Page 866 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 3667668168568628638648658668678688698708769169661366 ... LastLast
Results 12,976 to 12,990 of 20730
    Incredible Member

Has anyone bought the Behold Galactus oversized hardcover? I was wondering how the reproduction looked blown up that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Gary Friedrich of Ghost Rider lawsuit fame has passed away from Parkinsons Disease at age 75

Rest in Peace sir.

Now, not sound disrespectful(cause that is not my intent), how long before Marvel starts cranking out Johnny Blaze MMW, Epics and/or Omnis?
    Speculation has been that his lawsuit and the settlement of it were tied to the material not being produced. Assumption being royalties paid to him were the hangup from the settled lawsuit. Would his estate not be entitled to any monies? Surely he knew, due to the Parkinsons, that he was on borrowed time and the settlement would include for that.
    While they were totally forgettable, how did they deal with this during the Ghost Rider movies with Nick Cage back in the day? Maybe since it was movies, there was a totally separate revenue sharing deal with that. I dunno.

Man, two in one day. Ditko a few weeks ago. Hopefully all these greats had nice long, fulfilling lives, even with illness in old age. Rest in peace.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Aaaaannnnddd this week's Amazing Spider-Man: Venom Epic Collection is printed on toilet paper as well...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:33 PM.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Has anyone bought the Behold Galactus oversized hardcover? I was wondering how the reproduction looked blown up that much.
    I almost bought this when I ordered the Byrne FF V1 Omni on Tuesday night.

The size is ridiculous though...which is kind of why I want it, but not sure where it would fit on my bookshelf.

I was considering the book, but than starting thinking about how would it be shipped if other books also got
    ordered and finally (after going back and fourth two days) settled on just getting the two Fantastic Four Omnibuses.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    The pages by the king Kirby look great, and it's not a surprise. Flipping through them reminded me the reading experience of the marvellous Maximum Fantastic Four (http://ripjaggerdojo.blogspot.com/20...um-ff.html?m=1). I guess that the colours make it different than reading an Artist Edition. And Kirby's photomontage never looked so great.

Not a surprise also the pages by Byrne are absolutely gorgeous reproduced in such a format. I already love that book as much as the artist edition of Byrne's FF.

Last but not least Buscema's art really benefits from the size too : it kinda made me rediscover how dynamic his panels and pages are, how intense the faces of the characters. Gorgeous.

The book is so big and heavy that the reading is also quite hilarious. I love it.
    Last edited by Abe; 09-02-2018 at 04:32 AM.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Aaaaannnnddd this week's Amazing Spider-Man: Venom Epic Collection is printed on toilet paper as well...
    I've heard the recent Cloak & Dagger: Predator & Prey TPB is another bad quality product.

Btw, my Daredevil Epic Collection Root of Evil arrived and disappointingly it has the badly printed spine (part of the front cover) and curled up edges. I was expecting this as I'd read about the incredibly bad quality but one had hope

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I've heard the recent Cloak & Dagger: Predator & Prey TPB is another bad quality product.

Btw, my Daredevil Epic Collection Root of Evil arrived and disappointingly it has the badly printed spine (part of the front cover) and curled up edges. I was expecting this as I'd read about the incredibly bad quality but one had hope
    Sounds like this is what we have to look forward to from this line here on out.

Most had always talked about the quality of the line before that recent Daredevil release.

Savage Sword of Conan: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus vol. 1 Dell’Otto Cover:

SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS OMNIBUS VOL. 1 VALLEJO COVER (DM ONLY):

Can't wait to get this when Marvel does a clearance
    We need better comics

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    The pages by the king Kirby looks great, and it's not a surprise. Flipping through them reminded me the reading experience of the marvellous Maximum Fantastic Four (http://ripjaggerdojo.blogspot.com/20...um-ff.html?m=1). I guess the the colours makes it different than reading an Artist Edition. And Kirby's photomontage never looked so great.

Not a surprise also the pages by Byrne are absolutely gorgeous reproduced in such a format. I already love that book as much as the artist edition of Byrne's FF.

Last but not least Buscema's art really benefits from the size too : it kinda made me rediscover how dynamic his panels and pages are, how intense the faces of the characters. Gorgeous.

The book is so big and heavy that the reading is also quite hilarious. I love it.
    I have on preorder. Looking forward to it! As Graphic Autist notes, finding a spot for
    it will be challenging.

Just how big is the Fantastic Four book and how does it arrive to ones door?
    I don't want to see this giant book in the middle of my street when I arrive home from work and need a
    Bat-Magnet to open the darn thing

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post

Most had always talked about the quality of the line before that recent Daredevil release.
    Yeah, this sucks. I haven’t bought any epics this year but I was looking forward to the PAD Hulk and 3rd Moon Knight volume early next year.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post

The New Warriors trade is the same; 3 for 3 last week. *Sigh*

I could probably rationalize the drop in quality if the price point had dropped as well, but no. Instead, it looks like $39.99 is the going rate from here on out, as none of the solicited Epic Collections are at $34.99...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    The New Warriors trade is the same; 3 for 3 last week. *Sigh*

I could probably rationalize the drop in quality if the price point had dropped as well, but no. Instead, it looks like $39.99 is the going rate from here on out, as none of the solicited Epic Collections are at $34.99...
    Is it the New Warriors trade that's the continuation of the omnibus? If so I might just wait for a bargain bin deal with that.