Page 471 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 371421461467468469470471472473474475481521571971 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,065 of 20767
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    I actually found Hickman Avengers OHC 1-3 available for $10 each last week, but passed hoping for the eventual Omni, if they are not in chronological order I will be crushed.
    To be fair, other than the Infinity event, the books can be read by themselves in order of OHC release. Also the chance of them splitting the two series seems slim to none as they already have the format set up in the OHCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    I actually found Hickman Avengers OHC 1-3 available for $10 each last week, but passed hoping for the eventual Omni, if they are not in chronological order I will be crushed.
    My guess is that the Omni will just alternate arcs except for infinity, and time runs out. They won't stray too far from the OHCs because they still have largely contained stories. The gardeners and original sins stories are pretty big in avengers and will probably not be split up by issues of new avengers. Infinity and time runs out will be in reading order.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeeCee View Post
    Besides that, I am quite bothered to learn that the War of Kings isn't in reading order. Luckily, I've already read this series, but I was looking forward to refreshing my memory. The only time I had to use a reading order was when reading X-men vs Avengers and it's companion. That was not an enjoyable experience and I really don't think I want to go through that again. What makes it even worse was I was hyping this to a friend that doesn't read comics and looks like I won't be lending this to him either.
    As far as I can tell, as someone very familiar with the event, it's pretty much 90%+ in reading order. The only issues that are truly out of order are the 2 issues of Guardians that were actual crossovers. Everything else is in the exact proper order to read. The extra Guardians and Nova issues had very little and occasionally nothing to do with the event.It basically starts with the X-Men Rise and Fall of the Shiar, moves right into Emperor Vulcan, the one-shots, the event itself, etc... perfect order to read in. No idea why people keep saying this is out of order. I've read WoK 6-7 times and that's the exact same order I read my OHC/TPBs in. It's all good!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    As far as I can tell, as someone very familiar with the event, it's pretty much 90%+ in reading order. The only issues that are truly out of order are the 2 issues of Guardians that were actual crossovers. Everything else is in the exact proper order to read. The extra Guardians and Nova issues had very little and occasionally nothing to do with the event.It basically starts with the X-Men Rise and Fall of the Shiar, moves right into Emperor Vulcan, the one-shots, the event itself, etc... perfect order to read in. No idea why people keep saying this is out of order. I've read WoK 6-7 times and that's the exact same order I read my OHC/TPBs in. It's all good!
    Well said. Most of the complaining is coming from people who obviously havent read the material. Loved Jeph Yorks in depth explaination. And as you said, the gaurdians issues are probably the only legit example, and even then not worth breaking up the main narrative for.

Btw, got the omni the other day and it looks great. Well built, not as big as that guy in the video was claiming. Same size as clone saga or new avengers. I dont care for the wrap around cover on the dust jacket though. Makes the title/spine look muddled, but thats my only minor quibble
    Last edited by awayne83; 11-09-2016 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    My guess is that the Omni will just alternate arcs except for infinity, and time runs out. They won't stray too far from the OHCs because they still have largely contained stories. The gardeners and original sins stories are pretty big in avengers and will probably not be split up by issues of new avengers. Infinity and time runs out will be in reading order.
    If there is a 25% chance it may happen, I'll take it.

Excellent first half, slightly lesser second act. Overall very good.
    Agreed. This and JJ were at least two episodes too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Just about beats JJ as the worst Netflix so far, I hope IF is a return to season 1 DD standard
    Ha ha, you some high standards!

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Near Mint View Post
    It looks substantially the same, but the Epic loses What If? #55-56.
    Nice. I was worried with the epics being a focused line it wouldn't quite grab everything in the crossover. I'm not much of a fan of What If? so I'll just grab this.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I'm also slightly worried about the continuance of the Spider-Man Clone Saga Omnis. I really want to see those 3 or so Clone Omnis on my shelf.

I figure there are commercial reasons behind them putting out the Spidey Clone Omni(s) (and Epics) what with the upcoming movie and the current Slott Spidey storyline, whereas the Monsterbusses are more of a "monster pet" project of Cory's as well as being in line with the upcoming Monster "event" which I can't see being a very big seller.

