Page 454 of 1383 FirstFirst ... 354404444450451452453454455456457458464504554954 ... LastLast
Results 6,796 to 6,810 of 20744
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    it's more likely they'll reprint mighty thor vol 1 and release vol 3. seems to be the pattern, they did it for x-men and now spider-man.
    That's what I'm hoping for.
    However, when IM3 came out we didn't get Invincible Iron Man vol.3 and when The Amazing Spider-man 2 came out we got the Stern ASM instead of ASMvol.3 (which we are now getting next year finally.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    What are the chances of Simonson's Thor Omnibus getting reprinted next year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    it's more likely they'll reprint mighty thor vol 1 and release vol 3. seems to be the pattern, they did it for x-men and now spider-man.
    I see Iron Fist's guess as likely. Simonson is possible and JMS highly unlikely.

If new material is done, then possibly A God of Thunder, or Thor by Aaron (all the pre secret wars stuff)

I'm just getting into classic Thor, having only read some 90's and 2010 and on stuff. Fun stuff.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

I'd rather we get a Jurgen's/JRJR omnibus(or 2)

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Never read any of Jurgens' run, but heard great things about it back in the day. I'd be down for that.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Based on issues with the plot, writing and/or art im guessing.
    All of the above!

I didn't feel Remember had a particularly strong grasp of Cap's voice.

I didn't think the plot, including aging Cap ten years, was especially interesting - even less so since then he was aged EVEN MORE to make way for FalCap. But, not just the Zola plot, but the ones that followed. They had no magic to them.

And, I think JRJR's art was mostly terrible, and that they were wasting good colorists trying to make it look good.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post

And, I think JRJR's art was mostly terrible, and that they were wasting good colorists trying to make it look good.
    JRJR is the Benjamin Button of artists.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Never read any of Jurgens' run, but heard great things about it back in the day. I'd be down for that.
    I read a few of them a few years ago. My buddy was a big fan though, and he and I agree on a lot. Ive been holding out on a collection for a long time

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    That's what I'm hoping for.
    However, when IM3 came out we didn't get Invincible Iron Man vol.3 and when The Amazing Spider-man 2 came out we got the Stern ASM instead of ASMvol.3 (which we are now getting next year finally.
    There were no vol 3's of any kind yet for classic material when those came out, and also the Iron Man material has a really poor reputation and none of the beloved classic creator names attached to it. Also, I don't think all the necessary Iron Man masterworks were done yet. A Thor vol 3 is Lee/Kirby, and FF, UXM, & ASM will now have received a vol 3 before it. I'm hopeful!

Simonson could very well happen with / instead of it, though.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Not sure why he is so devisive. I mean sure, he's not "house" style marvel, but whatever. I've always liked his stuff, and his work on the new Champions series looks great.
    Ramos's penciling isn't my favorite style of comic art, especially for Spider-Man. That said, it doesn't take away from my enjoyment from the title b/c his paneling and action sequences do a really good job of telling the story IMO, and he really seems to "get" Spider-Man as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    We talking about Thor here? It was fantastic (at the time) not too sure how it would read now. I have most he trades but would happily swap them out for a couple of Omnibus editions.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    This whole volume is highly underrated

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I'd rather have a reprint of the Simonson Omni, since I've never read it, bit I'd totally be down for a Jurgens/JRJR Omni.
    Cyclops was right

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I'd be up for Jurgen's Thor or Mighty Thor volume 3 or both.

Due to there being so much Thor that isn't collected, I'd rather something new over a reprint tbh.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    There were no vol 3's of any kind yet for classic material when those came out, and also the Iron Man material has a really poor reputation and none of the beloved classic creator names attached to it. Also, I don't think all the necessary Iron Man masterworks were done yet. A Thor vol 3 is Lee/Kirby, and FF, UXM, & ASM will now have received a vol 3 before it. I'm hopeful!

Simonson could very well happen with / instead of it, though.
    Hmm, hadn't considered that about there being no vol.3's of any other volumes at the time.
    If the IM MMW sold then I'd wager a collection of them making an Omni vol.3 for Iron Man would also sell. Sales might be somewhat depressed but probably only marginal.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Can I have '78 Spider-woman Omnibus already? :'(