Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    so X-Men Vol 20 do we think it will contain the uncanny issues or just adjectiveless x-men
    The cover shown was UXM 281 or 282, I'm pretty sure, so my guess would be both titles or Uncanny up to X-Cutioner's Song
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    The cover shown was UXM 281 or 282, I'm pretty sure, so my guess would be both titles or Uncanny up to X-Cutioner's Song
    thanks, i hope it collects both and hope it goes up to AoA.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

The X-Men Epic Collections from vol. 20 on are going to get very messy unless they strictly stick to just Uncanny (and the occasional issue of adjectiveless?) . Even then, they'll be an almost incomprehensible read considering the non-stop crossovers that permeated the 90's.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Really really hoped Spidey 16 would be in this batch...

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    Really really hoped Spidey 16 would be in this batch...
    Speculation seems to be there will be multiple volumes in August for the anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    The X-Men Epic Collections from vol. 20 on are going to get very messy unless they strictly stick to just Uncanny (and the occasional issue of adjectiveless?) . Even then, they'll be an almost incomprehensible read considering the non-stop crossovers that permeated the 90's.
    I think it'll be fine switching between Uncanny and Adjectiveless. The Road to Onslaught trades collected the two series as well as annuals, one shots, a mini, and Unlimited, and they all read reasonably well.

As for x-overs, I think X-Cutioner's song is the only one you'd need to collect in full (pre Age of Apocalypse anyway). Fatal Attractions and Phalanx Covenant work fine with just the X-Men/Uncanny issues and maybe one or two other issues, eg Wolverine #75 for FA. I don't think you'd need to collect either of those in full in the X-Men epics.

Amazing Member

They have already collected the entirety of X-Cutioner’s Song in the second X-Force Epic so I can imagine they will just do similar for the other X-overs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I think it'll be fine switching between Uncanny and Adjectiveless. The Road to Onslaught trades collected the two series as well as annuals, one shots, a mini, and Unlimited, and they all read reasonably well.

As for x-overs, I think X-Cutioner's song is the only one you'd need to collect in full (pre Age of Apocalypse anyway). Fatal Attractions and Phalanx Covenant work fine with just the X-Men/Uncanny issues and maybe one or two other issues, eg Wolverine #75 for FA. I don't think you'd need to collect either of those in full in the X-Men epics.
    I agree with this, it should be fine. I, for one, look forward to (hopefully) being able to get those stories in TPBs without having ALL the auxillery titles vowen in, as I really feel the quality of those were often quite poor.

Astonishing Member

With Hawkeye getting an Epic collection that contains his mini series from the early 80s, I tried to take a guess at the content.

Material from Tales of Suspense 57, 60, 64 (his first appearances as an Iron Man enemy)

Material from Avengers 16, 19, 20 (Joining the team and his history with the Swordsman)

Avengers 63-65 (Becoming Goliath and introducing his brother Barney) 109 (spotlight issue where he quits the team)

Daredevil 99, Incredible Hulk 166, Marvel Team Up 22 (various guest appearances after quitting)

Champions 11 and Ghost Rider 27 (appearances of him and Two Gun Kid while taking a break from the Avengers)

Avengers 189, Marvel Team Up 92, Material from Marvel Fanfare 3 (Stories of Clint as head of security for CTE)

Avengers 223 (spotlight issue with Ant Man)

Hawkeye 1-4

I'm leaving out a lot of Avengers and Defenders issues where Clint is part of the ensemble instead of the focus. They are still important to his history, but it's hard to isolate just the Clint appearances.

PS Thanks to Crushing Krisis for his reading order

https://crushingkrisis.com/collectin...reading-order/

Incredible Member

My collection is slowly reverting back to all the stuff that reignited my loved of comics in my high school/college days, around 15 years ago.
    Alan Moore classics, Ultimate Spider-Man, DKR, The Long Halloween, Doom Patrol, Invisibles.
    Oh, and TMNT is always there.

