Page 333 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 2332833233293303313323333343353363373433834338331333 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,995 of 20754
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Whoa, what printing error in Fraction, Vol. 2?
    Wasn't there a page in one of the three volumes - I think it was 2 but not sure- where a page was printed with just blank speech bubbles or was just completely blank or something? I'm pretty sure I remember seeing something on the forum a while time ago (quite a while ago tbh). Was this actually a thing or is my brain just making up interesting excuses for me to stop spending money?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I also read the intro/forward and that alone got me excited. I've not dug into the actual contents yet. I sadly had a "page cutting" error that I've emailed IST about. The fact the variant cover is sold out is problematic but perhaps they can still get some more. Hoping Marvel has some in a warehouse somewhere that IST can get me a replacement copy.
    What I've done in the past is ask for a replacement with the regular cover and simply swap dust jackets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben11345 View Post
    Wasn't there a page in one of the three volumes - I think it was 2 but not sure- where a page was printed with just blank speech bubbles or was just completely blank or something? I'm pretty sure I remember seeing something on the forum a while time ago (quite a while ago tbh). Was this actually a thing or is my brain just making up interesting excuses for me to stop spending money?
    It is blank bubbles, yeah. I think they're blue or something. I have it. It's been a while so I'd have to look it up. I don't know if it was all printings or think there's a reprint of it on the horizon.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    The full list of 50 titles:

#50 REALM OF KINGS
    #49 AVENGERS BY ROGER STERN VOLUME 1
    #48 SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN VOLUME #1 (1977)
    #47 WOLVERINE (1988) VOLUME #3 (13pxWolverine #31-57, Marvel Comics Presents #62-71, 85-92, Wolverine: Bloodlust, Fantastic Four #347-349, Spider-Man #8-12, Wolverine Bloody Choices)
    #46 SENSATIONAL SHE HULK BY JOHN BYRNE
    #45 AVENGERS WEST COAST (COMPLETING THE SERIES #63-102, ANNUALS)
    #44 TIE PUNISHER (1980'S SERIES VOLUME 1)
    #44 TIE KILLRAVEN
    #43 IRON MAN VOLUME 3 (SILVER AGE #26-67)
    #42 MARVEL HORROR (TOWER OF SHADOWS, ETC)
    #41 DEFENDERS
    #40 CAPTAIN MARVEL VOLUME 1
    #39 IRON MAN BY MATT FRACTION VOLUME 3 500-527
    #38 TIE X-FACTOR BY PETER DAVID (1990'S SERIES)
    #38 TIE CONAN THE BARBARIAN VOLUME 1
    #37 DAREDEVIL SILVER AGE VOLUME #1
    #36 SILVER SURFER BY STEVE ENGLEHART
    #35 NAMOR THE SUB-MARINER by JOHN BYRNE
    #34 BLACK PANTHER by CHRISTOPHER PRIEST
    #33 DAREDEVIL BY MARK WAID
    #32 MIRACLEMAN
    #31 X-FORCE VOLUME 2
    #30 X-FACTOR (2008) BY PETER DAVID
    #29 WARLOCK (1978)
    #28 DR. STRANGE BY ROGER STERN
    #27 WOLVERINE VOLUME 2
    #26 GENERATION X VOLUME 1
    #25 ROM, Vol. 1
    #24 Moon Knight by Doug Moench
    #23 Daredevil by Nocenti, Vol. 1
    #22 Incredible Hulk, Vol. 2
    #21 The Mighty Thor Omnibus, Vol. 3
    #20 New Warriors, Vol. 2
    #19 Thunderbolts, Vol. 1
    #18 Journey Into Mystery by Gillen
    #17 Ghost Rider (1973)
    #16 X-Men: Mutant Massacre Aftermath AKA Old Soldiers AKA Before the Fall AKA omg plug this gap please
    #15 TIE ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN VOLUME 2
    #15 TIE PUNISHER MAX BY ENNIS VOLUME 1
    #14 INFINITY WAR
    #13 X-FACTOR VOLUME 1
    #12 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN BY MICHELINIE
    #11 IRON MAN BY MICHELINIE VOLUME 2
    #10 AVENGERS BY JONATHAN HICKMAN
    #9 AVENGERS SILVER AGE VOLUME 3
    #8 FANTASTIC FOUR SILVER AGE VOLUME 4
    #7 EXCALIBUR VOLUME 1
    #6 NEW AVENGERS VOLUME 2
    #5 Alpha Flight, Vol. 1 AKA by John Byrne
    #4 The Incredible Hulk by Peter David, Vol. 1
    #3 Amazing Spider-Man, Vol. 3
    #2 The New Mutants, Vol. 1 AKA by Chris Claremont
    #1 Uncanny X-Men, Vol. 4 AKA by Claremont & Romita, Jr.
    These would be my potential buys.

