Page 1206 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 20670611061156119612021203120412051206
Results 18,076 to 18,082 of 18082
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I see plenty of 90s Ghost Rider in the $1 bin at comic shows.
    Cheaper isn't always easiest though so your call. Time could be a factor...like "right now" is the time I have to read this.

I'm buying Sleepwalker when I find them in $1 bins and one day I'll read it through. May have to splurge on issue #1 though. Heck, watch Marvel beat me to it with an Omni at the rate they are hitting 90s fare.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Looking at Diamond I'm wondering if the solicit for only one of the four CapAm omnis is accurate?
    I know they had been pushed around if only getting 1 is correct I'm fine with that. Helps the pacing and wallet.

As of now it looks like Captain America (Silver Age) vol.3 is the one coming out.

Anyone got info to the contrary?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Oh my god, then I have to read a lot of Ghost Rider. Never was a fan of Jonny Blaze, so I have to think about that. I think a trade for 50 is cheaper then collecting the singles.
    My apologies, I think I misunderstood that part of your OP.

I was thinking in terms of Danny Ketch trades Vol. 1-2, but then remembered there was no vol. 3. You were talking about all Ghost Rider volumes. In that case the answer is no, I'd say. My first GH was the Danny series, and I understood it just fine. Still haven't read anything that predates it, tbh.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I see plenty of 90s Ghost Rider in the $1 bin at comic shows.
    Cheaper isn't always easiest though so your call. Time could be a factor...like "right now" is the time I have to read this.

I'm buying Sleepwalker when I find them in $1 bins and one day I'll read it through. May have to splurge on issue #1 though. Heck, watch Marvel beat me to it with an Omni at the rate they are hitting 90s fare.
    IŽll do that with Alpha Flight. I read them in chronological order, and when I reach the point were I miss an issue IŽll go hunt for it, then I read it until I get to the next missing piece and so on.

Once I bought all Vampirella comics I could find and after years of collecting I started reading. I wasn't impressed, I nay imagination Vampirella was a better read, but it wasn't, so I collected for years and sold them after a few days, lol.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    My apologies, I think I misunderstood that part of your OP.

I was thinking in terms of Danny Ketch trades Vol. 1-2, but then remembered there was no vol. 3. You were talking about all Ghost Rider volumes. In that case the answer is no, I'd say. My first GH was the Danny series, and I understood it just fine. Still haven't read anything that predates it, tbh.

phew, and I almost bought every Jonny Blaze Ghost Rider because you suggested it.

I read the first 15 issues of Danny Ketch when they came out, and stopped because I had to at the time. I think I will ignore vol. 1-2 and look out for Danny Ketch GR vol. 1. I could get it for 50 Dollar.
    Searching for the individual issues at eBay.de is way more expensive.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I received an update regarding the petition to get Marvel to revert back to the original SA Omnibus spines:

PETITION UPDATE
    Collectors Assemble (for our spines)
    Jonathan WAJNBERG
    Paris, France
    JUL 24, 2021 —

Hello guys,

We reached a peak with our petition. And to be honest it went way more far than I could imagine first.

The petition counts more than 175 signatures.

I didn't post the link since days, mostly in order to not spam or annoy anyone on the FB groups, but I guess this number of unsatisfaying people is enough to make Marvel see they are doing a big mistake with those new spines.

Few days ago, I sent an e-mail to Omar from Near Mint Condition and it was nice from him to answer me and tell that he was going to forward the petition to David Gabriel. You can watch his latest Q&A show on which he confirms that.

So... now the decision is up to the editor.

We still don't know if it will be taken into account but we've done our best for this issue.

We have done what we had to do, and I really really really wanted to thank you all for your efforts. Again, I even didn't hope more than few signatures when I launched the petition.
    Thanks a lot, guys. You are the greatests, whatever Marvel will decide for the silver age omnibus.

T H A N K Y O U

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I received an update regarding the petition to get Marvel to revert back to the original SA Omnibus spines:
    Thanks for letting us know, Raffi.