Page 933 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 4338338839239299309319329339349359369379439831033 ... LastLast
Results 13,981 to 13,995 of 20767
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    Looks like IST got more of the DM cover of the Thanos infinity origins omnibus, get on that.

https://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Mar...mer)/OCT181004
    Well, that was there for all of a light second.

All-New Member

@TurtleDog
    First, thanks for the updates. Really appreciate these.
    Second, I think your list is missing the X-Men revolution omnibus

Quote Originally Posted by TheTurtleDog View Post
    The solicitation is pretty sparse. This may not be a Marvel omnibus but I'm leaving it here until we know for sure.
    Tarzan Omnibus is definitely not a Marvel Omnibus.

It has been a very long time since I posted in this forum (probably 5 years, at least), but I'm getting back into Omnibus collecting and just wanted to say hello!

I'm a 31-year old graphic designer, married with a baby, and in the process of building a house. I've been collecting comics since around high school. The Ultimate Universe OHC's were really the thing that really got me into the hobby in a big way.

One of my goals this year was to pare down my collection and update most everything to hardcover. I had a lot of duplicates and mixed-formats for certain runs, as well as having collected a lot of random books over the years that I realized I didn't really want (often just nabbing something because it was a good deal, not because it was something I really loved and wanted in my collection).

I'm focusing on a well-curated collection of stuff that I personally love, and it has been really refreshing and fun to re-organize everything.

Here's a photo of my modest collection-- the black shelf on the left is stuff that I'm keeping, and the brown shelf on the right is all of the stuff I'm getting rid of or updating to a new format.

TD_Comics.jpg

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Welcome back. Congrats on the big family changes.

I'm interested in what called you back. Did a series in particular get you interested again?
    I'd still been picking up books here and there, but it was probably the Miles Morales Omnibus that really kickstarted me into really evaluating my collection from the ground up.

Since I own all of USM in OHC, I knew I wanted to get the Miles one-- I just didn't expect it to go out of print so fast! So since I missed my window, I started looking into getting the trades/ultimate collections instead, and that really got me thinking about how much I prefer hardcover. Which then got me making a list of updates I wanted to make, which then kinda snowballed into inventorying/re-reading/re-evaluting my entire collection. Which was definitely a good thing because of how little shelf space I have in my apartment right now.

My first big steps on that front have been selling my 3 New X-Men hardcovers as well as all of my Daredevil paperbacks. My two Waid/Samnee Omnibus volumes showed up yesterday, and my Frank Miller and New X-Men Omnibus books are in the mail! I, like so many others, am banking on an eventual Bendis/Maleev Omnibus reprint, but part of this process is recognizing I just need to be patient. I'd rather hold off on having that run in my collection for now, until I can get it in the format I prefer.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by cbmason View Post
    @TurtleDog
    First, thanks for the updates. Really appreciate these.
    Second, I think your list is missing the X-Men revolution omnibus
    Thanks. I have added it and it will be in my next update

Spectacular Member

I believe you are correct. The solicitation I found had no publisher listed but others have listed Dynamite. (Replying to Raffi)

Quote Originally Posted by T.D. View Post
    It has been a very long time since I posted in this forum (probably 5 years, at least), but I'm getting back into Omnibus collecting and just wanted to say hello!

I'm a 31-year old graphic designer, married with a baby, and in the process of building a house. I've been collecting comics since around high school. The Ultimate Universe OHC's were really the thing that really got me into the hobby in a big way.

One of my goals this year was to pare down my collection and update most everything to hardcover. I had a lot of duplicates and mixed-formats for certain runs, as well as having collected a lot of random books over the years that I realized I didn't really want (often just nabbing something because it was a good deal, not because it was something I really loved and wanted in my collection).

I'm focusing on a well-curated collection of stuff that I personally love, and it has been really refreshing and fun to re-organize everything.

Here's a photo of my modest collection-- the black shelf on the left is stuff that I'm keeping, and the brown shelf on the right is all of the stuff I'm getting rid of or updating to a new format.

TD_Comics.jpg
    Welcome back into the Omnibus fold. A very nice collection you have there. Are those B&N collections you have on the top row? Personally, I would think twice about getting rid of the Untold Tales of Spider-Man Omnibus. It pairs very nicely with the ASM Vol. 1 Omnibus. It's OOP at the moment and will probably be worth more come the upcoming Spidey movie and the following ones. All the best regarding the housebuilding.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:21 PM.

Incredible Member

Just finished flipping through the Thanos Wars Omni and have to say what a beautiful book. Binding, paper, design, reproduction and extras all just top notch. I'm glad I decided to pick it up despite the triple dip on most of it. Only thing I have that isn't sunshine and rainbows is the font they use for captions in the extras section is a bit difficult to read especially on the starry background design used.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Thanks for the list of OOP and low stock titles!

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Just finished flipping through the Thanos Wars Omni and have to say what a beautiful book. Binding, paper, design, reproduction and extras all just top notch. I'm glad I decided to pick it up despite the triple dip on most of it. Only thing I have that isn't sunshine and rainbows is the font they use for captions in the extras section is a bit difficult to read especially on the starry background design used.
    Is it worth picking this up if you don't have Infinity Gauntlet or War?

I like the idea of this omnibus, but without IG & IW, seems like it would be "unfinished" on my shelf.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Is it worth picking this up if you don't have Infinity Gauntlet or War?

I like the idea of this omnibus, but without IG & IW, seems like it would be "unfinished" on my shelf.
    Depends on your idea of "unfinished." Yes Thanos comes back later but this tells a complete story with definite closure. These are some of my all time favorite comics hence the multiple copies in premium format. The Death of Captain Marvel is possibly the most powerful and emotionally moving comic I have read. Plus they not only introduce Thanos but also the Gems and the Titans. There is also some Cosmic Cube action thrown in for good measure; all wrapped in gorgeous Starlin art. If you like Adam Warlock this is where he is established as he is still portrayed to this day.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

BANNED

I need the second collected edition of Mutant X.