Page 1090 of 1091 FirstFirst ... 9059099010401080108610871088108910901091 LastLast
Results 16,336 to 16,350 of 16353
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    Ok so you get one shipment? Have they always packed it well? Ever any damaged books like heavily dinged corners?

I am going to order this month: aliens omnibus, spider man stern omnibus, all new wolverine omnibus, Conan 6 epic collection, Superman by Grant Morrison Omnibus , Superman the man of steel hc 2, green lantern 4 by johns tp.

That is like 50 pounds worth of books about I think...

With a shipment that big do you think it would all be good in one ? Do they use packing peanuts or like to foam pads that IST sometimes uses?

Also if I order these books tomorrow when as close as possible to the best of your knowledge can I expect my card to be billed?
    I've never had a damaged item come from DCBS; they're the same company as IST so they use the same packing materials.

No idea when they'd bill you, seeing as the release dates can vary so much for collections (delays, cancellations, etc.)
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    Thanks, something to think about I guess.

The Gauntlet collections end with Grim Hunt and #637. #638-641 is One Moment in Time, #642-646 is Origin of the Species, and #647 is an epilogue issue before Slott starts his Big Time run in #648.

They could release those 10 issues with some other stories from that period. There's actually enough of them for two big trades, so there's quite a few options.
    Oh I would have thought they would have at least included a One Moment in Time since it is canonically the beginning of Brand New Day

Amazing Member

My guess on the first two The X-Men books is that they will get reprinted "someday", probably not for years though as they chose to reprint all the Uncanny and skipped those two for this reprint run.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taiyaki View Post
    My guess on the first two The X-Men books is that they will get reprinted "someday", probably not for years though as they chose to reprint all the Uncanny and skipped those two for this reprint run.
    The thing is is that we donít know that they skipped them because of the Covid disruption. Maybe they were planning to get to them soon, they could be coming in the next few solicitation announcements...

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    The thing is is that we don’t know that they skipped them because of the Covid disruption. Maybe they were planning to get to them soon, they could be coming in the next few solicitation announcements...
    Might be strategy on Marvel's part to wait on reprinting the SA omnibuses that aren't highly acclaimed / didn't sell too well. The Omnibus market is alot larger now, so if they can get people more invested/purchasing more in a particular line via reprints of the acclaimed/popular stuff first, then that creates a larger potential buyer base for the SA reprints (most people tend to be completists at heart).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Oh I would have thought they would have at least included a One Moment in Time since it is canonically the beginning of Brand New Day
    Like I said, they can still do it. Look at the history of the whole project, which is a hundred issues plus buttload of extras of a polarizing era of Spider-Man already collected in full before. The sales weren't that good from the beginning, but they managed to reach volume 4 with Brand New Day title. What was supposed to be volume 5 eventually came out as a stand alone book (which I think might have also have been considered the Venom movie tie-in, although now I'm not sure, because the title is not as explicit as Spider-Man 2099 collection from the same period). And with that they reached The Gauntlet so they could do a new number one and get a sales boost (which they did). And with that in turn they're so close to the end I'm positive something will come out eventually. Maybe not right away, because with what is going on they had to delay many books and their schedule is full enough through April.

I definitely have more faith in them than I would have in the other publisher.

Spectacular Member

So I take it the Uncanny X-Men Omni 3 has been delayed? According to my ToW pre-order it says december (originally it was todays date).
    Not really a big deal though, but this is my first time doing business with them and I would have liked to see what they charge for shipping considering there are other books I would like to pre-order fairly soon as well.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    So I take it the Uncanny X-Men Omni 3 has been delayed? According to my ToW pre-order it says december (originally it was todays date).
    Not really a big deal though, but this is my first time doing business with them and I would have liked to see what they charge for shipping considering there are other books I would like to pre-order fairly soon as well.
    yeah, there have been some delays and push backs. This is what i got from the instocktrades site.

