Page 452 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 352402442448449450451452453454455456462502552952 ... LastLast
Results 6,766 to 6,780 of 20773
    Mighty Member

Not sure why he is so devisive. I mean sure, he's not "house" style marvel, but whatever. I've always liked his stuff, and his work on the new Champions series looks great.

I'll probably get the Brubaker omnibus. I stopped reading after Bendis left but I've heard good things. Plus, if I remember correctly, Bendis left DD in a place that would make the follow up interesting.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I'll probably get the Brubaker omnibus. I stopped reading after Bendis left but I've heard good things. Plus, if I remember correctly, Bendis left DD in a place that would make the follow up interesting.
    I just finished a read through from Smith to Brubaker, and Brubaker was far superior to Bendis IMO. Brubaker's handling of where Bendis left Murdock was a highlight of the read, very well handled.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Marvel needs to up their OHC game. 70+ titles in All New All Different Marvel and probably only a fraction will get OHC. Like ten series....which is a shame because some of the stuff that got lost in the mix has beautiful art made for big pages...
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    I'm stoked for the Daredevil by Brubaker/Lark reprints. I'd wait for both to be released to order them in one go, but if ASM Vol. 2 was any indicator, I might need to jump on these day one before they go OOP.

To be honest, I never really liked the Bendis volumes in omnibus format. I found the earlier OHCs (of which Vol. 1 was Smith/Quesada) much more appealing, even when they took more shelf space.

I might be biased (him being my paisano and all that) but I really really like the Ramos cover.
    It's not OOP. It's 50% off right now at IST, and other sites should be getting more stock.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Marvel needs to up their OHC game. 70+ titles in All New All Different Marvel and probably only a fraction will get OHC. Like ten series....which is a shame because some of the stuff that got lost in the mix has beautiful art made for big pages...
    Which books were you hoping would get OHC'd. For now that we got BP. I would like OML, Sam Cap, and Ultimates.

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    Which books were you hoping would get OHC'd. For now that we got BP. I would like OML, Sam Cap, and Ultimates.
    OML, Sam Cap, Steve Cap, Ultimates, Black Widow, AN Wolverine, daredevil (which will happen.) carnage, ironman, moon knight, punisher, powerman and ironfist, all spider titles.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Incredible Member

OML, Sam Cap, Steve Cap, Ultimates, Black Widow, AN Wolverine, daredevil (which will happen.) carnage, ironman, moon knight, punisher, powerman and ironfist, all spider titles.
    What I don't get is why Cap books aren't getting regular size HC. DC does it with their flagship characters, yet unless Bendis writes the book, Marvel don't publish HC's.

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    What I don't get is why Cap books aren't getting regular size HC. DC does it with their flagship characters, yet unless Bendis writes the book, Marvel don't publish HC's.
    I think Remender cap had small PHCs but I may be wrong. I'm hoping Marvel is doing what they do with Spider-man by taking Spencer's cap stuff to trade and then OHC. All depends on sales and critical acclaim. Just don't pull a guardians and do PHC then TPB then OHC then Omni. Because I want to be able to get the best presentation right away.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

It would have been nice to get the Edmonson/Noto Black Widow in OHC from the previous Marvel Now or ANM or ANMN series (they've lost me in the naming game).

Spectacular Member

I think Remender cap had small PHCs but I may be wrong. I'm hoping Marvel is doing what they do with Spider-man by taking Spencer's cap stuff to trade and then OHC. All depends on sales and critical acclaim. Just don't pull a guardians and do PHC then TPB then OHC then Omni. Because I want to be able to get the best presentation right away.
    Yep. Remender Cap had their PHCs, which sadly I did buy and...sigh...read. The story would have been better represented on toilet paper....or not at all. Art was good, but man was that story awful. Like a sick brutal movie on drugs, not like the gold espionage/action/conspiracy flick that Brubaker was.

I dont think you can critisize it simply cos it took a different direction to Brubakers run. Using Cap to tell a pulpy sci-fi story isnt a bad thing in and off itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Suriel View Post
    Yep. Remender Cap had their PHCs, which sadly I did buy and...sigh...read. The story would have been better represented on toilet paper....or not at all. Art was good, but man was that story awful. Like a sick brutal movie on drugs, not like the gold espionage/action/conspiracy flick that Brubaker was.
    From what I've read of his 70's it was very Kirby esque just told in a modern way, aka more blood and violence. Wasn't a fan of it but as Dark-Flux said just because it's a different direction it's not necessarily bad. Although it wasn't good either.

My biggest ohc dream is the Slott Surfer. I would also love a Moon knight ohc for the Ellis issues, not sure about Wood and whoever else took over after him but I would give it a shot just to have the Ellis-Shalvey run in ohc.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    I dont think you can critisize it simply cos it took a different direction to Brubakers run. Using Cap to tell a pulpy sci-fi story isnt a bad thing in and off itself.
    Yep. Might be. Everybody sees things differently. As I am entitled to my own opinion and since I don't live in a world where I am lectured what I can write and what is off limits, I can critisize it on every aspect all day long FOR ME, it was crap, because of the lack of plot. FOR ME, in essence it was a brutal fest and a whole crapload of bad ideas with even worse implementation. And I am ashamed that I stayed on in the end to read it all. I wrote a whole thread about this here somewhere for the interested. If storytelling in comics is all about inflicting injuries nobody can survive, hey, then this could be the story you are looking for. I might suggest to look into Aarons Wolverine Omni too, as the first story and the last will give you pleasure beyond believe.
    I expect a lot more than just shockers from a story. Brubaker delivered here in MY opinion very well, because personally I was hooked and couldn't stop reading.
    But the original question was, if there are PMCs of his Cap? Answer: Yes there are.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    My biggest ohc dream is the Slott Surfer. I would also love a Moon knight ohc for the Ellis issues, not sure about Wood and whoever else took over after him but I would give it a shot just to have the Ellis-Shalvey run in ohc.
    Both true, that Ellis MK run is one of the very few teeny floppy trades I own.