Page 201 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1011511911971981992002012022032042052112513017011201 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 20762
    Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    Yes, worth picking up, and very close to being complete. Only waiting on the Time Runs Out OHC, which combines the ends of his two Avengers runs into one book, followed by Secret Wars. Skip Avengers vol. 2. It's a complete double dip of the issues contained in the Infinity OHC.

Also, not an OHC, but his Ultimates run should be read as part of the whole story.
    This summer on my hunt for all Hickman Marvel I picked up the standard hardcover of Ultimate Comics Ultimates vol 1.
    Need to get vol. 2.

I was drawn to the "Evil Reed" Character. Didn't see this coming in Ultimate FF. Happy to see that he is still around causing trouble these days for Ewing's New Avengers. Speaking of ..Al Ewing is also writing Ultimates and dare I say, world building like Jonathan Hickman?
    Last edited by MatchstickJohnny; 03-11-2016 at 08:00 AM.

Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    I am in the same boat, no interest in switching between books to make up my own ordering. I would need this chronological to justify buying it. Still pissed about the Spider-verse OHC.
    I really liked the Spider-Verse event. I read it as it was being published in floppy. I had no idea what was going on in Avengers/New Avengers so while the incursions were destroying worlds Spider-Man from different Universes were being killed off by Spider eating vampires. It was Great!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Did anyone else buy the recent Marvel UK Frontier Comics collection? It's so confusing to me that they released it, because there is zero demand and the back issues probably cost less to buy than the book did. Yet, I love these lost pockets of Marvel. Also, it gives me some small hope we could FINALLY get a collection of some of the better Marvel UK Material at some point, even if demand is low.
    A fellow poster "The Sword is Drawn" from the Marvel UK thread picked it up. If you want to reach out to him, below is a link to his post regarding the book:
    http://community.comicbookresources....s-here/page117

Quote Originally Posted by MatchstickJohnny View Post
    I really liked the Spider-Verse event. I read it as it was being published in floppy. I had no idea what was going on in Avengers/New Avengers so while the incursions were destroying worlds Spider-Man from different Universes were being killed off by Spider eating vampires. It was Great!
    Please try to not give away key elements of the story and warn us of spoilers. Some of us haven't yet got round to reading our Spider-Verse books.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I’ve now checked up on the statistics from previous years regarding Omnibus sales, and I’ve put together below an updated Top 10 Omnibus Sales List. For anyone, not in the know, this list details those Omnibusses that shifted the most amount of units in their first month of release.

Canucked, please be so kind as to replace the List on page 1 with the below list.

1. Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,806 units (in April 2007)
    2. Captain America by Ed Brubaker Omnibus - 2,776 (September 2007)
    3. Invincible Iron Man Omnibus Vol. 1 (Silver Age) - 2,447 (April 2008)
    4. Silver Surfer Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,443 (May 2007)
    5. Incredible Hulk Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,312 (May 2008)
    6. Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 3 - 2,308 (February 2016)
    7. Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 2 - 2,251 (April 2014)
    8. Amazing Fantasy Omnibus Vol. 1 – 2,186 (August 2007)
    9. Daredevil by Frank Miller & Klaus Janson Omnibus – 2,157 (March 2007)
    10. SHIELD Complete Collection Omnibus – 1,983 (October 2015)

The only upcoming Omnibus I can see cracking the Top Ten is Guardians of the Galaxy by Abnett & Lanning.
    I'm guessing Amazing Fantasy and Silver Surfer are so high because they were really cheap when they came out? Otherwise I don't see how they were able to beat so many other omnibuses such as UXM vol 1 or Walt Simonson Thor.

Also, Abnett & Lanning Omnibus might find difficulty with sales, with Uxm and ASM reprints coming out on the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by MatchstickJohnny View Post
    Well that settles that. *removes Spider-Verse OHC from his wishlist*

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Yes, the third Uncanny X-Men omnibus sold well - despite claims by Tom Brevoort that third volumes don't.
    Oh, Tom you slick dog you guess a volume 4 wouldn't sell well either.

