Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    I think (could be wrong) this omnibus has replaced the aforementioned X-Men OHC. I don't think they're putting them both out at the approx same time.
    That would make a lot of sense. X-Men by Hickman is ending, and maybe they wouldn't have material for a second ohc. Also including giant size is great

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guthwulf View Post
    That would make a lot of sense. X-Men by Hickman is ending, and maybe they wouldn't have material for a second ohc. Also including giant size is great
    Wait, X-men is ending? Hickman's story doesn't even seem like it's gotten out of the first act. Is he going to write other books? I understand Duggan is starting a new X book.

I believe that Duggan X-Men book replaces Hickman’s. Hickman has a new yet-to-be-revealed X-book launching in September. His whole overarching story continues throughout the X-line.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    I believe that Duggan X-Men book replaces Hickman’s. Hickman has a new yet-to-be-revealed X-book launching in September. His whole overarching story continues throughout the X-line.
    Thanks. So #21 is the last issue of the current run?
    Last edited by newparisian; 04-17-2021 at 04:56 PM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Thanks. So #21 is the last issue of the current run?
    Yeah and then it will be relaunched with a new #1 by Duggan and in September Hickman has a secret X-Men title starting up

Incredible Member

22 issues for only $75? Appreciate the restraint, Marvel lol

Also as predicted the omni isn't collecting HOX/POX or XOS, so I guess it's time to pick up those OHCs.
    Sigh, which oversized hardcovers exactly are we going to need for these other stories? Is it just the already released House of X/Powers of X OHC and the upcoming X of Swords OHC? Or did they release more? Wish they would’ve been included in the omnibus. Canadian pricing is going to suck hard.
    Last edited by TheTemp; 04-18-2021 at 10:19 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Sigh, which oversized hardcovers exactly are we going to need for these other stories? Is it just the already released House of X/Powers of X OHC and the upcoming X of Swords OHC? Or did they release more? Wish they would’ve been included in the omnibus. Canadian pricing is going to suck hard.
    To get the full picture of this phase of Hickman's run, yes you should only need this omni, the HoX/PoX OHC and XoS OHC.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Only hox/pox and X of swords. I guess the reason is that those two events affect all the series, not just x-men. So the ohcs they are collecting don't include the events

Incredible Member

So just to be up to date: Thunderbolts and Stern Spidey omnis are coming out on 4/20, and Untold Spidey and Laura Wolvie are out on 4/27, correct?

So just to be up to date: Thunderbolts and Stern Spidey omnis are coming out on 4/20, and Untold Spidey and Laura Wolvie are out on 4/27, correct?
    Tbolts and Stern on 4/20, Untold on 4/27 and then the Laura omni on 5/4

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Anybody have any advice for ordering a book on Amazon? Every time I order from them I get bent corners because the book just bounces around in a box too big for the book with no padding whatsoever.

Is there a way to tell them to pack it safely?

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    No. If we could get packaging that was safe, we would be glad to order from Amazon, instead of dreading it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Thanks.
    Gonna be an expensive Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Anybody have any advice for ordering a book on Amazon? Every time I order from them I get bent corners because the book just bounces around in a box too big for the book with no padding whatsoever.

This is anecdotal but, when I’ve had books packed with other items the air packs didn’t pop and the contents didn’t get beat up.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Nvm ignore this.
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 04-18-2021 at 11:30 PM.