Page 200 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1001501901961971981992002012022032042102503007001200 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 20773
    Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Was thinking of eventually reading Hickman's Avengers. What's the best way to collect his run up to Secret War?
    The OHC's of his Avengers and New Avengers run plus Infinity. I'd also recommend his FF run, his Ultimates arcs, and possibly some other Marvel stuff. But really The Avengers stuff leading up to Secret Wars should suffice.

Spectacular Member

Was thinking of eventually reading Hickman's Avengers. What's the best way to collect his run up to Secret War?
    I'm on the fence on whether or not to start buying Hickman's Avengers OHCs. I've read the individual titles separately until Time Runs Out before. I then re-read them when the whole run was complete based on a suggested reading order on a website that re-arranges Avengers, New Avengers, Infinity & Avengers World chronologically and it was a much better read.

I'm really hoping Marvel is taking their sweet time producing a Hickman Avengers omnibus based on this rather than slapping a new cover on separate Avengers and New Avengers Omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    The OHC's of his Avengers and New Avengers run plus Infinity. I'd also recommend his FF run, his Ultimates arcs, and possibly some other Marvel stuff. But really The Avengers stuff leading up to Secret Wars should suffice.
    Infinity comes before Secret Wars, right? Also, is there a specific order to read the Avengers plus New Avengers titles?

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    I'm on the fence on whether or not to start buying Hickman's Avengers OHCs. I've read the individual titles separately until Time Runs Out before. I then re-read them when the whole run was complete based on a suggested reading order on a website that re-arranges Avengers, New Avengers, Infinity & Avengers World chronologically and it was a much better read.

I'm really hoping Marvel is taking their sweet time producing a Hickman Avengers omnibus based on this rather than slapping a new cover on separate Avengers and New Avengers Omnibus.
    Hickman seems to be very involved in the way his collections are reproduced. Infinity is not just a bunch of issues thrown together and it's not even the issues thrown together. I believe he put them in the order he wanted and the book had something more like chapter titles instead of issues covers.

If he's still at Marvel when/if they release his Avengers in omnibus, I'd be willing to bet he'll order them in the way he wants them to be.

Incredible Member

Avengers OHC Vol 1, New Avengers OHC Vol 1, Infinity (and its companion if you want, but not necessary), New Avengers OHC Vol 2, Avengers OHC Vol 3, Avengers: Time Runs Out, Secret Wars

Skip Avengers OHC Vol 2 as the entire book is in The Infinity OHC

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Avengers OHC Vol 1, New Avengers OHC Vol 1, Infinity (and its companion if you want, but not necessary), New Avengers OHC Vol 2, Avengers OHC Vol 3, Avengers: Time Runs Out, Secret Wars

Skip Avengers OHC Vol 2 as the entire book is in The Infinity OHC
    Thanks! Since Time Runs Out doesn't come out until June, I might wait to collect this.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Do you need to read anything prior in the ultimate universe to understand his ultimates run? and can someone link me to it?
    Yes. You'd want to read at least the origin of Ultimate Fantastic Four to know the basic differences between the that book and 616 FF. Then you would need to read Ultimate Comics Doomsday. Then Hickman's Ultimates. Then Cataclysm.

Probably easiest to skip it all. Especially since it's all in a universe that's now dead and Hickman was a small part of it. Just look up Ultimate Reed Richards on Wikipedia to get caught up.

Spectacular Member

Are any of the Marvel Season One books worth picking up?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Hickman seems to be very involved in the way his collections are reproduced. Infinity is not just a bunch of issues thrown together and it's not even the issues thrown together. I believe he put them in the order he wanted and the book had something more like chapter titles instead of issues covers.

If he's still at Marvel when/if they release his Avengers in omnibus, I'd be willing to bet he'll order them in the way he wants them to be.
    Infinity was one of the best produced books in regards to content but awful paper quality, so bad that I was scared of ripping the pages when turning them. The layout is great though and makes it a really organic read.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Default Top 10 Omnibus Sales

I’ve now checked up on the statistics from previous years regarding Omnibus sales, and I’ve put together below an updated Top 10 Omnibus Sales List. For anyone, not in the know, this list details those Omnibusses that shifted the most amount of units in their first month of release.

