Page 1313 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 31381312131263130313091310131113121313131413151316131713231363 ... LastLast
Results 19,681 to 19,695 of 20773
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Coming in August 2023

WONDER MAN OMNIBUS VOLUME 1 collecting: Avengers (1963) 9, 52, 131-132, 151-153, 160; Giant Size Avengers (no issue given, probably #3 history of the vision), Marvel Team-Up (1972) 78, 136; Marvel Premiere (1972) 558; Marvel Two in One (1974) 78; Wonder Man (1986) 1; material from Avengers Annual (1967) 6, Solo Avengers (1987) 13, Marvel Comics Presents (1988) 38-45; Marvel Super Heroes (1990) 4

and

WHAT IF?: INTO THE MULTIVERSE OMNIBUS VOLUME 2 collecting: What If? (1989) 40-75

Both Wonder Man and What If? season 2 are coming to Disney+, so these are tying into the releases.

A Wonder Man Volume 2 would cover the time of Simon's solo series from the 1990s. Since the writer of that series is in prison currently, most publishers have avoided reprinting any of his material. But I did read that the royalties for any reprints would go to a victims charity instead. Perhaps Marvel may use "The Original Writer" credit for this.

A third volume for What If? would finish up the 1989 series. Any further volumes would be needed for the various specials released over the years.
    Two hard passes for me and more money saved. I never really got into Wonder Man and non-canon What If stories. Great news for Simon W. fans.

Astonishing Member

An omnibus reprint for August 2023. From the top 20 most wanted reprint poll.

I am definitely picking this one up.

Yeah I'll get that one as well. Never read any of it as it was originally coming out.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Good for those who need/want it, but I've got it so a "save" on that announcement. Next announcement may get me though.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Good for those who need/want it, but I've got it so a "save" on that announcement. Next announcement may get me though.

I already have it, as well, although I wish that DM variant was available with the original release. That's a sweet cover.

I'll continue hoping we get a Scarlet Spider omnibus from Christopher Yost's run (Kaine!), but I doubt it'll ever happen.

Been waiting on this announcement a long time. Between getting this reprint as well as the Immortal Iron Fist reprint in 2023 I am one very happy man.

Astonishing Member

SECRET WARRIORS OMNIBUS collecting: Mighty Avengers (2007) 13, 18; Secret Warriors 1-28; Dark Reign - The List: Secret Warriors; Siege: Secret Warriors; material from Dark Reign: New Nation

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Been waiting on this announcement a long time. Between getting this reprint as well as the Immortal Iron Fist reprint in 2023 I am one very happy man.
    I am also very happy with iron first and third reprint

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Glad to finally get the Invaders Omnibus today.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

MARVEL MASTERWORKS coming out in September 2023 - January 2024

September 2023
    THOR Vol 22
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Vol 2 (reprint)

October 2023
    FANTASTIC FOUR Vol 2 (reprint)
    TOMB OF DRACULA Vol 3

November 2023
    X-MEN Vol 2 (reprint) This is the Lee/Kirby run, not the Uncanny run
    OMEGA THE UNKNOWN Vol 1 (of 1, presumably)
    WEREWOLF BY NIGHT Vol 2

December 2023
    INCREDIBLE HULK Vol 1 (reprint)
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Vol 25
    MARVEL TEAM UP Vol 7

January 2023
    DAREDEVIL Vol 18

Content, covers, and other details in the video

Someone who's up on modern Spider-Man stuff- what's the deal with the Cates Venom stuff? His Venom run is getting and omnibus soon, as is King in Black. There was an Absolute Carnage one recently.

Does his Venom omnibus sufficiently cover everything? Or are the two event books needed/contain the story? Or are they just expanding on the event with tie in?

Thanks!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Someone who's up on modern Spider-Man stuff- what's the deal with the Cates Venom stuff? His Venom run is getting and omnibus soon, as is King in Black. There was an Absolute Carnage one recently.

Does his Venom omnibus sufficiently cover everything? Or are the two event books needed/contain the story? Or are they just expanding on the event with tie in?

Thanks!
    Cates wrote the monthly Venom title and the Absolute Carnage and King in Black mini series. All those are in the Venom by Cates omnibus.

The Absolute Carnage omnibus contains the mini series, relevant Venom issues and all the tie in issues not by Cates. The King in Black omnibus is the same.

If you want the full story as written by Cates, then get Venom by Cates. If you want to read the full event with all the side stories, then get the AC/KiB omnibus.

I prefer the first option.

Cates wrote the monthly Venom title and the Absolute Carnage and King in Black mini series. All those are in the Venom by Cates omnibus.

The Absolute Carnage omnibus contains the mini series, relevant Venom issues and all the tie in issues not by Cates. The King in Black omnibus is the same.

If you want the full story as written by Cates, then get Venom by Cates. If you want to read the full event with all the side stories, then get the AC/KiB omnibus.

I prefer the first option.
    This is what I was figuring, but wanted to ask.

Seems to be a whole lot of double dipping with his stuff (like this, and then the cosmic stuff he wrote)

Anyways, thanks for confirming!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    This is what I was figuring, but wanted to ask.

Seems to be a whole lot of double dipping with his stuff (like this, and then the cosmic stuff he wrote)

Anyways, thanks for confirming!
    Yeah, I've gone the same route as Rincewind. I pre-ordered the Cates Venom Omnibus. I enjoyed the Absolute Carnage event and have quite liked Cates' run, though I haven't read the KiB event yet. I was going to pick up the AC Omnibus and even later considered the KiB Omnibus. However, due to the fact that would be quite a bit of double dipping and entail quite a bit of spending on all three Omnibuses and shelf space I do not have, I opted for the Cates' Omni. The tipping point was the $150 price on the KiB Omni.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Why does the Coipel cover of the House of M Omnibus have "New Avengers" and "Astonishing X-men" on the front if those titles aren't even included in the materials?

https://cheapgraphicnovels.com/-pre-...cvr-pre-order-

houseofm.jpg

Follow up question - Does ToW charge for pre-orders right away or when it ships? Thanks!
    Last edited by j0nnyboy; 11-21-2022 at 11:52 PM.