Given how deep the reprint list is beginning to dig I can't believe they haven't hit Wolverine yet! I suppose that material is available in many different formats, but that's kind of the point - it's not common to get it all in one place.

Even the Premiere HCs and TPBs of Time Runs Out are in correct integrated order, so the OHC surely is as well. I think that actually amplifies the desire for the omnibus editions - the end of the run is already integrated and works well in that format, as does the Infinity period. Why can't we have the rest of it that way as well?

(At least, that's the only rational way I can explain wanting an Omnibus of something that was covered in OHC within the past year.)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I can't believe they haven't hit Punisher Ennis yet!
    I can't believe they haven't reprinted Silver Surfer and Bru's Cap yet!
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Fantastic Member

Uncanny X-Men by Fraction vol. 2 has a page near the end of Exodus one-shot where the panels are blue, but the speech bubbles are OK. It's like a layer got lost/corrupted in the prep process. So technically you can read it, but have to guess who is saying what. It's the page with Osborn's press conference after Utopia is formed so he's doing most/all of the talking IIRC.

Another Complete Collection that has a screw up is Wolverine by Aaron vol. 3 where instead of one page there's a duplicate of the next one in #4.

Both are errors that couldn't have happen to a random book, so the whole print must be affected and Marvel would have to do another, but they rarely do reprints of trades and it's not like there was a big talk about those errors, or any at all, at the time of those books' release. I bought Fraction's vol. 2 remaindered, but I don't think that means they realized the book was faulty and did another printing, and I was just unlucky in buying a wrong copy.

I have bought both original issues with the correct pages and might as well repair the books myself.

I just finished the Avengers vs Thanos tpb, (my first time with pre IG comsic material) to begin my epic read through of the Starlin Cosmic Universe; then continuing on to the rest of the Marvel Cosmic stories. It's a great read and leads in perfectly to the Infinity Gauntlet.

My read thru list:

Annihilation Classic HC
    Avengers vs Thanos tpb
    Infinity Gauntlet Omni (Using comic heralds reading order)
    IG Aftermath
    Infinity War tpb
    IW Aftermath
    Infinity Crusade vol 1
    IC vol 2
    Infinity Watch vol 2 tpb
    Thanos Cosmic Powers tpb (Should I skip this?)
    Infinity Abyss tpb
    Marvel The End of the Universe tpb
    Thanos Redemption tpb
    Annihilation Omni
    Annihilation Conquest Omni
    GotG A&L Omni
    Silent War tpb
    X-Men Deadly Genesis (Giant Sized Xmen OHC)
    WoK OHC (Will upgrade to omni this fall)
    RoK OHC
    The Thanos Imperative OHC (contained in GotG omni)
    Annihilators OHC (contained in GotG omni)
    Thanos Rising OHC
    Infinity
    Thanos: A god up there
    Deadpool vs Thanos
    Infinity Revelation
    Infinity Relativity
    Infinity Finale
    Time Runs Out
    Secret Wars

Phew.... so what do you guys think? Thanks to both Comic Book Herald and the mighty Crushing Krisis for their reading orders. Please let me know what you think I can skip or if I've put a series in the wrong place.

Holy moly, y'all said a lot of interesting things I want to chime in on in the past 12hrs. Before I dive in: I published the in-depth look at Omnibuses #45-40 from the survey on my blog. Trying to understand what the hell Killraven actually is about nearly did me in at 2am last night
    wow! thanks a lot!

curious about this one:
    #38 X-FACTOR BY PETER DAVID (1990'S SERIES)
    would you include the J. M. DeMatteis run?

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    I just finished the Avengers vs Thanos tpb, (my first time with pre IG comsic material) to begin my epic read through of the Starlin Cosmic Universe; then continuing on to the rest of the Marvel Cosmic stories. It's a great read and leads in perfectly to the Infinity Gauntlet.

