Page 918 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 4188188689089149159169179189199209219229289681018 ... LastLast
Results 13,756 to 13,770 of 20763
    Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

More titles on hachette, mostly thin TPBs:
    Captain America By Ta-Nehisi Coates Vol. 3
    Deadpool By Skottie Young Vol. 3
    Fantastic Four By Dan Slott Vol. 3
    Iron Man: Extremis Marvel Select Edition
    League of Legends: Lux Special Edition
    Marvel Team-Up Vol. 1
    Savage Sword Of Conan: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus Vol. 2
    Star Wars Vol. 12
    The Punisher Vol. 3

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'll wait for the Immortal Hulk Omni, waiting for the Silver Surfer one proved the correct move (avoiding the double dip).
    Marvel Horror Omnibus!!! I need the solicit details of the contents! At face value sounds like something I'd get if it's Satana, Living Mummy, Morbius, The Zombie Simon Garth etc, etc type fare.
    SS never been released in ohcs though. Also we are still waiting on an Aaron Thor omnibus and Marvel just put out a chunky trade of it if I'm not mistaken. I don't think there is a right move, only risk (to me an ohc is just as good as an omnibus and if it turns out to be a multiple volume omnibus series then getting the ohcs decreases the waiting time between volumes).
    That said I was waiting on SS too but only because no way I'm getting a flimsy Marvel trade printed on salad leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Haven't read it, but I've heard really good things about Immortal Hulk.
    Now the question is; do I get this OHC, or wait for the inevitable Omnibus?
    Pfft, get them all, it's that good. I have the floppies, I'm buying the thin trades, I will get the OHC.

Mighty Member

From the Marvel solicits

SPIDER-MAN BY JOHN BYRNE OMNIBUS HC
    Written by BILL MANTLO, CHRIS CLAREMONT, RALPH MACCHIO, MARV WOLFMAN, ROGER STERN, JOHN BYRNE & HOWARD MACKIE
    Penciled by JOHN BYRNE
    Cover by JOHN BYRNE
    Every Spider-Man story illustrated by the legendary John Byrne, collected in one huge hardcover! Spidey is put through his paces as he teams with the Hulk, the Wasp, Ms. Marvel, Iron Fist, Captain Britain, Man-Thing, Thor, Luke Cage and more — and battles Man-Wolf, Doctor Octopus and the Ringer! Revisit chapter one of Spidey’s history as the web-slinger faces his most fearsome foes for the first time! And a legend is reborn as Peter Parker returns to the Spider-Man costume, kicking off an amazing run featuring daring drama, fresh faces and classic foes! Collecting MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) #53-55, #59-70 and #75; AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #189-190, #206 and ANNUAL #13; PETER PARKER, THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) #58; SPIDER-MAN: CHAPTER ONE #0-12; AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1999) #1 (A & C STORIES), #2-11, #12 (A STORY) and #13-18; and MARVEL AUTHENTIX: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1.
    1264 PGS./Rated T …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-91952-8
    Trim size: oversized

TIMELY’S GREATEST: THE GOLDEN AGE SUB-MARINER
    BY BILL EVERETT - THE PRE-WAR YEARS OMNIBUS HC
    Written by BILL EVERETT with CARL BURGOS & JOHN COMPTON
    Penciled by BILL EVERETT with CARL BURGOS
    Cover by Marvel proudly presents TIMELY’S GREATEST, a series of once-in-a-lifetime volumes presenting the greatest stories of the Golden Age, when Marvel was known as Timely Comics! Our debut volume celebrates the incomparable adventures of comics’ first antihero, Prince Namor, the Sub-Mariner! Bill Everett’s Sub-Mariner cut a bold path, defending his undersea kingdom, invading New York City, fighting the Axis powers and battling both against and alongside the Human Torch! Like his signature character, Everett was an iconoclast ahead of his time. His lush, detailed artwork and engrossing ongoing storylines were unlike anything else of the era! For the first time ever, experience every adventure of Prince Namor from his 1939 debut through Bill Everett’s February 1942 induction into the armed services. Collecting material from MARVEL COMICS #1, MARVEL MYSTERY COMICS #2-31, HUMAN TORCH COMICS #2-6, SUB-MARINER COMICS #1-4, ALL-WINNERS COMICS (1941) #1-4, DARING MYSTERY COMICS #7-8 and COMEDY COMICS (1942) #9.
    864 PGS./Rated T …$150.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-91935-1
    TIMELY’S GREATEST: THE GOLDEN AGE SUB-MARINER BY BILL EVERETT - THE PRE-WAR YEARS OMNIBUS HC (MARVEL 80TH, DM ONLY)
    864 PGS./Rated T ...$150.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-91957-3

