Page 1047 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 475479479971037104310441045104610471048104910501051105710971147 ... LastLast
Results 15,691 to 15,705 of 20730
    Amazing Member

What do you guys think will be Iron Man's next omnibus?

Hoping for Bendis or Fraction.

There are a lot of trades for Bendis' run, so an omnibus would be very covenient.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Author View Post
    What do you guys think will be Iron Man's next omnibus?

Hoping for Bendis or Fraction.

There are a lot of trades for Bendis' run, so an omnibus would be very covenient.
    I keep voting for Bendis in the omni poll. But no idea if they feel the need to have a moratorium on Bendis-headlined books for a bit since he recently left?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Incredible Member

How was the Bendis Iron Man run, say, in comparison to his 616 “Spider-Man” run? That was a book I wanted to love based on my history with Ultimate Spider-Man, as well as the gorgeous art by Sara Pachelli, but that book couldn’t stay focused and, overall, felt like an afterthought. I sure am tempted by that Marquez Iron-Man art though.

I quite enjoyed the Matt Fraction Iron-Man run when I read it about a decade back. I’d buy an omnibus and give it another try.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    How was the Bendis Iron Man run, say, in comparison to his 616 “Spider-Man” run? That was a book I wanted to love based on my history with Ultimate Spider-Man, as well as the gorgeous art by Sara Pachelli, but that book couldn’t stay focused and, overall, felt like an afterthought. I sure am tempted by that Marquez Iron-Man art though.

I quite enjoyed the Matt Fraction Iron-Man run when I read it about a decade back. I’d buy an omnibus and give it another try.
    I have read Invincible and International Iron Man by Bendis. IMO not good. At just 14 issues of Invincible Bendis managed to meander with nothing significant happening, and in the end it was derailed by Civil War 2. The less said about that event, the better. Some say the Ironheart and Infamous are good, but I have not read them. I feel this period of Bendis and marvel as a whole was very weak.

I'd say Fraction's Iron Man was the best run on that character. A fresh take on the character at the right time.

I thought the two books he did with Maleev were fine, but the rest did nothing for me, and I thought his last arc prior to shipping off to DC was especially abysmal.

Anyone planning to get the JMS Spidey Vol 2 Omni, reports are coming in that it's a real mousetrap of a book (glued binding level tight). Buyer beware.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Anyone planning to get the JMS Spidey Vol 2 Omni, reports are coming in that it's a real mousetrap of a book (glued binding level tight). Buyer beware.
    Not cool. I pre-ordered it. Where did you hear about the tight binding?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post

Iron Doom is super cool but looking back it didn’t last very long at all and was almost completely undone, so there’s no point

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    What reports ??? glued binding level tight ??? What a fake news. Non Marvel nor DC made omnibuses with glued binding this times.
    Probably all omnibues that were made in Malaysia (BLACK WIDOW, WOLVERINE,JMS Spidey Vol 2) will be print in China, all have a new date 02.09.2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Not cool. I pre-ordered it. Where did you hear about the tight binding?
    https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv...40655#p1240655

https://attachment.tapatalk-cdn.com/...72YROXJYGYDADA

Amazing Member

Look here:

The Black Widow Strikes Omnibus
    https://youtu.be/oVSYpeWGkwE?t=639

Amazing Spider-Man by J. Michael Straczynski Omnibus Vol. 2
    https://youtu.be/B-dilAzXkMQ?t=798

Wolverine Omnibus
    https://youtu.be/uGv9aLW9crk?t=614

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

So... we have conflicting reports.

I received the ASM by JMS Vol. 2 a couple weeks (?) ago from Amazon. The corners were smashed in so I returned for a full refund. Unfortunately, I didn't inspect it to see the binding.

Amazing Member

Probably you can stretch the spine, and it is more flexibly, for example here is my upgraded version of BATMAN BY SNYDER & CAPULLO OMNIBUS :

https://forum.komikspec.pl/komiksy-a...7449/#msg67449

Spectacular Member

Confusing. The video linked by Xanar clearly shows an eye but the picture linked by the cheat is showing a glued binding with no eye. I believe Near Mint mentioned in one of his videos that the copies available later this year will be done by a different printer. I hope his video was using an advance copy of the ones that will be available a few months from now. So I’m thinking that the copies available on Amazon right now are the square books with no eye and that the ones available in August/September will have the eye. Someone correct me if I’m mistaken.
    Last edited by Nab432; 05-26-2020 at 09:25 PM.

Amazing Member

No one sees the books that will be made in 4 months, Do you suggest that he travel in time, than back from the future and he have "advance copy of the ones that will be available a few months from now" - man, to much comics