Page 968 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 46886891895896496596696796896997097197297810181068 ... LastLast
Results 14,506 to 14,520 of 20764
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

MARVEL MASTERS OF SUSPENSE: STAN LEE & STEVE DITKO OMNIBUS VOL. 2
    Written by STAN LEE
    Penciled by STEVE DITKO
    Cover by STEVE DITKO
    Concluding Marvel’s once-in-a-lifetime Omnibus collection of every astonishing tale of suspense by the inimitable duo of Stan Lee and Steve Ditko! Their collaborations birthed the Amazing Spider-Man and Doctor Strange, and in these pages you’ll find the concepts, themes and creative origins of those iconic super heroes. They’re packed inside tight five-page thrillers, stories covering everything from aliens with outsized agendas to down-on-their-luck gutter bums. Stories that sought to raise the bar for comic-book storytelling. Stories that plumb the human condition, expand the language of comics — and shock your pants off. Extensively researched and painstakingly restored, this, True Believer, is the collection you’ve dreamed of — and a testament to two of Marvel Comics’ greatest creators. Collecting material from JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY (1952) #74-96, STRANGE TALES (1951) #92-109 and #112-113, TALES TO ASTONISH (1959) #27-48, TALES OF SUSPENSE (1959) #25-44 and #46, AMAZING ADULT FANTASY #7-14, and AMAZING FANTASY (1962) #15.
    688 PGS./All Ages …$100.00

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE MIGHTY THOR VOL. 19 HC
    Written by ROY THOMAS with RALPH MACCHIO,
    MARK GRUENWALD & JO DUFFY
    Penciled by KEITH POLLARD
    with RICARDO VILLAMONTE & KEN LANDGRAF
    Cover by KEITH POLLARD
    ON SALE FEBRUARY 2020
    THE MIGHTY THOR celebrates its 300th issue as the amazing Celestial Saga reaches its epic conclusion! In these pages Thor will join forces with the Eternals, the secrets of Marvel’s gods will be revealed, the true story of Odin’s creation of the unstoppable Destroyer will be told — and gods young and old will die! Then, before us all, the Fourth Host of the Celestials will descend to lay down their judgment — and both man and god may be found wanting. Also featuring the warrior woman Valkyrie, a Marvel adaptation of Richard Wagner’s classic Der Ring des Nibelungen and two rare Hercules tales from MARVEL TREASURY EDITION! Collecting THOR (1966) #291-302, and MARVEL TREASURY EDITION #24 and #26.
    288 PGS./Rated T…$75.00

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE UNCANNY X-MEN VOL. 12 HC
    Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT with DAVE COCKRUM, JO DUFFY, BOB LAYTON & BARRY WINDSOR-SMITH
    Penciled by JOHN ROMITA JR., ARTHUR ADAMS
    & DAVE COCKRUM with BARRY WINDSOR-SMITH
    Cover by ARTHUR ADAMS
    ON SALE FEBRUARY 2020
    Chris Claremont, together with an absolute dream team of art talent — John Romita Jr., Arthur Adams, Barry Windsor-Smith and Dave Cockrum — brings you an indisputable Marvel masterwork! Beginning with the earthshaking return of the Juggernaut, tensions rise as Professor X’s health fails, a crisis of faith strikes Nightcrawler and Storm ranges across the African savannah in the second “Lifedeath” masterpiece! Meanwhile, the X-Men and New Mutants are whisked away to Asgard to battle Loki and his minions in the all-time great “Asgardian Wars,” illustrated by the incomparable Arthur Adams! Finally, the day of reckoning arrives as an international tribunal tries Magneto for crimes against humanity. Also featuring a swashbuckling saga starring Nightcrawler by X-Men icon Dave Cockrum! Collecting UNCANNY X-MEN (1981) #194-200, X-MEN ANNUAL (1970) #9, NEW MUTANTS SPECIAL EDITION #1, NIGHTCRAWLER (1985) #1-4 and material from BIZARRE ADVENTURES #27.
    448 PGS./Rated T…$100.00

