Page 819 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3197197698098158168178188198208218228238298699191319 ... LastLast
Results 12,271 to 12,285 of 20773
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    If it helps, I have read Dark Phoenix Saga at least four times over. I love it.
    Fairs. I don't mind some of the earlier stories. I have read dark phoenix. I love it. One of my favourites. I'm trying to 'ease' away from moderns as I feel I should appreciat ethe classics. I loved siMONSons THor.
    Welll it would seem that UXM Omnibuses Vol 1-2 should find their way onto your shelf

I can't comment on Vol. 3 because I haven't read that material.

Fairs. I don't mind some of the earlier stories. I have read dark phoenix. I love it. One of my favourites. I'm trying to 'ease' away from moderns as I feel I should appreciat ethe classics. I loved siMONSons THor.
    Why not appreciate both modern and classic?
    But if you want more older material I would highly recommend Squadron Supreme (the older edition with only the Gruenwald run in it), the O'neill Iron man epics, Michelinie Iron man omnibus and the Stern Spidey omnibus and Cap epics!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Welll it would seem that UXM Omnibuses Vol 1-2 should find their way onto your shelf

I can't comment on Vol. 3 because I haven't read that material.
    Oops I forgot there are three.

Mighty Member

Yeah as far as definitive stuff, DPS and DoFP are the stories you're looking for. As balakin mentioned, DPS is split across v1 and 2, but there is an omnibus coming later in the year collecting the relevant material all together, and there's an ohc of DoFP available.

I also second New X-men. It's a great (mostly) self contained run with as definitive an ending as you could reasonably expect from comics

Extraordinary Member

I'm so grateful for this community.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I also second New X-men. It's a great (mostly) self contained run with as definitive an ending as you could reasonably expect from comics
    For more modern stories, New X-Men was very enjoyable for me. Morrison's writing is hit and miss with me, but I consider New X-Men one of his better arcs.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Why not appreciate both modern and classic?
    But if you want more older material I would highly recommend Squadron Supreme (the older edition with only the Gruenwald run in it), the O'neill Iron man epics, Michelinie Iron man omnibus and the Stern Spidey omnibus and Cap epics!
    Thanks bud! I am aiming to balance both!

Extraordinary Member

I plunged and ordered all three!

If you love Dark Phoenix Saga, I can't imagine you won't love all three of the omnis. The first is good, but the second and third is where Claremont really gets his footing with these characters and it takes off. Enjoy!

Spectacular Member

Very surprised about Bendis, you' dthink he would have read it.
    A few issues in and you can tell he did not do any deep research on past materials beforehand.

Vol 3 also includes the excellent God Loves, Man Kills story. If you want a Dark Knight-esque X-Men stuff, that is IT.

Must haves imo.

You wont regret the pickups.

Extraordinary Member

Well the only other omnibus I'll be getting is Hickmans second Avengers and maybe a few image sales on comixology, so I see it as a summer of reading!

Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post
    Must haves imo.

You wont regret the pickups.
    Those volumes are always in the conversation when it comes to the best creative runs of all time. Tough to go wrong.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:45 PM.

Spectacular Member

Default August Ominibus Solicitations

MARVEL UNIVERSE BY FRANK MILLER OMNIBUS HC
    Written by FRANK MILLER, CHRIS CLAREMONT, DENNIS O’NEIL, BILL MANTLO, ROGER STERN, PETER B. GILLIS, DICK RILEY, MIKE W. BARR, LYNNE GRAEME, JO DUFFY & MARK GRUENWALD
    Penciled by FRANK MILLER with HERB TRIMPE
    Cover by FRANK MILLER
    Frank Miller took the comics industry by storm, redefining iconic characters, obliterating creative boundaries and inspiring a generation of readers and creators. While most know Miller as the man who remade Daredevil and created Elektra, he contributed his talents to many Marvel titles — and this incomparable Omnibus brings those stories together in one complete collection! From Miller’s first Marvel work to his extensive array of covers and rare pinups, this painstakingly restored collection is the Millerphile’s be-all and end-all. Featuring Miller’s iconoclastic takes on Spider-Man, Captain America, Wolverine, the Thing, Doc Samson, Captain Marvel, Karma, Power Man and Iron Fist and more! Collecting PETER PARKER, THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) #27-28; MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE (1974) #51; MARVEL SPOTLIGHT (1979) #8; AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #14-15; MARVEL TEAM-UP ANNUAL #4; WOLVERINE (1982) #1-4; MARVEL FANFARE (1982) #18 — and material from MARVEL PREVIEW #23; MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) #100; POWER MAN AND IRON FIST (1978) #76; INCREDIBLE HULK ANNUAL #11; and OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE (1983) #2-6, #8 and #10.
    448 PGS./Rated T …$75.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-91277-2
    Trim size: oversized