Canucked, please be so kind as to replace the List on page 1 with the below list.

1. Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,806 units (in April 2007)
    2. Captain America by Ed Brubaker Omnibus - 2,776 (September 2007)
    3. Invincible Iron Man Omnibus Vol. 1 (Silver Age) - 2,447 (April 2008)
    4. Silver Surfer Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,443 (May 2007)
    5. Incredible Hulk Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,312 (May 2008)
    6. Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 3 - 2,308 (February 2016)
    7. Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 2 - 2,251 (April 2014)
    8. Amazing Fantasy Omnibus Vol. 1 – 2,186 (August 2007)
    9. Daredevil by Frank Miller & Klaus Janson Omnibus – 2,157 (March 2007)
    10. SHIELD Complete Collection Omnibus – 1,983 (October 2015)

For those of you wondering whether The Mighty Thor by Walt Simonson Omnibus should have made the list, it actually moved 1,612 units in April 2011. For comparison, Thor by Michael Straczynski Omnibus had a higher number of 1,716 in November 2010 but retailed at approximately half the price of Simonson’s Thor.

I still believe that the result of 2,308 for Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 3 is pretty impressive as a) it’s a Vol. 3, and b) it’s priced at $125 and the only Omnibus at that price above 2,000 units.

The only upcoming Omnibus I can see cracking the Top Ten is Guardians of the Galaxy by Abnett & Lanning.

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post

I am in the same boat, no interest in switching between books to make up my own ordering. I would need this chronological to justify buying it. Still pissed about the Spider-verse OHC.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogtown View Post
    He would still somehow find a way to not be in the wrong.
    Ya, while calling you an idiot for misinterpreting what he said. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    Yes. You'd want to read at least the origin of Ultimate Fantastic Four to know the basic differences between the that book and 616 FF. Then you would need to read Ultimate Comics Doomsday. Then Hickman's Ultimates. Then Cataclysm.

Probably easiest to skip it all. Especially since it's all in a universe that's now dead and Hickman was a small part of it. Just look up Ultimate Reed Richards on Wikipedia to get caught up.
    Hickman's Ultimates was pretty bad and then it got worse after he left. In all fairness, though, by the time he took over the entire lines - except for Ultimate SM - kind of sucked.

Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seien View Post
    Derp! I knew i forgot something! And I actually have that omni too haha. So it would go FF > Secret Warriors > Avengers ? Still on the fence about the avengers OHCs. I haven't heard that much from my friends about that series.
    I think Secret Warriors is before Fantastic Four. Dark Reign Fantastic Four is the kick off to Hickman Fantastic Four. I am pretty sure its only in TPB format. Could be wrong. Have fun with your Hickman reads!

Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Happy you were able to get the FF omni. Quite expensive, happy I got mine when I did.

So far there has been no hickman omnibus solicitations and as others pointed out to me in the past its pretty rare that a books come out in both OHC and omnibus format. But still many think it will still happen and I for one hope it does. As for the OHCS you need to get the avengers ones, new avengers ones, secret wars(which comes out in about a week) and then the avengers/new avengers time runs out which comes out in june or july. Also all of Avengers vol 2 is in the infinity OHC.

Do you guys think the secret wars last days of marvel universe OHC is worth it? http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Wars-La...wars+hardcover

it contains the issues before secret wars to many series. As someone who hasnt read any of the series in the book would this be worth it to me? I'd like to know what happens to these characters but don't know if itll be a hard read not reading any of the issues before them.
    I wouldn't bother with this one. Its funny because we still don't know everything that happened to our heroes because everything "all new all different" is set eight months after Secret Wars ends. It has been fun trying to put the little pieces together as these new #1s roll on.