0/21/2020 MAR207189 Plastic Man Rubber Banded Dlx Ed HC DC Comics
    10/21/2020 MAR200608 Absolute Swamp Thing by Alan Moore HC Vol 02 DC Comics
    10/21/2020 MAR200636 DC Poster Portfolio Dceased TP DC Comics
    10/21/2020 MAR200672 DC Graphic Novels for Kids Box Set DC Comics
    10/21/2020 MAR201082 Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus HC Perez Cvr New Ptg Marvel
    10/21/2020 MAR201083 Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus HC Starlin DM Var New Ptg Marvel
    10/21/2020 FEB201041 Marvel Art of Savage Sword of Conan HC Marvel
    10/21/2020 JAN201042 Daredevil Man Without Fear Marvel Select HC Marvel
    10/28/2020 FEB201044 She-Hulk by Dan Slott Omnibus HC Marvel
    10/28/2020 APR201078 Incredible Hulk by Peter David Omnibus HC Vol 02 Keown Hulk Marvel
    10/28/2020 APR201079 Incredible Hulk by Peter David Omnibus HC Vol 02 Keown Anniv Marvel
    10/28/2020 MAR201078 MMW Defenders HC Vol 07 Marvel
    10/28/2020 MAR201079 MMW Defenders HC Vol 07 DM Var Ed 295 Marvel
    10/28/2020 MAR201106 Marvel Art of Mondo TP Poster Book Marvel
    11/4/2020 JUN200542 JLA BY GRANT MORRISON OMNIBUS HC DC Comics
    11/4/2020 FEB201038 Black Panther HC Vol 03 Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda Part One Marvel
    11/4/2020 MAR201077 Marvel Art of Adam Kubert HC Marvel
    11/4/2020 MAR201084 Venomnibus HC Vol 03 Kieth Cvr Marvel
    11/4/2020 MAR201085 Venomnibus HC Vol 03 Deodato Jr DM Var Marvel
    11/11/2020 JUN207134 Teen Titans Raven & Beast Boy HC Box Set DC Comics
    11/11/2020 MAR201080 Uncanny X-Men Omnibus HC Vol 02 Immonen Cvr New Ptg Marvel
    11/11/2020 MAR201081 Uncanny X-Men Omnibus HC Vol 02 Byrne DM Var New Ptg Marvel
    11/11/2020 MAR201088 Thanos Infinity Saga Omnibus HC Starlin Cvr Marvel
    11/11/2020 MAR201089 Thanos Infinity Saga Omnibus HC DM Keown Var Marvel
    11/18/2020 APR201068 Excalibur Omnibus HC Vol 01 Davis First Issue Cvr Marvel
    11/18/2020 APR201069 Excalibur Omnibus HC Vol 01 Davis Marvel Age DM Var Marvel
    11/18/2020 APR201070 Conan Barbarian by Kurt Busiek Omnibus HC Marvel
    11/18/2020 APR201071 Conan Barbarian by Kurt Busiek Omnibus HC Linsner DM Var Marvel
    11/18/2020 APR201074 MMW Marvel Two-in-One HC Vol 05 Marvel
    11/18/2020 APR201075 MMW Marvel Two-in-One HC Vol 05 DM Var Ed 296 Marvel
    11/18/2020 JUN207113 Blackest Night Brightest Day Box Set DC Comics

I usually don't do pre orders, but saw the Thunderbolts omni on DCBS so had to order it. Been waiting so long for this that I refuse to take chances with getting it.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    I've had issues with ToW too. I'd never ordered from them from before; usually used IST. Once comics started shipping regularly again around June/July and new books started disappearing way too fast from IST, I decided to use ToW to just pre-order everything I wanted through the end of the year, just to have peace of mind. A large order, mind you. So far, they've told me three books are out of stock (even though they were pre-ordered). I opted to get a refund and buy them from Amazon instead (for zero discount, sigh). However, it's been a couple weeks and the refunds haven't been issued, and my other emails with questions haven't been answered. I'm willing to chalk this up to COVID related logistical issues. But has anyone else had similar issues?

For the order from which the 3 books had gone out-of-stock, they charged my card a month ago for the full amount though.

I'm afraid which other pre-ordered books will go out of stock at ToW. I'm mainly concerned with the UXM omni v1-3 and Busiek Conan.
    Last edited by newparisian; 10-14-2020 at 02:28 PM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    Like I said, they can still do it. Look at the history of the whole project, which is a hundred issues plus buttload of extras of a polarizing era of Spider-Man already collected in full before. The sales weren't that good from the beginning, but they managed to reach volume 4 with Brand New Day title. What was supposed to be volume 5 eventually came out as a stand alone book (which I think might have also have been considered the Venom movie tie-in, although now I'm not sure, because the title is not as explicit as Spider-Man 2099 collection from the same period). And with that they reached The Gauntlet so they could do a new number one and get a sales boost (which they did). And with that in turn they're so close to the end I'm positive something will come out eventually. Maybe not right away, because with what is going on they had to delay many books and their schedule is full enough through April.

I definitely have more faith in them than I would have in the other publisher.
    I never really looked at it in that way.

I never really paid attention to the hoopla around Brand New Day because it was a bit before my time and when I did start reading Spidey it was Ultimate Spidey.

True Marvel does tend to follow through on their collected editions unlike DC which will drop it out of nowhere (I'm looking at you Nightwing *cries softly*)

Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I usually don't do pre orders, but saw the Thunderbolts omni on DCBS so had to order it. Been waiting so long for this that I refuse to take chances with getting it.
    Likewise I don't either or get large hardcovers/Omni from Amazon but I'm doing something I very, very, very rarely do and get an Omni from Amazon.
    SheHulkAmazon.jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Just added the Defenders omni to my order. I'm just a sucker for this older material. Now just gotta free up some money for the JLA Omnibus.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Just added the Defenders omni to my order. I'm just a sucker for this older material. Now just gotta free up some money for the JLA Omnibus.
    I wish I could buy everything I want. It is really hard to stick to a $300 monthly DCBS budget. I get bored and start researching the other books and then I want them too.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    I've had issues with ToW too. I'd never ordered from them from before; usually used IST. Once comics started shipping regularly again around June/July and new books started disappearing way too fast from IST, I decided to use ToW to just pre-order everything I wanted through the end of the year, just to have peace of mind. A large order, mind you. So far, they've told me three books are out of stock (even though they were pre-ordered). I opted to get a refund and buy them from Amazon instead (for zero discount, sigh). However, it's been a couple weeks and the refunds haven't been issued, and my other emails with questions haven't been answered. I'm willing to chalk this up to COVID related logistical issues. But has anyone else had similar issues?

For the order from which the 3 books had gone out-of-stock, they charged my card a month ago for the full amount though.

I'm afraid which other pre-ordered books will go out of stock at ToW. I'm mainly concerned with the UXM omni v1-3 and Busiek Conan.
    Anyone else having / had similar issues with TOW/IST/DCBS now or before covid? Do they have a phone number to call? Just been radio silence for weeks from them