Page 577 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 774775275675735745755765775785795805815876276771077 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,655 of 20773
    X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    With the New Warriors news I hope that means we will finally get a vol 2
    Literally my first thought was not anything related to the TV show, but, "Wow, we're actually going to get that second Omnibus!"
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    With the New Warriors news I hope that means we will finally get a vol 2
    This was my first thought as well when I saw the news yesterday about cable outlet Freeform ordering New Warriors to series as a companion show to the already picked up Cloak & Dagger.
    I so, so hope for a New Warriors vol.2 Omni.

They say Squirrel Girl is going to be the lead but she's never been a NW to my knowledge so we can probably expect them to play fast and loose with it. Kind of like how Netflix is using Defenders when none of them have been a Defender. I think Cage guested in one arc of Secret Defenders in the early 90s, but still.

Speedball will work well since they are aiming to make it a comedy. After that who knows.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Question for how people organize their X-collections. I've got the entire Claremont run in OHC where available with TPBs between Omni Vol. 3 and Fall of the Mutants. I then have spinoff series grouped together, i.e New Mutants, X-factor, Wolverine, etc. I'm now getting into the period with more limited series (Mephisto vs, X-Men vs Avengers/Fantastic Four, Longshot, Days of Future Past OHC etc), and was wondering where people put them on their shelves.

I'm not sure if I want to start a section for X side stories or just try and fit them in between the OHCs where they would occur. Same conundrum with my Events shelf as well. From Civil War onward events are pretty straightforward but not so much for older events. I want to put the Infinity Gauntlet Omni with my Events but then I'm not sure where to place IG Aftermath, IW, IW Aftermath, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougtron View Post
    Question for how people organize their X-collections. I've got the entire Claremont run in OHC where available with TPBs between Omni Vol. 3 and Fall of the Mutants. I then have spinoff series grouped together, i.e New Mutants, X-factor, Wolverine, etc. I'm now getting into the period with more limited series (Mephisto vs, X-Men vs Avengers/Fantastic Four, Longshot, Days of Future Past OHC etc), and was wondering where people put them on their shelves.

I'm not sure if I want to start a section for X side stories or just try and fit them in between the OHCs where they would occur. Same conundrum with my Events shelf as well. From Civil War onward events are pretty straightforward but not so much for older events. I want to put the Infinity Gauntlet Omni with my Events but then I'm not sure where to place IG Aftermath, IW, IW Aftermath, etc.
    I put everything in chronological order by group/character. So my X-Men goes Uncanny Vols 1-3, the Epic that comes next, then I think the Asgard OHC. I would do Infinity stuff in its own area away from other other events. That's how I roll with my cosmic stuff.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dougtron View Post

I put all of my Marvel books together. Then I group my books together by teams and solo books, then mini-series and events.

So, for example, I have all of my Uncanny X-Men grouped together chronologically, then New X-Men, Astonishing, New Mutants, etc., etc, followed by solo X-Men books, followed by X-Men mini-series and events.

Then I group the Avengers together, then Thor, Cap, Iron Man, and the other Avengers.

Then the FF, DD, cosmic events (like Annihilation, Conquest, WoK, RoK, etc.) and finally mini-series and then events.

Then I do the same with DC and Indie books.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    And it is majorly noteworthy, which has no bearing on whether the quality is good or not.

Then why did you buy a 90s omnibus?
    Just trying to keep an open mind in these divisive times. Also, I wanted to read up more on some of the characters featured since there's currently a limited amount available in print.

I group everything by character / team.
    It gets a little tricky with crossovers especially with War of Kings which is cosmic but has a lot of X-Men lead ins...
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Would anyone recommend that Guardians of the Galaxy Classic Solo Omnibus? I realize that is really a collection of stories involving the characters and not as a team.
    "When you have to shoot...shoot, don't talk" Tuco

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Anyone know if the issues from 'The Wedding of Cyclops & Jean" is reprinted in any other collection besides the TPB that is OOP?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Anyone know if the issues from 'The Wedding of Cyclops & Jean" is reprinted in any other collection besides the TPB that is OOP?
    I don't think it is.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    I don't think it is.
    Gonna make for a great Epic someday!

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky View Post
    Would anyone recommend that Guardians of the Galaxy Classic Solo Omnibus? I realize that is really a collection of stories involving the characters and not as a team.
    It was available for $28 for like two months, so at that price, sure. Tons of good backstory of the Guardians for a good price.

But it has a lot of material that I already have collected in fat TPBs and Premiere HC. So I didn't bother.

So just started the Deadpool by Posehn and Duggan omnibus after getting a good deal on it and boy is it a chore to get through! I finished the Dead Presidents arc and maybe smiled thrice during the entire thing. Maybe it was the high expectations set by others' praise of the series but its just pop culture reference after reference and potty humor with almost no actual jokes. I know its blasphemous around these parts, but some of the Daniel Way arcs were way better (or maybe cause i read them when I was younger). I'll still continue to finish it but I'm reading superior foes omnibus right now and it just blows deadpool away in terms of well written jokes, both situational and character-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by alb2009 View Post
    So just started the Deadpool by Posehn and Duggan omnibus after getting a good deal on it and boy is it a chore to get through! I finished the Dead Presidents arc and maybe smiled thrice during the entire thing. Maybe it was the high expectations set by others' praise of the series but its just pop culture reference after reference and potty humor with almost no actual jokes. I know its blasphemous around these parts, but some of the Daniel Way arcs were way better (or maybe cause i read them when I was younger). I'll still continue to finish it but I'm reading superior foes omnibus right now and it just blows deadpool away in terms of well written jokes, both situational and character-wise.
    Trust me it gets better after that arc

Are there any pics of the Brubaker DD omni out yet?
    We need better comics

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by alb2009 View Post
    I also thought Dead Presidents was not very good. The Good, the Bad, the Ugly I think is the highlight of the run. The Shiklah stuff for me derailed some quality progression. Overall I was underwhelmed by the run based on the high praise it gets. For me overall it was average to a bit above which was disappointing considering I enjoy Posehn as a comedian so I was hoping for more.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?