Page 911 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 4118118619019079089099109119129139149159219611011 ... LastLast
Results 13,651 to 13,665 of 20773
    Extraordinary Member

I have my eye on the Silver Surfer omnibus. I loved that run.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Looking forward to this Omnibus.Never read any of those stories but i am intrigued to read those stories illustrated by Steve Dikto.

I will be buying already Marvels:Annotated in Floppys starting next month,otherwise i would get this Marvels HC edition.
    I’ll definitely be picking up both of these books. Humongous Alex Ross artwork? Yes please!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    I wish they’d go ahead and continue printing more copies of that Amazing Spider-Man Volume 3 Omnibus instead.. insane how underprinted some of these are.
    There are lots of books I wished I grabbed when they hung around for some time
    I have to imagine The Silver Age Avengers Omnibus vol.1 is high on Marvels to do list

Extraordinary Member

Where do people in Canada purchase their books? I went to Indigo/Chapters, but the prices are steep.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Where do people in Canada purchase their books? I went to Indigo/Chapters, but the prices are steep.
    I'm looking for an answer myself. Back in the day, when the dollars were at par, we could get a deep discount on everything off of Amazon. Now not only are cover prices higher for the exchange rate but the discounts are total garbage.
    Miller was right.

Incredible Member

Are you talking about in store? I buy from Indigo on line rather than in the store and the prices are ok. Typically discounts will be anywhere from 20-40% off cover. Every once in a while there will be a buy 2 get one free sale or buy one get one 50% off. They also do plum points which is worth it if you buy books when they have 10x points sale. Eventually with enough points you get 100 off. There is also a 10% code a lot of times. They are harder to find now but I still find them most times. The prices can fluctuate also so a book with a 10% discount one week might be 35% another.
    Nothing is as good as buying in the States when you live there but with discounts/sales, you can do ok.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    I’ll definitely be picking up both of these books. Humongous Alex Ross artwork? Yes please!
    The Marvels Monster Sized HC does look great,but to me thats a HC that for now i am going to skip.
    I will be rather buying the Marvels:Annotated limited series.That i have already pre ordered.
    Marvels:Annotated will have 104 pages for at least the first three chapters as can be seen in the Marvel solicitations.I guess the fourth chapter of Marvels will have the same pages as well.So this new limited series of Marvels wil have lots of Extras that i am looking forward to.

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

I buy all my books from Chapters online during Buy 2 get 1 free sales. Some of my recent big purchases were the Avengers by Jonathan Hickman Omnibus v1 for $64 and Uncanny X-Men Omnibus v1 for $48. I think those deals are very good so I've been happy with Chapters.

All-New Member

How about Marvel skips another reprint of ASM Vol. 1 and reprints Bendis-Daredevil for pete's sake. I know this is a dead horse, but damn if every time I see a reprint and it isn't Daredevil my soul dies a little bit inside.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    I buy all my books from Chapters online during Buy 2 get 1 free sales. Some of my recent big purchases were the Avengers by Jonathan Hickman Omnibus v1 for $64 and Uncanny X-Men Omnibus v1 for $48. I think those deals are very good so I've been happy with Chapters.
    Thanks. Their online prices are as you say far better.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Are you talking about in store? I buy from Indigo on line rather than in the store and the prices are ok. Typically discounts will be anywhere from 20-40% off cover. Every once in a while there will be a buy 2 get one free sale or buy one get one 50% off. They also do plum points which is worth it if you buy books when they have 10x points sale. Eventually with enough points you get 100 off. There is also a 10% code a lot of times. They are harder to find now but I still find them most times. The prices can fluctuate also so a book with a 10% discount one week might be 35% another.
    Nothing is as good as buying in the States when you live there but with discounts/sales, you can do ok.
    When I go to the U.S, I might do a splurge of books. Saying that, it will add to my baggage aha.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    I'm looking for an answer myself. Back in the day, when the dollars were at par, we could get a deep discount on everything off of Amazon. Now not only are cover prices higher for the exchange rate but the discounts are total garbage.
    Some comic stores I've visited charge U.S prices which is good for me with the £.

Extraordinary Member

Sorry for the spam! Idon't know how to multiquote.

Just pre-ordered the Hickman/Starlin Infinity omnibus. I actually own the gauntlet omnibus and so I am not sure if I will keep it. Amazon have a decent price on it, so we will see. I know from a rational point it makes no economic sense.

Quote Originally Posted by biakabo View Post
    How about Marvel skips another reprint of ASM Vol. 1 and reprints Bendis-Daredevil for pete's sake. I know this is a dead horse, but damn if every time I see a reprint and it isn't Daredevil my soul dies a little bit inside.
    I'd be up for these.

I want the Brubaker Captain America Omnibus
    I read the single issues and thought both writing and art was spectacular.