My read thru list:

Annihilation Classic HC
    Avengers vs Thanos tpb
    Infinity Gauntlet Omni (Using comic heralds reading order)
    IG Aftermath
    Infinity War tpb
    IW Aftermath
    Infinity Crusade vol 1
    IC vol 2
    Infinity Watch vol 2 tpb
    Thanos Cosmic Powers tpb (Should I skip this?)
    Infinity Abyss tpb
    Marvel The End of the Universe tpb
    Thanos Redemption tpb
    Annihilation Omni
    Annihilation Conquest Omni
    GotG A&L Omni
    Silent War tpb
    X-Men Deadly Genesis (Giant Sized Xmen OHC)
    WoK OHC (Will upgrade to omni this fall)
    RoK OHC
    The Thanos Imperative OHC (contained in GotG omni)
    Annihilators OHC (contained in GotG omni)
    Thanos Rising OHC
    Infinity
    Thanos: A god up there
    Deadpool vs Thanos
    Infinity Revelation
    Infinity Relativity
    Infinity Finale
    Time Runs Out
    Secret Wars

Phew.... so what do you guys think? Thanks to both Comic Book Herald and the mighty Crushing Krisis for their reading orders. Please let me know what you think I can skip or if I've put a series in the wrong place.
    Thanks for posting this. I really, really want to do the same thing, and yours is almost the same as what I came up with. Some notes though:

- I think someone suggested the Inhumans' Secret Invasion mini as a prelude to Silent War and WoK.
    - I don't think you need the Annihilation Classic OHC if you have the Guardians Solo Omnibus along with the other books on your list (I think the only issue from it that would be omitted is Quasar #1, which is inconsequential). Just in case you have the omnibus.
    - I think the X-Men Rise & Fall of the Shi'ar stuff is going to be in the WoK omnibus (making that OHC redundant, incidentally). I don't know how important it is to the event as I haven't read it yet, but you may want to add it.
    - I think Annihilators: Earthfall is it's own series not contained in any of the above books? And I'm not sure if all of Annihilators is in the DnA GotG omnibus, or only backups? I'd love an answer on this.
    - There's a new Starlin Infinity book coming out the first week of July called The Infinity Entity.
    - There's that Nova series circa Annihilation & WoK. Seems vol 3, 4, and 6 aren't collected anywhere else. I don't know how much you'd consider this "main" or "side" stuff, though.

Anyway I think that covers up to Marvel Now (and the directly Thanos-related stuff beyond). Marvel Now is when it gets out of hand with tons of Guardians books and solo series, stuff like Drax and Angela and a new Nova, and that's where I give up trying to read it all. I

I too would love to hear opinions on if the Thanos Cosmic Powers tpb is worth bothering with or is better skipped!

Oh any thoughts on that classic Star Lord: Guardian of the Galaxy trade?

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I really, really want to do the same thing, and yours is almost the same as what I came up with. Some notes though:

- I think someone suggested the Inhumans' Secret Invasion mini as a prelude to Silent War and WoK.
    -
    I've heard a lot of talk that this is somewhat crucial to the story. Will it be in the WoK omni? Has it been collected in an OHC previous? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I've heard a lot of talk that this is somewhat crucial to the story. Will it be in the WoK omni? Has it been collected in an OHC previous? Thanks in advance.
    I like it, but it's honestly not SUPER crucial. I can't even remember it being mentioned. It's not in OHC at all as far as I know.

Also, I think you asked earlier about reading Guardians before WoK. I would say no. Read the first few issues up until what's covered in WoK then close the GotG. Then jump into the war of Kings Omni. WoK is such a fun story you don't want it's plot points ruined by a tie in.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Astonishing Member