MARVEL UNIVERSE BY JOHN BYRNE OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC
    Written by JOHN BYRNE, CHRIS CLAREMONT, TONY ISABELLA, MARV WOLFMAN, BILL MANTLO, ROGER STERN, RALPH MACCHIO, MARK GRUENWALD, LOUISE SIMONSON & MORE
    Penciled by JOHN BYRNE, GEORGE TUSKA & STEVE DITKO
    Cover by JOHN BYRNE
    Legendary creator John Byrne’s incredible influence extends to every corner of the Marvel Universe! Thrill to Byrne’s full runs on IRON FIST, STAR BRAND, MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE and more — alongside his blockbuster She-Hulk graphic novel, a Daredevil/Ghost Rider crossover, the debut of a Lost Generation of heroes and a score of rarities — some never before reprinted! Witness Byrne’s signature takes on Spider-Man, the Avengers, Black Panther, Hulk, Tigra, Iron Man, the Thing, Red Skull, Magneto and more! Collecting MARVEL PREMIERE #25; IRON FIST (1975) #1-15; MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) #63-64 and #100 (B STORY); MARVEL CHILLERS #6; DAREDEVIL (1964) #138; GHOST RIDER (1973) #20; CHAMPIONS (1975) #17; INCREDIBLE HULK ANNUAL #7; IRON MAN (1968) #118; MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE (1974) #43, #50 and #53-55; AVENGERS ANNUAL #13; MARVEL GRAPHIC NOVEL #18: THE SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK; STAR BRAND #11-13, #14-18 (A STORIES) and #19; NEW MUTANTS (1983) #75; MARVEL: THE LOST GENERATION #12-1; and material from GIANT-SIZE DRACULA #5, BIZARRE ADVENTURES #31, CAPTAIN AMERICA (1968) #350, X-FACTOR ANNUAL #4, MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS (1988) #79 and HULK (1999) #1.
    1,296 PGS./Rated T …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-91401-1

JEPH LOEB & TIM SALE: YELLOW, BLUE, GRAY & WHITE OMNIBUS HC
    Written by JEPH LOEB
    Penciled by TIM SALE
    Cover by TIM SALE
    All four of Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale’s classic “color” masterpieces in one atmospheric hardcover! Blind acrobat Daredevil was inspired to heroism by the example of his prizefighter father — but Matt Murdock is a young man in love with Karen Page. Relive Daredevil’s heartwarming, heartbreaking debut! Then, Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy want to spend the rest of their lives together — but first, Spider-Man must run a gauntlet of his greatest foes. No matter how powerful the Incredible Hulk becomes, his heart can still be shattered by Betty Ross — the daughter of his greatest enemy! And Captain America battles beside best friend Bucky behind enemy lines in World War II! Touching and insightful tales of super-heroism from an Eisner Award-winning team! Collecting DAREDEVIL: YELLOW #1-6, SPIDER-MAN: BLUE #1-6, HULK: GRAY #1-6 and CAPTAIN AMERICA: WHITE #0-5.
    664 PGS./Rated T+ …$100.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-91405-9

FANTASTIC FOUR BY WAID & WIERINGO OMNIBUS HC
    Written by MARK WAID & KARL KESEL
    Penciled by MIKE WIERINGO, MARK BUCKINGHAM, CASEY JONES, HOWARD PORTER, PAUL SMITH & PACO MEDINA
    Cover by MIKE WIERINGO
    Mark Waid and Mike Wieringo deliver some of the most daring and humorous adventures the Fantastic Four have ever seen! Giant bugs! Living equations! Johnny Storm, C.E.O.! Exploding unstable molecules! The secret behind the Yancy Street Gang! And Doctor Doom’s plans are truly unthinkable! Victor will push the FF beyond their limits — and when his actions lead to the death of one of their own, they’ll storm the gates of Heaven to save their beloved teammate! Plus: Spider-Man and the Human Torch take on Hydro-Man! But with the Fantastic Four’s reputation in tatters, is associating with a misunderstood wall-crawler really wise? And when Manhattan finds itself surrounded by a fleet of miles-high alien spacecraft, it’s time for the Fantastic Four to do what they do best! Collecting FANTASTIC FOUR (1998) #60-70, #500-524 and #500 DIRECTOR’S CUT.
    896 PGS./Rated T+ …$100.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-91382-3