But I must have a blind spot if nostalgia is playing a major role in all this. It’s hard to say. But I really feel like I just fell into a lot of great stuff around that time, and not much else has compared since. Extremely subjective, of course.

Anyway, the next big Marvel release I’m looking forward to is the USM reprint. Can’t wait to finally get my hands on that. I can definitely see where nostalgia plays a roll in my love of that particular book, but it captured the emotions of being a teen really well, in my experience. I love the interactions between Peter and Mary Jane in that book. It takes me back!

I may pick up the McFarlane “Spider-Man” omnibus for the art. I’m also waiting on a pre-order of Hickman’s X-Men omnibus, which I tapped out on around issue #9, in the single issue format.

Other than that, I’m mostly just hoping they announce a Spider-Man 2099 omnibus. That run holds up and is just a lot of fun, with great characterization and creative spins on the Spider-Man mythos. It sort of knows how to be “gritty” in a tasteful way, of you ask me. It’s not really “90’s edge”, it just doesn’t stray from dark storylines. Definitely check it out if you’re interested.
    Last edited by Johnatellodi; 06-26-2021 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Anyway, the next big Marvel release I’m looking forward to is the USM reprint. Can’t wait to finally get my hands on that. I can definitely see where nostalgia plays a roll in my love of that particular book, but it captured the emotions of being a teen really well, in my experience. I love the interactions between Peter and Mary Jane in that book. It takes me back!
    Say what you will about Bendis, but he really knew how to write teens/young adults in the early-to-mid-00s. Reading USM absolutely feels like growing up in that era. Bagley's art was never my favorite (I've grown to like his current output), but the writing alone in USM always made for an entertaining, engaging read.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

CONAN THE BARBARIAN: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS OMNIBUS VOL. 7
    Written by CHRISTOPHER PRIEST with DON KRAAR
    Penciled by JOHN BUSCEMA & VAL SEMEIKS with ERNIE CHAN & MIKE DOCHERTY
    Covers by LEINIL FRANCIS YU & JOHN BUSCEMA
    He was the writer that would put Black Panther back on the map of popularity in the late ’90s, but in the ’80s, Christopher Priest was editing—and writing—tales of Conan the Barbarian! The seventh volume in this popular Omnibus series collects the first half of Priest’s run, as the writer assembles a cast of engaging supporting characters around Conan, including the haunted Tetra and the courageous Captain Delmuro, sending them in pursuit of treasure held by the wicked thief, Keiv. Priest also introduces to the color series one of the great super-villains in Marvel’s Conan mythos—the Devourer of Souls. The dark reaver is one of Conan’s most formidable foes, and their legendary battles begin here! Collecting CONAN THE BARBARIAN (1970) #172-194 & ANNUAL (1973) #10-11.
    680 PGS./Rated T+ …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93432-3
    Trim Size: 7-1/4 x 10-7/8
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 06-28-2021 at 02:01 AM.

DOCTOR STRANGE, SORCERER SUPREME OMNIBUS VOL. 3
    Written by DAVID QUINN, DAN ABNETT, EVAN SKOLNICK, TODD DEZAGO, J.M. DEMATTEIS,
    KURT BUSIEK, MARC ANDREYKO, ROGER STERN & MORE
    Penciled by MEL RUBI, MAX DOUGLAS, JOHN HIXSON, MARK TENNEY, DAVID BREWER, PETER GROSS, STEVE YEOWELL, MARK BUCKINGHAM, RICHARD PACE, MARIE SEVERIN, PATCH ZIRCHER, PASQUAL FERRY, KYLE HOTZ, RICARDO VILLAGRAN, GENE COLAN, P. CRAIG RUSSELL, NEIL VOKES & MORE
    Covers by PETER GROSS & MARK BUCKINGHAM
    Doctor Strange and the Midnight Sons are under siege — and Strange is transformed! Now the masked mystery magician known as Strange tests his sorcery against Doctor Doom and Namor! Clea returns, the Hulk is possessed and the sinister Salomé makes her move. But what is the connection between Strange and Dr. Vincent Stephens? And will the real Sorcerer Supreme please stand up? As Strange masters the power of catastrophe magic, Baron Mordo plots his arch-foe’s death! But can even the Master of the Mystic Arts prevent the birth of Chthon? Plus: An untold team-up with Spider-Man! An award-winning tale that will disturb you! And more! Collecting DOCTOR STRANGE, SORCERER SUPREME #60-90, ANNUAL #4 and ASHCAN EDITION; STRANGE TALES (1994) #1; MIDNIGHT SONS UNLIMITED #6; DR. STRANGE: WHAT IS IT THAT DISTURBS YOU, STEPHEN? and UNTOLD TALES OF SPIDER-MAN: STRANGE ENCOUNTER.
    1080 PGS./Rated T+ …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93044-8
    Trim size: 7-1/4 x 10-7/8

Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 06-28-2021 at 02:01 AM.

THE X-MEN OMNIBUS VOL. 2 (2nd PRINTING)
    Written by ROY THOMAS, GARY FRIEDRICH, ARNOLD DRAKE, LINDA FITE, DENNIS O’NEIL & JERRY SIEGEL
    Penciled by WERNER ROTH, DAN ADKINS, ROSS ANDRU, DON HECK, GEORGE TUSKA, JIM STERANKO, BARRY WINDSOR-SMITH, NEAL ADAMS, SAL BUSCEMA, JOHN BUSCEMA & TOM SUTTON
    Covers by JOHN CASSADAY & GEORGE TUSKA
    The original X-Men — Cyclops, Beast, Angel, Iceman and Marvel Girl — star in uncanny adventures that brought the first era of mutant mayhem to a close! This Omnibus is filled with milestones — from the team’s new costumes and the death of Professor X to the first appearances of Havok, Polaris and Sunfire! But when Roy Thomas united with Neal Adams, the writer and artist produced one of the most amazing evolutions in Marvel history! These two titanic talents brought the X-Men in sync with the thriving youth culture of the late ’60s. Adams’ lavish and dynamic visuals merged with Thomas’ challenging and contemporary stories to create a series that throbbed with the pulse of the times like no other! Collecting X-MEN (1963) #32-66, AVENGERS (1963) #53, KA-ZAR (1970) #2-3, MARVEL TALES (1964) #30 and material from NOT BRAND ECHH #4 and #8.
    912 PGS./All Ages …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93373-9

Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 06-28-2021 at 02:00 AM.

THUNDERBOLTS OMNIBUS VOL. 2
    Written by FABIAN NICIEZA, KURT BUSIEK & MICHAEL BARREIRO
    Penciled by MARK BAGLEY, PATCH ZIRCHER, NORM BREYFOGLE, GEORGE PÉREZ, PAUL RYAN, RICHARD HOWELL, CHARLIE ADLARD, DEREC AUCOIN, MICHAEL RYAN, LEWIS LAROSA & KLEBS JR.
    Covers by MARK BAGLEY & PATCH ZIRCHER
    Fabian Nicieza kicks off his run with a bang! Tragedy strikes the Thunderbolts as a ruthless killer targets the team. But who — and why?! Meanwhile, Citizen V is unmasked at last! Moonstone learns far too much about the source of her power! And is the team ready for…Mach-2? As the Thunderbolts join forces with the Avengers to face Count Nefaria, old friends return, sacrifices are made and secrets are revealed! But will the T-Bolts finally earn their redemption — or go their separate ways? And what schemes is Baron Zemo concocting in the shadows? Featuring Graviton, the V-Battalion and the Thunderbolts of Counter-Earth! Collecting THUNDERBOLTS (1997) #34-63 and ANNUAL 2000, AVENGERS (1998) #31-34 and ANNUAL 2000, THUNDERBOLTS: LIFE SENTENCES, THUNDERBOLTS: FROM THE MARVEL VAULT, CITIZEN V AND THE V-BATTALION #1-3 and CITIZEN V AND THE V-BATTALION: THE EVERLASTING #1-4.
    1168 PGS./Rated T …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93189-6