Page 413 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 313363403409410411412413414415416417423463513913 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,195 of 20771

Surely the reproduction on the McFarlane omnibus can't be as bad as the art itself can it?

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Surely the reproduction on the McFarlane omnibus can't be as bad as the art itself can it?
    No, but its worse than the writing.

DOOM
    DOOM
    DOOM
    DOOM

Yeah, something about the scanning made all of the characters faces look like melting clay blobs.

Yes! No...?

Amazing Member

Hey, quick question, is there a way to tell how close something is to becoming OoS? I want to eventually buy Annihilation Conquest Omni, but there are other omnibi I want to buy first, but I'm worried that Conquest will go Out of Stock soon in the same way that Annihilation did, so I'm stuck on if I want to dip in and buy it now even if I won't read it for a bit. Any info?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SediarSago View Post
    Hey, quick question, is there a way to tell how close something is to becoming OoS? I want to eventually buy Annihilation Conquest Omni, but there are other omnibi I want to buy first, but I'm worried that Conquest will go Out of Stock soon in the same way that Annihilation did, so I'm stuck on if I want to dip in and buy it now even if I won't read it for a bit. Any info?
    Here is my honest opinion, which I know others will differ with. I have historically followed the school of thought, "If it's worth buying, buy it now before it goes OOP." Sounds wise, until you end up with a 5x5 Expedit full of unread books and all that money diverted from other uses. So, if you're busy with a full-time job and/or a family and can't read hundreds of pages of comics per week, I say just buy what you have time to enjoy. Some things you'll just have to die without reading, no matter how much you read. Preaching to myself, here.

To answer your question, it's not foolproof, but check for stock changes on Amazon, IST, CGN, and I might be forgetting somewhere. OOP on one of those sites can be a warning to act.
    Last edited by invisiblegardener; 08-30-2016 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    Here is my honest opinion, which I know others will differ with. I have historically followed the school of thought, "If it's worth buying, buy it now before it goes OOP." Sounds wise, until you end up with a 5x5 Expedit full of unread books and all that money diverted from other uses. So, if you're busy with a full-time job and/or a family and can't read hundreds of pages of comics per week, I say just buy what you have time to enjoy. Some things you'll just have to die without reading, no matter how much you read. Preaching to myself, here.
    One option is to spend the money on things you definitely want to own in physical copy and read ASAP, and then for would-be-nice-to-read-if-I-get-the-time ones, do one of the following:
    1- Keep your eyes open, because maybe a sale will happen or someone will sell a copy for cheap
    2- Read that story digitally. On Comixology, every issue in the Annihilation: Conquest omnibus, for example, will cost either $63.68 (full price, each issue), $53.94 (Annihilation: Conquest Book 1, Annihilation: Conquest Book 2, Nova Volume 2, and then Nova issues 1-3), or $31.68 (if you waited for a 99 cent sale).
    3- Is the story on Marvel Unlimited? If so, subscribe and read to your heart's content. Unsubscribe when you don't have time to read.

Mighty Member

^This. I don't love reading digitally, but this is by far the easiest and cheapest way to check out most marvel stuff b4 forking over big money on these books.

Fwiw, i enjoyed conquest more than annihilation.

This forum is as good a place as any to keep an eye on upcoming OOS. One of us usually sounds the alarm before something is only available above cover.

I'm a big fan of MU, it has saved me a lot of money recently and it is a pretty decent way of reading Marvel comics especially if you have a tablet.

Has anyone seen this yet?

https://smile.amazon.com/Daredevil-B...nibus+brubaker

Looks like I might sell my ultimate collections then...

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    One option is to spend the money on things you definitely want to own in physical copy and read ASAP, and then for would-be-nice-to-read-if-I-get-the-time ones, do one of the following:
    1- Keep your eyes open, because maybe a sale will happen or someone will sell a copy for cheap
    2- Read that story digitally. On Comixology, every issue in the Annihilation: Conquest omnibus, for example, will cost either $63.68 (full price, each issue), $53.94 (Annihilation: Conquest Book 1, Annihilation: Conquest Book 2, Nova Volume 2, and then Nova issues 1-3), or $31.68 (if you waited for a 99 cent sale).
    3- Is the story on Marvel Unlimited? If so, subscribe and read to your heart's content. Unsubscribe when you don't have time to read.

I just read Annihilation all the way up to Realm of Kings on Marvel Unlimited. I didn't like digital either but I've kind of warmed up to it now. Especially for the Silver Age material. The colors come across so well on a tablet. I recently bought a bunch of Jim Starlin Cosmic stuff in trades and i'm disappointed with it. They colors look so dull compared to the digital files on MU.

Amazing Member

Trying to sell off my omnibus collection, but being in Canada, shipping to the US turns most people off. I have sold some locally on Kijiji but most people want to lowball you. Anyone have any suggestions which avenues I should look into?

Quote Originally Posted by zeze View Post
    Trying to sell off my omnibus collection, but being in Canada, shipping to the US turns most people off. I have sold some locally on Kijiji but most people want to lowball you. Anyone have any suggestions which avenues I should look into?
    What titles are you pushing?
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by zeze View Post
    Move to America! ;-)