Page 883 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 383783833873879880881882883884885886887893933983 ... LastLast
Results 13,231 to 13,245 of 20730
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by smc123 View Post
    Hey guys and girls, I haven't been on the board in forever and wanted to get some input. I've been caring for a sick family member and things took a turn for the worse and will have to be moving out of the home I live in within the next few months and probably move into an apartment. The problem is I now have financial problems and around half of my Omni/OHC collection will not be making the trip with me due to both room and the actual problem of moving the heavy books. I was thinking about putting them up on ebay but I know back in the day people posted on this thread and listed what they had and worked out selling them to other members on the board through private messages. Is that still and ok thing to do? It would be about a dozen Omni's and around 20 OHC's that are pretty much all OOP and I wouldn't be looking to rip anyone off (they definitely would be priced well below Amazon marketplace prices). Just looking for any input otherwise I'll just throw them up on ebay but I would rather sell them to any of you guys who would want them and not pay through the nose.
    There's also comicswap on Reddit and a couple Facebook groups thst are relatively popular where you can easily sell directly via PayPal or whatever without the Ebay fees

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Not just release week, release day. As i recall the v3 DM variant sold out within hours on IST, as some of those classic covers tend to do
    That's a good point. I'm going to have to be on my toes.

Quote Originally Posted by smc123 View Post
    Hey guys and girls, I haven't been on the board in forever and wanted to get some input. I've been caring for a sick family member and things took a turn for the worse and will have to be moving out of the home I live in within the next few months and probably move into an apartment. The problem is I now have financial problems and around half of my Omni/OHC collection will not be making the trip with me due to both room and the actual problem of moving the heavy books. I was thinking about putting them up on ebay but I know back in the day people posted on this thread and listed what they had and worked out selling them to other members on the board through private messages. Is that still and ok thing to do? It would be about a dozen Omni's and around 20 OHC's that are pretty much all OOP and I wouldn't be looking to rip anyone off (they definitely would be priced well below Amazon marketplace prices). Just looking for any input otherwise I'll just throw them up on ebay but I would rather sell them to any of you guys who would want them and not pay through the nose.
    I hope things work out for you and your family member.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    While I always try to get the classic cover with classic books, I still haven't seen the standard cover for this. Is there an image of it yet?
    I haven't seen an image yet. It may be delayed similar to the Conan Omnibus Vol. 1 Cassaday regular cover which appeared in a later solicitation.

A few questions for everyone:

I'm thinking about dipping my toes into the Clone Saga and Ben Reilly saga - worth it? yes, no, give me reasons? I realize it's convoluted and way too drawn out, but is it any good?

1) Are the two Clone Saga omnibuses - is that it, or is there a 3rd expected? (I really am unfamiliar with this era of Spidey).
    2) The Ben Reilly omnibus that's coming out in early JAN, that directly follows Clone Saga omnibus 2, is that right?
    3) How many Ben Reilly omnibuses would we expect? 2?

thanks again!
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post

I'm thinking about dipping my toes into the Clone Saga and Ben Reilly saga - worth it? yes, no, give me reasons? I realize it's convoluted and way too drawn out, but is it any good?

1) Are the two Clone Saga omnibuses - is that it, or is there a 3rd expected? (I really am unfamiliar with this era of Spidey).
    2) The Ben Reilly omnibus that's coming out in early JAN, that directly follows Clone Saga omnibus 2, is that right?

thanks again!
    There will only be two clone saga omnis, the story directly continues into the "Ben Reilly saga", which will also be 2 omnis. There are great stories in each omni, however there is also a lot of filler and garbage as well. For me that means they are not worth purchasing.

thanks again!
    1) Just two.
    2) Yup.
    3) Almost certainly two.

thanks again!
    I have these on the "Complete Epic" TPBs that were released some time ago.
    The stories have their high points, but as iPodwithnomusic said, the filler material is too much. Also, in my opinion the art is a big selling point for oversized books, and in this case most of it is pretty bad, at least to my taste (with few exceptions, like Sienkewicz inking Buscema, or some JRJR). I'd skip the 4 omnis unless you find them for super-cheap prices.

1. Two Clone Saga omnis indeed. Haven't had the chance to check the binding at my LCS, but they are big, big books
    2. That is correct. Just like the first "Complete Ben Reilly Epic" immediately followed the last "Complete Clone Saga Epic"
    3. There's a previously uncollected gap after what I assume to be the contents of the second Ben Reilly omni, but it's not related to the Ben Reilly story. So I'm thinking two omnis total.
    Last edited by JJ87; 10-20-2018 at 02:08 PM.

Incredible Member

I just got Mcfarlanes Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus and The Tomb of Dracula . I had read someone had issues with the ASM omnibus with pages stuck together at back. Mine does not have this issue. The TOD omnibus does though. I will have to split the pages with a sharp knife. It affects the last part of the last issue and the extras.
    Last edited by RamblingMan; 10-19-2018 at 12:44 PM.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

thanks again!
    The first Clone Saga Omnibus has a bunch of really great issues sprinkled about the book, but as the story mucks on it becomes really tedious slog. I haven’t picked up Vol II yet but I will at some point but only for completionest’s sake.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

What's the likelihood of JMS's Thor Omnibus being reprinted?

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    What's the likelihood of JMS's Thor Omnibus being reprinted?
    I can only see this happening alongside a new Thor movie (or a possible Thor reboot) or to celebrate Straczynski's 70th birthday.

Am I right in thinking that none of Soule's Daredevil has been collected in hardcover yet?
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Incredible Member

Question:

Just what exactly is X-Men Grand Design? Is it a comedy or satire of the X-Men concept?
    Worth buying?

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Am I right in thinking that none of Soule's Daredevil has been collected in hardcover yet?
    That's correct, only TPBs. Soule's last issue will be #612.

I'm waiting for an inevitable Omnibus or two.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Question:

Just what exactly is X-Men Grand Design? Is it a comedy or satire of the X-Men concept?
    Worth buying?
    Think of it like a graphic version of cliff notes. It takes all the X-Men cannon and streamlines and compresses it to make it comprehensible and digestible especially for people who haven't been following for 20+ years. I have not read it myself but the reviews I have seen have pretty much been glowing. If it makes it to a comprehensive collected edition I will pick it up.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    That's correct, only TPBs. Soule's last issue will be #612.

I'm waiting for an inevitable Omnibus or two.
    It does make you wonder if Marvel are skipping the OHCs and will go straight to omnibus to collect his run. That's fine by me though.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"