Man I would kill for an oversized Marvel by Marcos Martin book. And Bachalo.

Been a long time since marvel released a book like that. I love my Quitely and Cooke DC books.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Does anyone know when the reprint of Fantastic Four Omnibus Volume 1 will come out? CGN has it listed for November 30 (today,) but I don't see it available...anywhere. I'm hoping someone here can tell me when the release date has been moved to.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Does anyone know when the reprint of Fantastic Four Omnibus Volume 1 will come out? CGN has it listed for November 30 (today,) but I don't see it available...anywhere. I'm hoping someone here can tell me when the release date has been moved to.
    I turned up this entry on Penguin's site that now shows it due on Jan 4, 2022. Hope this helps!

https://prhcomics.com/book/?isbn=9781302934897

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Near Mint View Post
    I turned up this entry on Penguin's site that now shows it due on Jan 4, 2022. Hope this helps!

https://prhcomics.com/book/?isbn=9781302934897
    Ugh, they're throwing all the X-men omni's I need in one month...

Is this accurate?

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Thank you Near Mint! I couldn't find anything about it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Ugh, they're throwing all the X-men omni's I need in one month...

Is this accurate?
    I'm finding it to be pretty up-to-date and accurate thus far, since Marvel switched its collected editions distribution from Diamond to Penguin. They should be an authoritative source. Just wish the site search was less clunky.

Debating if I should get the Hellfire Gala Red Carpet edition...

The X-Men are rolling out the red carpet for the biggest Krakoan event of the season - and this high-class hardcover details every drink, dance, dalliance and deception at the Hellfire Gala! Collecting X-Men (2019) 21, Marauders (2019) 21, Excalibur (2019) 21, X-Force (2019) 20, New Mutants (2019) 19, X-Factor (2020) 10, Hellions (2020) 12, S.W.O.R.D. (2020) 6, Way of X (2021) 3, X-Corp (2021) 2, Wolverine (2020) 13, Planet-Size X-Men (2021) 1, Hellfire Gala Guide (2021); "Equality," "Over Served," "The Best Offense," "Popularity Contest," "New X-Man" comic strips; material from Classic X-Men (1986) 7, Marvel's Voices: Pride (2021) 1.
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 12-06-2021 at 10:56 AM.

The Hellfire event is also collected in the Reign of X books, right?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    The Hellfire event is also collected in the Reign of X books, right?
    It looks like the Red Carpet Gala edition is covered in Reign of X 12, 13 and one part in 14
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Anyone interested in this NEW edition of classic comics? It sounds gorgeous, but pricey.

‘The Marvel Comics Library’, an exclusive, long-term collaboration between TASCHEN and Marvel, was announced today. Over the next decade, Marvel’s rarest classic comics, including Spider-Man, Avengers and Captain America will be reproduced in their original glory, in extra-large format. The library offers collectors a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to lay their hands on the world’s most desirable comics.

The inaugural volume of ‘The Marvel Comics Library’, Spider-Man. Vol. 1. 1962–1964, features the first 21 stories of everybody’s favorite web-slinger, meticulously honoring the original vision of Spider-Man creators Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. An in-depth historical essay by Marvel editor Ralph Macchio, an introduction by uber-collector David Mandel, original art boards, rare photographs, and other never-before-seen gems make this book the ultimate tribute to the teen who redefined what it meant to be a hero, right ahead of Spider-Man’s 60th birthday.

TASCHEN’s extra-large format, close in size to the original artworks, reveal startling new details in the work of Marvel’s most acclaimed artists. For each title in the series, the most pristine pedigreed comics have been cracked open for reproduction in close collaboration with Marvel and the Certified Guaranty Company. Rather than recolor the original production artwork (as has been done in previous decades’ reprints of classic comics), TASCHEN has attempted to create an ideal representation of these books as they were produced at the time of publication. Beginning with high grade, top-quality comics sourced with the assistance of the CGC, super-high-resolution photographs of each page were made as printed more than half a century ago, using modern retouching techniques to correct problems with the era’s inexpensive, imperfect printing. This included improved and balanced ink densities and color matching, proper registration of the four-color printing and correction of thick/thin lines resulting from the flexible plates “smudging.” The end result is a finished product — as if hot off a world-class printing press produced without economic or time-pressure constraints – tailored for readers, fans, artists and collectors alike.

Each volume features an essay by a comic book historian alongside hundreds of photos and artifacts. The books use three different paper stocks, including an uncoated and woodfree paper exclusively developed for this series that simulates the feel of the original comics.

The first 5,000 copies of Spider-Man. Vol. 1 will be numbered and released as a ‘Famous First Edition’. The book is also available as a Collector’s Edition, limited to 1,000 copies featuring an aluminum print cover tipped into a leatherette-bound spine, foil embossing, and housed in a slipcase. Each book is individually numbered. The inaugural purchase of the Collector’s Edition entitles the collector to preemptively secure the same identical edition number for all forthcoming Collector’s Edition titles in ‘The Marvel Comic Library’.

The next titles in ‘The Marvel Comics Library’ series will be Avengers. Vol. 1. 1963–1965, Fantastic Four. Vol. 1. 1961–1963 and Captain America, all scheduled for release in 2022 and 2023.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/cult...piderman-vol-1

Taschen prices it at $200 for the book, $600 for the book and aluminum slipcase.

https://www.taschen.com/pages/en/search/spider-man
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    It looks like the Red Carpet Gala edition is covered in Reign of X 12, 13 and one part in 14
    Thanks! I'll just stick to those, then (even though I did love the House of X/Powers of X OHC).

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Anyone interested in this NEW edition of classic comics? It sounds gorgeous, but pricey.

Taschen prices it at $200 for the book, $600 for the book and aluminum slipcase.

What does "the first 21 stories" even mean?
    First 21 issues? They carefully leave out that specific info. Does it include Amazing Fantasy? Going by the cover, it might not.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I have the Omni's, I'd need to see a strong valid reason that these are superior.
    Based on info to me now this is a pass.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

I also just got the Omnis but it sounds like a cover to cover reprint of the series. That is tempting but I may skip on this one. Maybe The Hulk or Fantastic Four books I would pick up.