Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Mostly Giandomenico.
    Never read the first PAD run, as it was/is too "90's" for me (hey, too each their own, right?).
    But I LOVED his second run. This is from a guy who was NOT following the x-universe and came in with practically NO knowledge of the characters at all. but man, just a great series. If that gets omni'd someday I'll buy that one for sure.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Incredible Member

No, his 3rd run was the one with Gambit, Quicksilver, Danger, and Polaris working for a corporation. Lasted about 20 issues I believe. All new X-Factor.

ETA: 18 issues.
    Plus Cypher and Warlock. Wasn’t there a subplot with Warlock crushing on Danger, but her being interested in Cypher? I’m pretty sure I remember hearing about that. (I only read the issues where an Axis-flipped Longshot and Sunfire stormed their headquarters to steal a nuke or something.)

Spectacular Member

No, his 3rd run was the one with Gambit, Quicksilver, Danger, and Polaris working for a corporation. Lasted about 20 issues I believe. All new X-Factor.

ETA: 18 issues.
    You were right the first time. All-New X-Factor lasted 20 issues.All-New_X-Factor_Vol_1_20.jpg

Incredible Member

damn it to hell

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Wow, I completely forgot about All-New X-Factor!!

I remember liking it well enough, but also felt like maybe PAD was starting to spin his wheels a bit at that point. I'd definitely buy a Complete Collection trade if they did one, but probably not a HC/omni.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Seeking some Cosmic Marvel advice: I normally wait until a story or longer arc is out, then (if it's well enough received) buy a whole chunk to read at once (e.g. I bought the Duggan GotG OHC and Infinity Wars at the same time and burned through all of it in a week). I'm currently reading Cates' GotG/Surfer + Thanos: Zero Sanctuary and should be done by Saturday. So, quick questions:

1. Is Ewing's GotG run entwined with the Empyre story where I'd need to read Empyre to get the most satisfaction out of Ewing's run?
    2. If yes to 1, is Empyre good enough to get the omnibus vs just a trade or two?
    3. I'm not a symbiote person and care nothing for Knull, so I'm planning to skip King in Black - will this cause great holes in my reading?
    4. Was Annihilation: Scourge any good?

Thanks in advance!
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    1. Is Ewing's GotG run entwined with the Empyre story where I'd need to read Empyre to get the most satisfaction out of Ewing's run?
    2. If yes to 1, is Empyre good enough to get the omnibus vs just a trade or two?

Thanks in advance!
    1. Ewing's run pretty much stands on its own, I would have enjoyed it just fine even if I hadn't read any of Empyre.

2. Having read nearly the entire event (minus a couple of the minis), I don't think the 6 issue main series would have read very well on its own. A lot of important backstory and concurrent events happen in the tie-ins and one-shots. So, if you're going to invest in it I'd go with the omni as opposed to the trade. Or just skip the whole thing altogether and just stick with Ewing's GotG.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    1. Ewing's run pretty much stands on its own, I would have enjoyed it just fine even if I hadn't read any of Empyre.

2. Having read nearly the entire event (minus a couple of the minis), I don't think the 6 issue main series would have read very well on its own. A lot of important backstory and concurrent events happen in the tie-ins and one-shots. So, if you're going to invest in it I'd go with the omni as opposed to the trade. Or just skip the whole thing altogether and just stick with Ewing's GotG.
    Thanks! I'll get Ewing's run for sure, and I imagine I'll enjoy the heck out of it. Whether or not I get the Empyre omni will probably depend entirely on it's availability compared to whatever else I'm ordering that month - sometimes when I'm unsure about getting an omni, I just wait to see if it's available when I make my next CGN order. Them starting a pre-order process may screw up this system, tho
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Wow, I completely forgot about All-New X-Factor!!

I remember liking it well enough, but also felt like maybe PAD was starting to spin his wheels a bit at that point. I'd definitely buy a Complete Collection trade if they did one, but probably not a HC/omni.
    All New X-Factor was great! I felt like it was engaging and naturally humorous. And I loved the art.

Is there any news/updates why there are two separate collections for the Hellfire Gala?

The HC Red Carpet collection looks to collect all the material under the Hellfire banner. Kind of like X of Swords.

Then we just have the Hellfire Gala TPB that only collects 4 issues. So... Will there be a TPB version of the Red Carpet Edition? Or will there just be the original HC and TPB? Am I to assume the TPB has the essential issues only while the HC simply collects everything, and some are not exactly essential to the event but perhaps to their own titles?

Sorry if this is confusing or hard to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Is there any news/updates why there are two separate collections for the Hellfire Gala?

The HC Red Carpet collection looks to collect all the material under the Hellfire banner. Kind of like X of Swords.

Then we just have the Hellfire Gala TPB that only collects 4 issues. So... Will there be a TPB version of the Red Carpet Edition? Or will there just be the original HC and TPB? Am I to assume the TPB has the essential issues only while the HC simply collects everything, and some are not exactly essential to the event but perhaps to their own titles?

Sorry if this is confusing or hard to follow.
    You pretty much have it right. The HC collects all of the issues while the TPB collects the "red" or essential issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    You pretty much have it right. The HC collects all of the issues while the TPB collects the "red" or essential issues.
    Ah I see. So unlike X of Swords (which I know is a crossover and Hellfire Gala is not really one) I can skip a few of the issues and still continue with the story. Thank you for the clarification, I missed the "red issues" from the Marvel guide.

Astonishing Member

From Near Mint Condition Breaking News: 1 New Marvel Omnibus & 1 Reprint in March 2022!

I'll pass on the new omnibus. Definitely getting the reprint.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

From Near Mint Condition Breaking News: 1 New Marvel Omnibus & 1 Reprint in March 2022!

I'll also pass on the new Omnibus. I already have the reprint.

Still no Immortal Iron Fist reprint

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

I'll be passing on both of these. Every time I see one of these videos I'm hoping it will be the one to announce a Black Panther or Generation X Omnibus and I keep getting disappointed.