Of course it always depends just what title the vol.4 would be but clearly any of the A-list books would most likely do well as UXM can attest. FF vol.3 also did well, let's not forget.
    Does anyone think that an ASM vol.3 wouldn't sell well? What about Invincible Iron Man vol.3?

I still think the material for an Inc.Hulk vol.2 would be appealing even for those who didn't get vol.1, the writers had really found the Hulk's voice during that stretch and the material for this is really what turned the Hulk into the beloved character he is for so many.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    I'm guessing Amazing Fantasy and Silver Surfer are so high because they were really cheap when they came out? Otherwise I don't see how they were able to beat so many other omnibuses such as UXM vol 1 or Walt Simonson Thor.

Also, Abnett & Lanning Omnibus might find difficulty with sales, with Uxm and ASM reprints coming out on the same day.
    Whereas I admit to being also surprised by the Amazing Fantasy Omnibus figure, The Silver Surfer Omnibus figure didn't shock me as much. The Silver Surfer Omnibus is one of the priciest OOP Omnibusses out there and he's also a pretty popular character. 2007 seems to have been a golden year for Omnibus sales. The Daredevil Companion Omnibus also shifted a decent figure of 1,887 in December 2007.

I doubt the GOG Abnett & Lanning Omnibus will have problems with sales. It's a very popular series, and I reckon many will want to own this Omnibus. I also suspect that those who already have the series in other formats will also want to upgrade to an OHC format. The reprints will probably have reasonable sales but I see no reason for them to hinder sales of the GOG Omnibus in a marked way.

So as someone who has ASM ohc vol 1 and plan on getting vol 2 is there much point to getting the spider verse ohc/edge of tpb? I know theres some major double dipping and pretty much the only thing you get in the spiderverse ohc thats not in vol 2 is the tie tins. Is it worth it? Do they flesh out the story very much? And im also pissed about the reading order thing. Also that its glued binding, I remember looking at a copy in barnes and nobels and my god it was almost as bad as the DC hawkman omnibus. If I go ahead and get spider verse, it would force me to get the edge of spiderverse tpb. But at this point i'm really trying to get as much an writers full run on series. I know slott didn't have much to do with the tie ins but even if they arnt to hot I still like the idea of an tie in fleshing out the story more. I wish more of slotts begining on ASM was collected in OHC.

As as far as the hickmans ultimates work Ive always planned on picking up all of the UFF ohcs and the doomsday OHC. Ive never been to a comic book shop but ive heard many people on here say they usually have most of the UFF ohcs because they didn't sell well. Have you seen them in your LCS? what are the odds mine would have them?
    Last edited by mtop2036; 03-09-2016 at 09:11 AM.

Please try to not give away key elements of the story and warn us of spoilers. Some of us haven't yet got round to reading our Spider-Verse books.
    aren't these basically the premises of the stories? I've read like the first 2 issues of New Avengers and the first one starts of with the whole multiverse destroying thingy so I don't think this qualifies as a spoiler. Or is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    aren't these basically the premises of the stories? I've read like the first 2 issues of New Avengers and the first one starts of with the whole multiverse destroying thingy so I don't think this qualifies as a spoiler. Or is it?
    Maybe maybe not. I was mainly referring to Spider-Verse...

ah okay, well, I've read Spider-verse but I don't think that's much of a spoiler, basically that was one of the selling points.

In any case,

CAREFUL WITH THE SPOILERS GUYS!!!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Balakin's correct, there's no spoiler there. The description on the back of the book will tell you as much.

But it really is a fun story, so you have something to look forward to Raffi!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    I am in the same boat, no interest in switching between books to make up my own ordering. I would need this chronological to justify buying it. Still pissed about the Spider-verse OHC.
    Put me in that boat too.
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Spectacular Member

Hey guys, how would you rate the Bendis New Avengers Omnibus ? I like his Daredevil, USM, Alias and crime books (Jinx/Goldfish/Torso), but never read any of his team books. How's the quality of the stories in his NA Omnibus ? And since it's highly unlikely that Marvel release a 2nd omnibus, is volume 1 somewhat self-contained or I'd need to read the rest of his run ?