Don't know if it was already mentioned but I am happy that the Marvel Masterworks: Captain Marvel Vol #6 has finally come out, thus completing my hardcover collection of all of his adventures. Any cosmic list would be remiss without having (Mar-Vell's) adventures on it. Starlin's iconic run featuring the Captain taking down a cosmic cube powered Thanos, as well as the final arc of the regular season which featured Marvell and Drax going up against the disciples of Thanos after Thanos demise via Soul Gem via Adam Warlock. Mar-vell has been seen as a ghost or from another dimension or just a plain ole red herring but has never truly been resurrected so this issue marks the end of his adventures. The name has been passed around quite a bit but for me the "true" Captain Marvel (at least as far as Marvel comics is concerned) is Mar-vell! When I think cosmic Marvel comics Captain Marvel tops the list (the DnA run comes in 2nd & and Starlin's non Mar-vell stuff comes in third). This collection contains some of Pat Broderick's best artwork ever (his Captain Marvel vs Drax scenes are some of his best). The only work that immediately jumps to mind is his work on Green Lantern decades later.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    I like it, but it's honestly not SUPER crucial. I can't even remember it being mentioned. It's not in OHC at all as far as I know.

Also, I think you asked earlier about reading Guardians before WoK. I would say no. Read the first few issues up until what's covered in WoK then close the GotG. Then jump into the war of Kings Omni. WoK is such a fun story you don't want it's plot points ruined by a tie in.
    Hey thanks for your insight on both questions, particularly the one about guardians and the reading order. I guess I'll wait until mid-October to start reading it then.

Do the Complete Collection TPB's get reprinted? It looks like Slott's She-Hulk Vol 1 has sold out. So if anyone is looking for a copy under cover it may be time to get on it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post

- I don't think you need the Annihilation Classic OHC if you have the Guardians Solo Omnibus along with the other books on your list (I think the only issue from it that would be omitted is Quasar #1, which is inconsequential). Just in case you have the omnibus.
    - I think the X-Men Rise & Fall of the Shi'ar stuff is going to be in the WoK omnibus (making that OHC redundant, incidentally). I don't know how important it is to the event as I haven't read it yet, but you may want to add it.
    - I think Annihilators: Earthfall is it's own series not contained in any of the above books? And I'm not sure if all of Annihilators is in the DnA GotG omnibus, or only backups? I'd love an answer on this.
    - There's a new Starlin Infinity book coming out the first week of July called The Infinity Entity.
    - There's that Nova series circa Annihilation & WoK. Seems vol 3, 4, and 6 aren't collected anywhere else. I don't know how much you'd consider this "main" or "side" stuff, though.

Anyway I think that covers up to Marvel Now (and the directly Thanos-related stuff beyond). Marvel Now is when it gets out of hand with tons of Guardians books and solo series, stuff like Drax and Angela and a new Nova, and that's where I give up trying to read it all. I

I too would love to hear opinions on if the Thanos Cosmic Powers tpb is worth bothering with or is better skipped!

Oh any thoughts on that classic Star Lord: Guardian of the Galaxy trade?
    Yes the Vulcan/X-men stuff is important to the overall story and the only thing it looks like to be orphaned from the omnibus is Deadly Genesis, so if you don't hit that run until you have the omnibus you should be fine.
    Earthfall is not in any collection other than it's own TPB that I am aware of. I haven't read it so I can't comment on its relevance outside of featuring some cosmic characters.
    Only the backups are included in the GotG Omni. To get the Annihilators main story you need to pick up that OHC.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    wow! thanks a lot!

curious about this one:
    #38 X-FACTOR BY PETER DAVID (1990'S SERIES)
    would you include the J. M. DeMatteis run?
    I answered that question and learned A LOT about Conan in today's installment of #40-36 from Tigereye's Omnibus Survey!

Some fun facts I discovered:
    - Captain Marvel kept accruing more super-powers during his run (but really didn't start with any), which is now entirely collected by Masterworks straight through to his final appearance!
    - Roy Thomas wrote over 150 of the 275 issues of Conan The Barbarian, and a staggering 241 of those are sequentially collected
    - Early Daredevil issues were as lumpy as people make them out to be and had a plot where Foggy was so committed to pretending he was Daredevil that he commissioned his own suit
    - Stan Lee was upset about Steve Englehart scripting a Silver Surfer ongoing; Englehart scrapped his initial issue when he got permission to break Surfer free of earth (but it appeared in Marvel Fanfare as a prequel) and left the title when he didn't get permission to use Starlin's concepts (Starlin arrived two issues later to begin the run-up to Infinity Gauntlet)

Oh, and: I still have an obscene amount of information about X-Factor #71-110 committed to memory (the back half of which could use some collected love)
    Last edited by krisis; 06-08-2016 at 04:05 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!