Page 955 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 45585590594595195295395495595695795895996510051055 ... LastLast
Results 14,311 to 14,325 of 20730
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Bring on ASM Vol 5!!
    It might happen with a 3rd Spidey movie. Anyhow, I might have to start offloading my MMW ASM volumes as I'm collecting the Omnis.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Nice to get MMW DD vol.14 next January.
    Now, when do we get that second Omni Marvel??
    Yes, it would be nice to see Vol. 2. I'm sure it will he a very good seller. The first volume was just shy of 2000 units in its first month.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Great news! Marvel Masterworks: Daredevil Vol. 14 HC has been announced:

Nice to see they're including Marvel Premiere #43 which I don't have and features Paladin who first appeared in Daredevil #150

I had hardly any of the anthology books growing up like Marvel Premiere, but I DID have that issue. Excited for this volume!
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Anyone picked/picking up the Loeb & McGuinness Hulk Omnibus and/or recommend it? I understand it picks up directly after World War Hulk, right?

Anyone picked/picking up the Loeb & McGuinness Hulk Omnibus and/or recommend it? I understand it picks up directly after World War Hulk, right?
    Yes it picks up after WWH; I've only read a few of the early issues, Red Hulk was crazy, but in a fun way. I literally just ordered this like 15 mins ago. Looking forward to a massive 2000's Hulk read form PLanet Hulk through this omni. The OHC'd a lot of stuff after this omnibus, so it wouldn't surprise me if they continued on from this later in 2019 or in 2020. A "Fall of the Hulks" omnibus or whatever.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

I'm back at collecting, and I did it by ordering Jeph Loeb's Ultimates (3 and New) and Wolverine runs in HC, as well as John Byrne's Iron Man.

I guess I am a sadomasochist.

It's my favorite Hulk run, but you've got to be in the right mood for it. It's like if you cranked up to eleven Bill Mantlo's Hulk run. It's goofy, crazy and over the top, never afraid of being ridiculous or absurd.

The art is superb. McGuinnes is great at drawing big monsters punching each other. Art Adams drew a Wendigo story. Frank Cho draws, what else, beautiful women. Ian Churchill had some cool cartoon art. On top of that, if I am not mistaken, Tim Sale and Sam Buscema had some contributions too.

The mystery of the Red Hulk's identity was better than people credit Loeb, too.
    Last edited by Diamond; 06-17-2019 at 11:39 AM.

EDIT: Double post.

Thanks Rimmer and Diamond for the replies. I have the Planet Hulk OHC and the WWH Omni. The former is much better, the latter has its moments but is a lesser story. I may just pick up this new Omni.

I want to publicly thank Raffi Ol D'Arcy for selling me his copy of ASM Omnibus 3 and shipping it securely. If he's selling a book you need, don't hesitate to buy!

I also appreciate the sales insights, previews/solicitations posted, and insights he posts here. He's one of the reasons I stuck around when I found these boards last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    I want to publicly thank Raffi Ol D'Arcy for selling me his copy of ASM Omnibus 3 and shipping it securely. If he's selling a book you need, don't hesitate to buy!

I also appreciate the sales insights, previews/solicitations posted, and insights he posts here. He's one of the reasons I stuck around when I found these boards last year.
    Thanks for the kind words Seeker. My ears have gone red

I'm very glad the book arrived safely. Enjoy.

Incredible Member

Well unless Raffi has another several copies of ASM Volume 3, let’s hope Marvel reprints it soon!

I hated Loeb's Hull run.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Well unless Raffi has another several copies of ASM Volume 3, let’s hope Marvel reprints it soon!
    Sorry mate, I don't have a spare copy Marvel will need to reprint ASM Vol. 2 first i.e. its 3rd printing. This may happen when a 3rd Spidey movie materialises. Who knows, they may reprint Vol. 2 and Vol. 3 alongside each other.

I managed to get the upcoming list of Marvel’s solicitations from the MMW Forum/Board:

Annihilation Omnibus HC (new printing)
    Daredevil by Bendis Omnibus HC vols 1 & 2 (new printing)
    Marvel's Avengers: Endgame - The Art Of The Movie HC Slipcase
    Marvel Masterworks Daredevil Vol. 14 HC
    Conan the Barbarian: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus HC Vol. 3
    Incredible Hulk by Peter David Omnibus HC Vol. 1
    Black Bolt OHC
    New Avengers: Breakout Marvel Select HC

War of the Realms: The Punisher TPB
    Amazing Spider-Man by Nick Spencer TPB
    Marvel’s Spider-Man: City at War TPB
    Cosmic Ghost Rider Destroys Marvel History TPB
    Major X TPB
    Runaways by Rainbow Rowell Vol. 4 TPB
    Ms. Marvel by Saladin Ahmed Vol. 1 TPB
    Spider-Man: Life Story TPB
    Captain America by Ta-Nehisi Coates Vol. 2 TPB
    Marvel Monograph: The Art of Sara Pichelli TPB
    Marvel Visionaries: Steve Ditko TPB
    Secret Warps TPB
    Hit-Monkey by Daniel Way: Bullets & Bananas TPB
    Hulk: Incredible Origins TPB
    Star Wars: Tie Fighter TPB
    Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge TPB

Incredible Hulk Epic Collection Vol. 04 TPB
    Conan Chronicles Epic Collection Vol. 03 TPB
    Daredevil Epic Collection Vol. 04 TPB
    Doctor Strange Epic Collection Vol. 08 TPB
    Write Your Own Marvel TPB
    X-Men Milestones: X-Cutioner’s Song TPB
    Tomb of Dracula: The Complete Collection Vol. 3 TPB
    Mutant X: The Complete Collection Vol. 2 TPB
    Man-Wolf: The Complete Collection TPB
    Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane: The Unexpected Thing GN-TPB

Ironheart: Riri Williams GN-TPB
    Adventures of Spider-Man: Spectacular Foes GN-TPB
    Marvel-Verse: Thanos GN-TPB
    Marvel-Verse: Iron Man GN-TPB
    Marvel Rising: Heroes of the Round Table GN-TPB

Astonishing Member

Thank you for the upcoming list of Marvel solicitaions.

From the upcoming list of solicitations from Marvel i will be getting in the first month:

Incredible Hulk by Peter David Omnibus HC Vol. 1 (Looking forward to this,i read these stories years ago and i remember the start of Peter David run in Incredible Hulk was awesome and the art by Todd McFarlane was way cool)
    Major X TPB (Actually this i wanted to collect in singles issues but it have been all sold out so i will rather get the TPB instead)
    Man-Wolf: The Complete Collection TPB.This seems to be a must buy collected edition.

And in other months i will be getting for sure the Incredible Hulk Epic Collection Vol. 04 and the Doctor Strange Epic Collection Vol. 08.

Even though I already have the Bendis Daredevil omnibus'...I bought them used, and while they are in pretty good condition, they are not in the "pristine" condition I like to keep my books...I am the sucker who will be re-buying them

Now we just need an Uncanny X-Force re-print. I was not as well versed in how to play this "game" when the original came out, so I missed it.