Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Original Sin is important because it gives the lead up to why Thor became unworthy, but it is pretty well explained within the series especially in the late stage of the run.

But the Jane Thor run was vague on purpose without ever explaining anything until 20 or so issues later.

If you are a completionist (I am) you should totally pick it up.

I put it right after Last Days of Midgard arc and before Goddess of Thunder
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I agree Original Sin is pretty key in understanding the whole Unworthy Thor plotline and in particular is important for Thor fans and completists. IMHO, it's also one of the better events especially after all the Bendis events overkill which I found tiring and wash, rinse, repeat uninteresting.
    Cool thanks. Ill have to pick up Original Sin then.
    Im also now realizing - going the Aaron Thor OHC route - the War of the Realms event itself is not collected in there either.

So for Aaron's work on this entire run looks like ill need:
    Aaron Thor God Of Thunder OHC 1-2
    Aaron Thor OHC 1-5 (vol 5 due out in 2022)
    Original Sin TPB
    Thors TPB
    Unworthy Thor TPB
    War of the Realms TPB
    Last edited by Destro777; 07-21-2021 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Added God of Thunder OHC to list
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    Cool thanks. Ill have to pick up Original Sin then.
    Im also now realizing - going the Aaron Thor OHC route - the War of the Realms event itself is not collected in there either.

So for Aaron's work on this entire run looks like ill need:
    Aaron Thor OHC 1-5 (vol 5 due out in 2022)
    Original Sin TPB
    Thors TPB
    Unworthy Thor TPB
    War of the Realms TPB
    War of The Realms has a pretty cool omnibus, that has some pretty entertaining tie ins and mini series.

https://www.amazon.com/War-Realms-Om...s=books&sr=1-2

I think they are rereleasing it soon

All-New Member

Wait so what's going on with the Absolute Carnage Omnibus reprint? I remember it was slated for a release this week but CGN released it early and I didn't see anything on IST. Was the release date pushed up and I just missed it because that would suck

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I agree Original Sin is pretty key in understanding the whole Unworthy Thor plotline and in particular is important for Thor fans and completists. IMHO, it's also one of the better events especially after all the Bendis events overkill which I found tiring and wash, rinse, repeat uninteresting.
    The way I remember Original Sin, the actual event itself is completely irrelevant - but the Thor tie-in is important.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JCinOntario View Post
    Did the Predator Omni sell out on IST or get pushed back? Don’t see it
    Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    According to this site, it has been canceled. Sorry...
    The creators of Predator are fighting for the IP rights back so it was pushed back then cancelled as it looks like Disney will lose the rights to the IP.
    Last edited by Punjabi_Hitman; 07-21-2021 at 04:52 AM.

Mighty Member

Kind of collected edition adjacent question: Hachette has solicitations for Reign of X volumes up through 11 (which runs up to the Hellfire Gala). Does the post-Gala time period have a new name (to go with "Dawn of" and "Reign of")? Between the Trial of Magneto and Inferno, it seems like it's a different 'era' (and maybe that we're heading towards the endgame in the next year or so).
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Kind of collected edition adjacent question: Hachette has solicitations for Reign of X volumes up through 11 (which runs up to the Hellfire Gala). Does the post-Gala time period have a new name (to go with "Dawn of" and "Reign of")? Between the Trial of Magneto and Inferno, it seems like it's a different 'era' (and maybe that we're heading towards the endgame in the next year or so).
    Although you're more than likely right, they haven't yet stated an official title to this next chapter in Hickman's opus. I'd imagine there will be one, if for now other reason that to have something to classify the trades under.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    No, Trial and Inferno and both apart of Reign of X. https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...n-announcement

Astonishing Member

I would like to read the Ghost Rider Danny Ketch years. Aside from the expensive Trade Paperback, is there another option available?

Would you recommend to read vol. 1 and 2 before vol 3?

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I would like to read the Ghost Rider Danny Ketch years. Aside from the expensive Trade Paperback, is there another option available?

Would you recommend to read vol. 1 and 2 before vol 3?
    To the best of my knowledge, those out of print, overpriced trades are the only collections of those particular issues. There was a "Rise of the Midnight Sons" trade that was released a few years ago that includes several issues from that series, but it's also out of print. Your best bet might just be to track down the singles; most of them aren't much more than cover price.

And yes, I'd read vol.'s 1 and 2 before 3 if you're able.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, those out of print, overpriced trades are the only collections of those particular issues. There was a "Rise of the Midnight Sons" trade that was released a few years ago that includes several issues from that series, but it's also out of print. Your best bet might just be to track down the singles; most of them aren't much more than cover price.

And yes, I'd read vol.'s 1 and 2 before 3 if you're able.
    Oh my god, then I have to read a lot of Ghost Rider. Never was a fan of Jonny Blaze, so I have to think about that. I think a trade for 50 is cheaper then collecting the singles.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I see plenty of 90s Ghost Rider in the $1 bin at comic shows.
    Cheaper isn't always easiest though so your call. Time could be a factor...like "right now" is the time I have to read this.

I'm buying Sleepwalker when I find them in $1 bins and one day I'll read it through. May have to splurge on issue #1 though. Heck, watch Marvel beat me to it with an Omni at the rate they are hitting 90s fare.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Looking at Diamond I'm wondering if the solicit for only one of the four CapAm omnis is accurate?
    I know they had been pushed around if only getting 1 is correct I'm fine with that. Helps the pacing and wallet.

As of now it looks like Captain America (Silver Age) vol.3 is the one coming out.

Anyone got info to the contrary?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Oh my god, then I have to read a lot of Ghost Rider. Never was a fan of Jonny Blaze, so I have to think about that. I think a trade for 50 is cheaper then collecting the singles.
    My apologies, I think I misunderstood that part of your OP.

I was thinking in terms of Danny Ketch trades Vol. 1-2, but then remembered there was no vol. 3. You were talking about all Ghost Rider volumes. In that case the answer is no, I'd say. My first GH was the Danny series, and I understood it just fine. Still haven't read anything that predates it, tbh.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I see plenty of 90s Ghost Rider in the $1 bin at comic shows.
    Cheaper isn't always easiest though so your call. Time could be a factor...like "right now" is the time I have to read this.

I'm buying Sleepwalker when I find them in $1 bins and one day I'll read it through. May have to splurge on issue #1 though. Heck, watch Marvel beat me to it with an Omni at the rate they are hitting 90s fare.
    IŽll do that with Alpha Flight. I read them in chronological order, and when I reach the point were I miss an issue IŽll go hunt for it, then I read it until I get to the next missing piece and so on.

Once I bought all Vampirella comics I could find and after years of collecting I started reading. I wasn't impressed, I nay imagination Vampirella was a better read, but it wasn't, so I collected for years and sold them after a few days, lol.