I could be wrong, but I bet the Spidey Clone Omni(s) will generate much better sales than any of the Monsterbuses, and the latter may very well go to clearance.
    I'm sure that's right. But it's a bit peeving (yup, that's a word) that something so niche gets the attention of that kind of announcement and a similar project but with much more presumed interest does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Btw, I haven't yet seen the Netflix Luke Cage series. Without giving away any spoilers, anyone willing to briefly share their opinion?
    Very distinctive voice. I loved it.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeeCee View Post
    Wow! Great news for you omnibus collectors on Hickman's Avengers. I would be ecstatic about this news, but I already purchased the run in OHC format and found it much more enjoyable to hold and read than an omnibus. Also, it'll cost me more than 2x less to collect them all. Besides that, I am quite bothered to learn that the War of Kings isn't in reading order. Luckily, I've already read this series, but I was looking forward to refreshing my memory. The only time I had to use a reading order was when reading X-men vs Avengers and it's companion. That was not an enjoyable experience and I really don't think I want to go through that again. What makes it even worse was I was hyping this to a friend that doesn't read comics and looks like I won't be lending this to him either.

On the bright side, really looking forward to check out this Journey into Mystery book you guys are talking about.
    Hey, I remember trying to use a reading order guide for Avengers vs X-Men and its companion, too. I gave up pretty quickly, because it was so un-fun.

For what it's worth, I'm not sure it would have been a fun read with a proper reading order. Mixing all the issues together means a lot of repeated information, completely wrecks the pacing of individual stories and risks spoiling bits of one story by injecting pieces of another one.

All-New Member

Thanks for the information. I knew something was bothering me. Haven't read it in over 3 years, guess no need for the complaining.

Looking at the new Hachette catalogue (and I know when I mentioned this here last time I was somewhat chewed out), but I was pleased that they changed the content of Star Wars HC Volume 2 to exclude the Vader Down crossover (which is being printed in the Darth Vader HC Vol 2).

Marvel wants people to buy everything that's interrelated, so I'm glad they chose not to include a crossover in two HCs when they hope people will buy both.

Damn. Go fishing and never know what you'll find. So today on lunch break I stopped by my nearest LCS. They have a nice back issue collection with a fair amount of older/out of stock graphic novels. Well, what to my wondering eyes should appear but the super-long-out-of-print Devil Dinosaur by Jack Kirby Omnibus sealed & cover price. Merry Christmas, self!

I picked that up along with a 1996 X-Men Alterniverse Visions TPB (basically a hodgepodge of What If v2 X-Men stories like "What If Stryfe killed the X-Men, or What If Wolverine never joined Weapon X, that kind of thing). Looking forward to reading that book, and super excited to find a Devil Dinosaur Omnibus still out in the wild!

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Damn. Go fishing and never know what you'll find. So today on lunch break I stopped by my nearest LCS. They have a nice back issue collection with a fair amount of older/out of stock graphic novels. Well, what to my wondering eyes should appear but the super-long-out-of-print Devil Dinosaur by Jack Kirby Omnibus sealed & cover price. Merry Christmas, self!

I picked that up along with a 1996 X-Men Alterniverse Visions TPB (basically a hodgepodge of What If v2 X-Men stories like "What If Stryfe killed the X-Men, or What If Wolverine never joined Weapon X, that kind of thing). Looking forward to reading that book, and super excited to find a Devil Dinosaur Omnibus still out in the wild!
    I have that What If book. I love What If, so much fun. The Rogue became Thor story is my favourite in the book.

Congrats on the Devil Dinosaur too
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post

damn that's an awesome find! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I have that What If book. I love What If, so much fun.
    Remember that when the Most Wanted Omni's list request comes a-callin'.

All-New Member

Regarding all the comments on Hickman's Avengers Omnibus, there are only really a few sections that would need to be re-arranged for chronlogical, right? Like, the first 3 or so issues of New Avengers, and then the first few issues of Avengers, and then 4-6 of New Avengers, and then Avengers, and then Infinity in proper order? It won't be much different than reading the right hardcovers in the correct order. It isn't as intricate as Fantastic Four and FF.