MARVEL HORROR OMNIBUS HC
    Written by STEVE GERBER, DOUG MOENCH, TONY ISABELLA, LEN WEIN, DAVID ANTHONY KRAFT, JOHN DAVID WARNER, STEVEN GRANT, MIKE FRIEDRICH, BILL MANTLO, SCOTT EDELMAN, DAVID MICHELINIE & MORE
    Penciled by JOHN BUSCEMA, PABLO MARCOS, ALFREDO ALCALA, YONG MONTANO, RON WILSON, GENE COLAN, TONY DEZUNIGA, DON PERLIN, VAL MAYERIK, JACK KIRBY, DICK AYERS, BILLY GRAHAM, SONNY TRINIDAD, BILL SIENKIEWICZ, JOHN BYRNE & MORE
    Cover by Larry Lieber
    Marvel’s creepiest characters put the “super” into supernatural in this titanic tome of terror! A veritable who’s who of horror, this volume collects the complete 1970s adventures of the Zombie, Brother Voodoo, the Living Mummy, It! the Living Colossus, the Golem, Gabriel the Devil Hunter, the Scarecrow and Modred the Mystic — including hair-raising encounters with Werewolf by Night, Doctor Strange, the Hulk, the Thing, the Avengers and more! Read it if you dare! Collecting STRANGE TALES (1951) #169-174 and #176-177; SUPERNATURAL THRILLERS #5 and #7-15; ASTONISHING TALES (1970) #21-24; DEAD OF NIGHT #11; MARVEL SPOTLIGHT (1971) #26; MARVEL CHILLERS #1-2; MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) #24; WEREWOLF BY NIGHT (1972) #39-41; MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE (1974) #11, #18, #33, #41 and #95; DOCTOR STRANGE (1974) #48; INCREDIBLE HULK (1968) #244; FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #222-223; AVENGERS (1963) #185-187; and material from ZOMBIE (1973) #1-10; HAUNT OF HORROR (1974) #2-5; MONSTERS UNLEASHED (1973) #11; BIZARRE ADVENTURES #33; MENACE #5; MOON KNIGHT (1980) #21; TALES OF SUSPENSE (1959) #14 and #20; and STRANGE TALES (1951) #74 and #89.
    1328 PGS./Rated Mature …$150.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-91953-5

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

50 dollar cover prices for Infinity Wars OHC at 592 pages seems decent compared to past event hardcovers like original sin. Only book i plan on getting from the solicits

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    From the Marvel solicits

SPIDER-MAN BY JOHN BYRNE OMNIBUS HC
    If they keep going to the Byrne well, how about doing his 2 runs on She-Hulk in an Omnibus?
    That was a fun book!

I have zero interest in the John Byrne Spider-Man Omnibus.
    I would go for a John Byrne Marvel Team Up Epic collection.

While I'll likely pick up the Byrne Spidey (as I have FF, DC, etc...) I'd rather have ASM and PPSS complete runs readily available. Impatience, I know.
    Last edited by Seeker; 02-21-2019 at 08:09 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    While I'll likely pick up the Byrne Spidey (as I have FF, DC, etc...) I'd rather have readily available ASM and PPSS complete runs readily available. Impatience, I know.
    I feel the same; I love Byrne and Spidey so I'll probably check this out, but I greatly prefer omnis of continuous runs, not piece-meal collections.

Same with that horror omni, though I'd think that lends itself better to random issues. But I was somewhat disappointed with Tomb of Dracula, so I may skip this one.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    If they keep going to the Byrne well, how about doing his 2 runs on She-Hulk in an Omnibus?
    That was a fun book!
    I would definitely buy this!

And I think both of the trades are now OOP... perfect opportunity for Marvel to milk us again!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    While I'll likely pick up the Byrne Spidey (as I have FF, DC, etc...) I'd rather have readily available ASM and PPSS complete runs readily available. Impatience, I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    I feel the same; I love Byrne and Spidey so I'll probably check this out, but I greatly prefer omnis of continuous runs, not piece-meal collections.
    Yes, I'm of the same inclination. I will be picking this up as it does have two "lengthy-ish" mini-continuous runs: SPIDER-MAN: CHAPTER ONE #0-12 and AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1999) #1 (A & C STORIES), #2-11, #12 (A STORY) and #13-18.

MARVEL HORROR OMNIBUS Cover by Larry Lieber:

TIMELY’S GREATEST: THE GOLDEN AGE SUB-MARINER BY BILL EVERETT - THE PRE-WAR YEARS OMNIBUS Covers:

SPIDER-MAN BY JOHN BYRNE OMNIBUS Cover by JOHN BYRNE:

INFINITY WARS BY GERRY DUGGAN: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION OHC
    Written by GERRY DUGGAN
    Penciled by MIKE DEODATO JR., MIKE ALLRED, AARON KUDER, MIKE HAWTHORNE, ANDY MACDONALD, MARK BAGLEY & CORY SMITH
    Cover by MIKE DEODATO JR.
    ON SALE SEPTEMBER 2019
    The full saga of Requiem and the Infinity Wars! The Infinity Stones are back. Individually, they grant their wielders great power. Together, they bestow the power of a god! As each stone’s location is discovered, forces converge for a battle that will send the universe down a dark path — to the end! Featuring the Chitauri, the Raptors, the Nova Corps, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Adam Warlock and more surprising Stone wielders! But who, or what, is Requiem? When she warps the Marvel Universe in half, what surprising heroes will assemble to stand against her? And when death comes at last, who will fall? Collecting INFINITY COUNTDOWN PRIME, INFINITY COUNTDOWN: ADAM WARLOCK, INFINITY COUNTDOWN #1-5, INFINITY WARS PRIME, INFINITY WARS #1-6, INFINITY WARS: FALLEN GUARDIAN and INFINITY and material from FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2018 (AMAZING SPIDER-MAN/GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY) #1 and THANOS LEGACY #1.
    592 PGS./Rated T+ …$50.00

This is not "complete" in that it's missing various issues such as INFINITY COUNTDOWN: DAREDEVIL, INFINITY COUNTDOWN: BLACK WIDOW, INFINITY COUNTDOWN: DARKHAWK 1-4, amongst others. I think I'll wait for an eventual Omnibus.