Page 1224 of 1230 FirstFirst ... 224724112411741214122012211222122312241225122612271228 ... LastLast
Results 18,346 to 18,360 of 18441
  1. #18346
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,016

    Default

    Thanks for the update TurtleDog!

    Ps. A reprint of the Star Wars by Jason Aaron Omnibus has been solicited. If you check a few pages back on this thread from posts 18285 to.18292, you can see the recent solicitations.
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 09-25-2021 at 12:21 AM.

  2. #18347
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Two new omnibus announced by nearmint

    Phoenix and X treme X-men

    https://youtu.be/NeGg3ih4fo0

  3. #18348
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    5,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by random82 View Post
    Two new omnibus announced by nearmint

    Phoenix and X treme X-men

    https://youtu.be/NeGg3ih4fo0
    While I'd prefer 3 chunky Complete Collection trades, I'll probably pick up X-Treme, since it'll be wrapped up nicely between two volumes, and to my knowledge was never collected in full in the paperbacks (?).
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  4. #18349
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by random82 View Post
    Two new omnibus announced by nearmint

    Phoenix and X treme X-men

    https://youtu.be/NeGg3ih4fo0
    The phoenix omni is a reprint of the dark phoenix omni released in 2018, not sure if it was a big seller back then and if it has different extras than uncanny 1 and 2 or just combines extras that deal with phoenix into the one omni

    https://www.marvel.com/comics/collec...ibus_hardcover

  5. #18350
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    9,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    The phoenix omni is a reprint of the dark phoenix omni released in 2018, not sure if it was a big seller back then and if it has different extras than uncanny 1 and 2 or just combines extras that deal with phoenix into the one omni

    https://www.marvel.com/comics/collec...ibus_hardcover
    Yes. I wonder if there is a specific reason why we are getting a "Phoenix Omnibus" next Summer, as opposed to X-Men book release with the material inside as they have always done prior?

    I mean, it is great for Phoenix Fans, but Marvel never did this before. Perhaps a movie, cartoon or some other Jean Grey tie to the Phoenix anew?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  6. #18351
    Incredible Member Thundershot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes. I wonder if there is a specific reason why we are getting a "Phoenix Omnibus" next Summer, as opposed to X-Men book release with the material inside as they have always done prior?

    I mean, it is great for Phoenix Fans, but Marvel never did this before. Perhaps a movie, cartoon or some other Jean Grey tie to the Phoenix anew?
    Probably similar to the Doctor Doom Omnibus, which is even more all over the place.

  7. #18352
    Mighty Member Steroid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by random82 View Post
    Two new omnibus announced by nearmint

    Phoenix and X treme X-men

    https://youtu.be/NeGg3ih4fo0
    Been a long time coming for X-Treme X-Men and it'll definitely be a day one preorder for me. Now I just need Omar to announce a Generation X omni.

  8. #18353
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by random82 View Post
    Two new omnibus announced by nearmint

    Phoenix and X treme X-men

    https://youtu.be/NeGg3ih4fo0
    Not for me, fortunately. I'm tempted by so many Omnibuses but I need to watch my coffers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    The phoenix omni is a reprint of the dark phoenix omni released in 2018, not sure if it was a big seller back then and if it has different extras than uncanny 1 and 2 or just combines extras that deal with phoenix into the one omni

    https://www.marvel.com/comics/collec...ibus_hardcover
    Well spotted. I reckon they want to set up/promote Vol. 2 which would include AvX issues and "possessions" of Quentin Quire, Wolverine in Aaron's Avengers and the current Echo series.

  9. #18354
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    9,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Not for me, fortunately. I'm tempted by so many Omnibuses but I need to watch my coffers.



    Well spotted. I reckon they want to set up/promote Vol. 2 which would include AvX issues and "possessions" of Quentin Quire, Wolverine in Aaron's Avengers and the current Echo series.
    I think that would probably be Vol 3 or even Vol 4. There is other Phoenix stories that could fill a Vol 2.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  10. #18355
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I think that would probably be Vol 3 or even Vol 4. There is other Phoenix stories that could fill a Vol 2.
    I assume Volume 2 would have the Rachel Summers/Grey stuff from the 80s and 90s.

  11. #18356
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    9,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I assume Volume 2 would have the Rachel Summers/Grey stuff from the 80s and 90s.
    Volume 2 could have other things in it as well. It might include some X-Factor when Jean revived, or those Phoenix Endsong issues or even The End. It could also have some X-Men Forever with some alternated Jean/Phoenix.

    Vol 3 should have Rachel in it.

    Vol 4 Possibly AVX stories

    Vol 5? Maybe some newer Phoenix stories?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  12. #18357
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    4,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by random82 View Post
    Two new omnibus announced by nearmint

    Phoenix and X treme X-men

    https://youtu.be/NeGg3ih4fo0
    A Phoenix Omni is an easy pass for me. Most of that is collected elsewhere and I have it.

    Xtreme X-Men I'll take a harder look at. I'm re-financing my house, getting a better %rate but shaving 10yrs off my mortgage by going from a 30yr(26yrs left) down to a 15yr. That means even at the better rate my payment goes up by $300. That's omni money on the table folks.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  13. #18358
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    5,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    A Phoenix Omni is an easy pass for me. Most of that is collected elsewhere and I have it.

    Xtreme X-Men I'll take a harder look at. I'm re-financing my house, getting a better %rate but shaving 10yrs off my mortgage by going from a 30yr(26yrs left) down to a 15yr. That means even at the better rate my payment goes up by $300. That's omni money on the table folks.
    What's a mortgage payment compared to an overpriced, low quality collection of Clarmont's last great X-Men opus??

    C'mon Captain, gotta keep your priorities straight!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  14. #18359
    of House Bolton Ramsay Snow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    What's a mortgage payment compared to an overpriced, low quality collection of Clarmont's last great X-Men opus??

    C'mon Captain, gotta keep your priorities straight!
    You know, you've become a bit of a negative nancy when it comes to omniboo!

  15. #18360
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    5,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    You know, you've become a bit of a negative nancy when it comes to omniboo!
    Blame it on the fact that I've had to pack up, move, and unpack my collection twice in one year!

    I'm also a bit of a masochist, because as much as I've come to dislike the format, I can't stop ordering them...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •