Page 671 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1715716216616676686696706716726736746756817217711171 ... LastLast
Results 10,051 to 10,065 of 20773

So I've been slowly collecting the major Marvel event runs from the last decade in order to do a Disassembled - Siege run. I think I've about hit all the big points but was wondering if there's anything significant I'm missing. I'm light on Xmen titles but how they fit to the main Avengers-centric run is somewhat confusing to me. This is what I have so far:

Secret War tpb
    New Avengers by Bendis Omni (Disassembled included)
    New Avengers OHC vol 4-7
    Mighty Avengers OHC vol 1-3
    House of M tpb
    Xmen Decimation The Day After tpb
    Annihilation Omni
    Annihilation Conquest Omni
    Road to Civil War tpb
    Civil War OHC
    Messiah Complex OHC
    Xmen Second Coming Revelations OHC
    Dark Avengers OHC
    Avengers/Xmen Utopia tpb
    Rise and Fall of Shiar Empire tpb
    Secret Invasion OHC
    Secret Invasion Frontline tpb
    Secret Invasion Captain Marvel tpb
    Prelude WOK omni
    WOK omni
    Realm of Kings omni
    Siege OHC
    Siege Battlefield HC
    Secret Warriors omni
    Planet Hulk and WW Hulk Omnis (when released)

So am I missing anything important here? (Xmen, Iron Man Extremis, Civil War tie-ins?)

(I know I'm missing all the Bru Cap but I'm not trying to find those whales)

Thanks!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Yep. My Duggan Deadpool Omni literaly fell apart in my hands as soon as i took it out of the box. How do you let such a low quality product make it to market?
    Yeah, I was going to buy that omnibus until I heard of the production quality on it. Hopefully the word of mouth on these terrible builds continues to spread. Unacceptable for the retail price they stick on those things. Or for any price, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Yeah, I was going to buy that omnibus until I heard of the production quality on it. Hopefully the word of mouth on these terrible builds continues to spread. Unacceptable for the retail price they stick on those things. Or for any price, really.
    It may just be that some Omnis are too big for one volume. That book is massive. Perhaps cheaper methods show up in the bigger books.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master Hoplite View Post
    So I've been slowly collecting the major Marvel event runs from the last decade in order to do a Disassembled - Siege run. I think I've about hit all the big points but was wondering if there's anything significant I'm missing. I'm light on Xmen titles but how they fit to the main Avengers-centric run is somewhat confusing to me. This is what I have so far:

Secret War tpb
    New Avengers OHC vol 4-7
    House of M tpb
    Annihilation Omni
    Road to Civil War tpb
    Civil War OHC
    Messiah Complex OHC
    Dark Avengers OHC
    Avengers/Xmen Utopia tpb
    Secret Invasion OHC
    Prelude WOK omni
    WOK omni
    Realm of Kings omni
    Siege OHC
    Siege Battlefield HC
    Secret Warriors omni

So am I missing anything important here? (Xmen, Iron Man Extremis, Civil War tie-ins?)

Thanks!
    Wow - that's quite a few separate threads!
    (I have a very similar collection)

At first glance, you're got a full set for cosmic Marvel.
    I would say treat X-Men as a separate collection. You have HoM and Utopia which links into Avengers events, the rest up to Siege is quite self contained within the X-Titles.
    Avengers stuff looks complete from a team titles perspective, unless you want to get peripheral stuff like Initiative and Young Avengers.

If you are skipping Cpt America, you might be skipping Thor and Iron Man too? I would say Thor Omnibus is essential for spanning Disassembled to Siege. Iron Man by Fraction is also quite key during the Dark Reign up to Siege. I reckon those are more key to the events than the Captain America material. The recent Iron Man: Director of SHIELD tpb covers Iron Man from Civil War to Secret Invasion too.
    I would also recommend the Thunderbolts material from that era - all the Norman Osborn stuff by Ellis and Diggle. I loved it as it is a lead up to Dark Avengers OHC and then restructures into Osborn's black ops crew up to Siege.

Hulk isn't involved with Siege, but there is some good OHCs that run on from WWH if you're interested in continuing that line.