STAR WARS: AGE OF REPUBLIC OHC
    Written by JODY HOUSER, ETHAN SACKS & MARC GUGGENHEIM
    Penciled by CORY SMITH, WILTON SANTOS, LUKE ROSS, PAOLO VILLANELLI, CARLOS GOMEZ
    & CASPAR WIJNGAARD
    COVER BY LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    Beginning the Age of Star Wars — epic adventures featuring your favorite characters from all three film trilogies! And first up are the heroes and villains of the days of the Old Republic! Witness the moments that define them, the incredible battles that shaped them — and their eternal conflict between light and darkness! Solo stories spotlight major figures from Star Wars Episodes I-III — including Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Mace Windu…and Jar Jar Binks! And don’t forget those who lurk on the dark side — fearsome foes like Count Dooku, Darth Maul, Jango Fett and more! Collecting STAR WARS: AGE OF REPUBLIC — ANAKIN SKYWALKER, COUNT DOOKU, DARTH MAUL, GENERAL GRIEVOUS, JANGO FETT, OBI-WAN KENOBI, PADME AMIDALA, QUI-GON JINN & SPECIAL.
    224 PGS./Rated T …$34.99

MARVEL PORTFOLIO: JOE QUESADA
    Art by JOE QUESADA
    Cover by JOE QUESADA
    Legendary creator and artist Joe Quesada has left an indelible mark on comics from Amazing Spider-Man to Daredevil and more! Now, Marvel proudly presents 12 gorgeous, full-color reproductions of some of his most iconic works from the House of Ideas — all in a stunning hardcover case.
    12 PGS./Rated T+…$50.00

Astonishing Member

From the Marvel Solicitations of October:
    MARVEL MASTERS OF SUSPENSE: STAN LEE & STEVE DITKO OMNIBUS VOL. 2 will be another book to add to my wishlist of Collected Editions.

I definitely want that The Twelve omni - but it's a long time until Feb. 2020!

Mighty Member

The Twelve omni looks really good - contains the so-far uncollected Cable 71, 72 and all the contents of the trades The Shattering, X-Men vs Apocalypse v1-2, and Powerless, except it's missing Search for Cyclops 1-4.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    From the Marvel Solicitations of October:
    MARVEL MASTERS OF SUSPENSE: STAN LEE & STEVE DITKO OMNIBUS VOL. 2 will be another book to add to my wishlist of Collected Editions.
    I'm with you however I'm not too happy about buying the Amazing fantasy issues again as I already have the omnibus and I still have to check the Monsterbus editions? Still it is welcome news as I love the Pre-hero collections.
    Hail Hydra!

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    A Marvel Masterworks: Dazzler Vol. 1 on its way:

https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9781302922122/
    Oooh, I only own one MMW volume - Deathlok - but I love this Dazzler series. This will be very tempting and very expensive.

I was a big 90s X-Men guy, I think The Twelve is where I stopped reading. Might buy this for the nostalgia trip, and to bookend my 90s X-Men collection.

Spectacular Member

How dark and cynical is Millar/Hitch Ultimates? Pretty darn?

Is X-Men: The Twelve as bad as Eve of Destruction?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

So with a few tie in issues per volume Dazzler could be done in 3 MMW volumes? Sound about right?

Then one big 47-50 issue Omni?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    How dark and cynical is Millar/Hitch Ultimates? Pretty darn?
    Yep. Everyone’s an a-hole, Betty Ross is constantly demeaning Bruce Banner and cheating on him, Jan and Hank’s relationship is super dysfunctional and abusive, and Cap is a jingoistic jerk (yet still the most heroic member). And their first villain is one of their own members, the Hulk, who keeps threatening(?) to eat people.

I was really surprised they’re reprinting it, because while the art is gorgeous, I can’t imagine it’s aged well. Even politically speaking it’s not very timely, as the corruption and human rights abuses of present day are completely different from the corruption and warmongering of the administration in power when the Ultimates came out. And of course the Ultimate universe is gone. So other than being a whale, I’m not sure what synergy (if any) they’re looking to tap into.

It IS gorgeous, though.
    Last edited by The Lucky One; 07-26-2019 at 06:51 AM.

I assumed the MCU.

It's big and bombastic, and I think it's fun, though The Lucky One accurately depicted some of it's downfalls.