREDATOR AND PREY, STRANGE TALES (1987) #7, MUTANT MISADVENTURES OF CLOAK AND DAGGER #1-13, CLOAK AND DAGGER (1990) #14-19, and material from STRANGE TALES (1987) #3-6 and #8-19.
    800 PGS./Rated T+ …$100.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93067-7

Incredible Member

I see the second Cap by Brubaker omni solicited. Any plans for Cap Lives or Trial of Cap omnis? I don't want to buy these first two Bru reprints without the latter two.

MARVEL: AUGUST 1961 OMNIBUS
    Written by STAN LEE
    Penciled by JACK KIRBY, STEVE DITKO, DON HECK, STAN GOLDBERG, AL HARTLEY, PAUL REINMAN,
    JACK KELLER, DICK AYERS, BOB FORGIONE, VINCE COLLETTA & MORE
    Covers by JAVIER RODRIGUEZ & JACK KIRBY
    In August 1961, FANTASTIC FOUR #1 hit newsstands, heralding a new take on super hero stories and the birth of the Silver Age Marvel Universe! But Marvel Comics had been around for years before that, publishing Western, romance, comedy, monster and science fiction titles — and in August 1961, FANTASTIC FOUR was just one of over a dozen very different Marvel books! Now, sixty years later, experience the excitement of being a comic book fan in that momentous month with a complete collection of every issue that shared the shelves with FF #1, many never before reprinted! Collecting JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY (1952) #73-74; KATHY #13; LIFE WITH MILLIE #13; PATSY WALKER #97; AMAZING ADVENTURES (1961) #6; FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #1; KID COLT, OUTLAW #101; LINDA CARTER, STUDENT NURSE #2; MILLIE THE MODEL #105; STRANGE TALES (1951) #90; TALES OF SUSPENSE (1959) #23; TALES TO ASTONISH (1959) #25; GUNSMOKE WESTERN #67; LOVE ROMANCES #96; TEEN-AGE ROMANCE #84; AMAZING ADULT FANTASY #7; PATSY AND HEDY #79; and RAWHIDE KID (1960) #25.
    520 PGS./All Ages …$150.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93048-6

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    I see the second Cap by Brubaker omni solicited. Any plans for Cap Lives or Trial of Cap omnis? I don't want to buy these first two Bru reprints without the latter two.
    I haven't seen anything solicited yet.

But isn't that always the omni collectors dilemma? You might wait on buying these first two available reprints, but by the time they get around to reprinting the next two the first two might be OOP again!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009