Hope that helps
    Last edited by jm21; 08-14-2017 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpg View Post
    Is there a link to a pic for the cover of the upcoming Avengers Omnibus vol 3? I've tried googling it but no luck.
    Only one I can find is in the Hachette cataologue here, on page 119. I'm guessing Marvel hasn't released the image yet, because it's not even showing up on the Amazon listing.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Default Marvel Collected Editions Sales Figures - July 2017

The complete estimated comic book sales figures for July 2017 are in (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond). I’ve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic, Ultimate and Complete lines that made the list, detailing the position, title and estimated sales.

34. Inhumans Vs. X-Men OHC - 1,644
    37. Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme Omnibus Vol. 1 - 1,536
    42. Deadpool Classic Vol. 18 Deadpool Vs. Marvel TPB - 1,433
    44. Fantastic Four Inhumans Atlantis Rising TPB - 1,405
    58. Marvel Masterworks Spectacular Spider-Man HC Vol. 1 - 1,302
    66. Avengers By Jonathan Hickman Omnibus Vol. 1 - 1,183
    67. Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collection Vol. 17: Kravens Last Hunt - 1,178 (reentry – June sales figure: 969)
    74. Star Wars Legends Epic Collection Vol. 2: The Original Marvel Years - 1,108
    79. Captain America Epic Collection Vol. 3: Bucky Reborn - 1,080
    95. Avengers Epic Collection Vol. 22: Operation Galactic Storm - 988
    123. Monsters Unleashed Monster Size OHC - 830
    137. Spider-Man Homecoming Art of Movie Slipcase OHC - 740
    159. Monsters Unleashed Battleground TPB - 630
    160. Steve Rogers Super Soldier Complete Collection - 621
    167. A-Z Marvel Monsters OHC - 584
    182. New Avengers By Bendis Complete Collection Vol. 6 - 538
    211. Spider-Man: The Complete Clone Saga Epic Vol. 5 - 458
    216. Captain America and the Avengers Complete Collection - 452

For the sake of comparison, DC Omnibus figures: Wonder Woman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 2 – 797; Adam Strange: The Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 1 - 619.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    34. Inhumans Vs. X-Men OHC - 1,644
    37. Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme Omnibus Vol. 1 - 1,536

58. Marvel Masterworks Spectacular Spider-Man HC Vol. 1 - 1,302
    66. Avengers By Jonathan Hickman Omnibus Vol. 1 - 1,183

123. Monsters Unleashed Monster Size OHC - 830
    For an event that had it's detractors IvX still sold a healthy 1,600 units
    Dr.Strange Sorcerer Supreme Omni has a very respectable number and bodes well for more of the Dr. material I'd think.
    I don't follow MMW sales, however, that Spectacular Spider-man vol.1 seems to be a healthy number....it is, yes?
    Avengers by Hickman seems low though. I suspect many just didn't upgrade from the OHC?
    Monsters Unleashed-MonsterSized is actually a higher number than I thought. Not a great number so I hope it discourages gimmicky items like that in the future. I got one and it's unwieldy.

As a side it seems the audience for DC's Golden Age fare is at a constant rate with WW right at 800 units, like so many of the others.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Really surprised that Dr. Strange outsold Hickman. Doesn't seem right based on IST's top 10 list and the chatter here on the board. Could there be some Aug overlap?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Really surprised that Dr. Strange outsold Hickman. Doesn't seem right based on IST's top 10 list and the chatter here on the board. Could there be some Aug overlap?
    Are these monthly counts based on when they were ordered or when they were shipped, I wonder? Cuz with IST, as an example, you could order Hickman's Avengers end of JULY and not have it shipped for week(s) later, then it could cross into the next month.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Without knowing for certain why the books were damaged I don't think it fair to attribute the damage to IST. Torn covers? I find it hard to believe IST packed and shipped something that had a torn cover that wouldn't already be listed as damaged.
    If you've ever bought 1 big OS book from them you are aware of the bomb proof nature of which IST packs books.
    The two books I've gotten from them that had damage were clearly a manufacturing issue and not a shipping one. Their customer service was second to none, way better than CheapGraphicNovels.

The consensus around here is they are the best. A few delays on shipping out books after sales or what have you but I find your account to be very unique.
    I mean...they've sent me multiple packages with Image TPBs specifically that were damaged- torn covers. One of the items also had a knife slash across the front (I assume whoever opened the carton from the publisher dug a little too deep with their box cutter). These were purchased as the non-damaged versions from their site.

They included the foam packaging even on my smaller orders, they weren't damaged in transit. In my case IST sent out books that were damaged. This might be due to someone picking from the damaged stock, but I definitely ordered from the non-damaged stuff and my e-mail invoice proves that much.

It is absolutely fair to say IST sent damaged books. I noticed this started around spring/early summer of 2016, which to my hazy recollection is around when IST started offering damaged stock at a further discount price.

Trades that were affected so far- this is across about three different orders: Outcast vol 3, Outcast vol 4, Black Science vol 5, Birthright vol 5 (this was the most recent one with a slash across the cover).

I just pick up these tpbs in a local comic shop now where I can see if they're messed up first.

I haven't had any Marvel production issues, but the only thing I recently ordered from IST that was Marvel was Hickman's Avengers omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Hoplite View Post

Secret War tpb
    New Avengers OHC vol 4-7
    House of M tpb
    Annihilation Omni
    Road to Civil War tpb
    Civil War OHC
    Messiah Complex OHC
    Dark Avengers OHC
    Avengers/Xmen Utopia tpb
    Secret Invasion OHC
    Prelude WOK omni
    WOK omni
    Realm of Kings omni
    Siege OHC
    Siege Battlefield HC
    Secret Warriors omni

Thanks!
    A few minor comments on the list, specifically your X-Men books:
    -The "X-Men: Second Coming: Revelations" OHC doesn't include the main Second Coming event. It's entirely tie-ins. You'll want the main X-Men: Second Coming book too. Though Second Coming technically takes place after Siege, but only just, and forms a nice book-end to the X-Men story in that time period.
    -I think Messiah War should be included (if you think of Messiah CompleX and Second Coming as the bookends of the mutant messiah story, then Messiah War is Part 2.)
    -Necrosha takes place immediately before Siege.

I believe these three books (Second Coming, Messiah War, Necrosha) are available as OHCs. Definitely HCs at least, according to Wikipedia.

Any other recommendations I have come after Siege, and if that's your line then I won't suggest more. If you wanted to go further, then you have a few more (Curse of the Mutants, Age of X, Schism/Regenesis, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Are these monthly counts based on when they were ordered or when they were shipped, I wonder? Cuz with IST, as an example, you could order Hickman's Avengers end of JULY and not have it shipped for week(s) later, then it could cross into the next month.
    They're based on what shipped to comic book retailers/shops in any given month.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Everyone waiting to see the Hickman vol.2 content?
    I bought vol. 1, but it's still in it's cellophane. If vol.2 just has the OHC content, I will stick with my OHC collection and sell vol.1!
    Vol.2 needs to have Avengers World

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    Everyone waiting to see the Hickman vol.2 content?
    I bought vol. 1, but it's still in it's cellophane. If vol.2 just has the OHC content, I will stick with my OHC collection and sell vol.1!
    Vol.2 needs to have Avengers World
    I absolutely agree. Having Avengers World in Vol. 2 would be fantastic.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    A few minor comments on the list, specifically your X-Men books:
    -The "X-Men: Second Coming: Revelations" OHC doesn't include the main Second Coming event. It's entirely tie-ins. You'll want the main X-Men: Second Coming book too. Though Second Coming technically takes place after Siege, but only just, and forms a nice book-end to the X-Men story in that time period.
    -I think Messiah War should be included (if you think of Messiah CompleX and Second Coming as the bookends of the mutant messiah story, then Messiah War is Part 2.)
    -Necrosha takes place immediately before Siege.

I believe these three books (Second Coming, Messiah War, Necrosha) are available as OHCs. Definitely HCs at least, according to Wikipedia.

Any other recommendations I have come after Siege, and if that's your line then I won't suggest more. If you wanted to go further, then you have a few more (Curse of the Mutants, Age of X, Schism/Regenesis, etc.)
    They are indeed OHCs, but they are OOP and relatively expensive.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?