Page 350 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2503003403463473483493503513523533543604004508501350 ... LastLast
Results 5,236 to 5,250 of 20767
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Hey all, somebody has just told me this Bendis DD vol 1 omni i'm selling is super rare as DD has and 'R' printed on his nose for some reason, any truth in this?
    No. That's pretty common, as far as that Omni goes. What would be rare is finding one where the owner actually obtained the corrected dust jacket that didn't have the R on the nose.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    I can't see them releasing the TPB with an Omni due to cover the same material? Is there overlap?
    More than mere overlap, most if not all of that TPB is in the upcoming omni. Some of the omni's contents go all the way into the 3rd TPB.

Quote Originally Posted by dark phoenix View Post
    It says Epic Collection now
    It's just titled "Clone Saga Epic" which is what the original versions of these books were also called (same as the Ben Reilly Epic). Theyre separate to the Epic Collection series.
    Last edited by Ivan P91; 06-20-2016 at 08:17 PM.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    So is this Amazon fish the Clone Saga Omni Vol 2 with a screwed up listing. Is it worth pre-ordering just in case, and if so, will they just outright cancel it or will we get the Omni for < $30?
    Amazon honored my Supergirl omnibus order for $15 from when they had it listed as a paperback trade before they corrected the listing.

Just preorder this book, and if it turns into volume 2 of the omnibus, awesome. If it doesn't, just cancel the order before whatever it actually is ships. They don't charge you until they're shipping the book, so you have literally nothing to lose.

Fantastic Member

While it's possible that it is mislabelled Omnibus vol. 2, it's not like Marvel screws up their early listings like that. And bringing back the OOP and really expensive trade along with the Omnibus with the same material is not something they haven't done before, because that happened with Cable/Deadpool, although they didn't do separate listings for new printings then.

Does anybody remember a spreadsheet out that tracked omnis by price/page?
    (Maybe it was created by Krisis?)

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Found it. Thanks Krisis! You're the man.

http://crushingkrisis.com/collecting...ibus-editions/
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 06-21-2016 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Does anybody remember a spreadsheet out that tracked omnis by price/page?
    (Maybe it was created by Krisis?)

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Found it. Thanks Krisis! You're the man.

Are you referring to this bad boy?

Oops same time. JINX!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    It's just titled "Clone Saga Epic" which is what the original versions of these books were also called (same as the Ben Reilly Epic). They're separate to the Epic Collection series.
    ....OR ARE THEY.....? (foreboding music + thunder & lightning over maniacal laughter)

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    No. That's pretty common, as far as that Omni goes. What would be rare is finding one where the owner actually obtained the corrected dust jacket that didn't have the R on the nose.
    Back whenever that happened, I was ordering my books from DCBService.com. I would get one large box of comics delivered each month with all the items I'd pre-ordered for that particular month. One time, randomly, there was a small poster tube in the box along with (I think) a letter explaining it was a replacement DJ for the DD by Bendis Omnibus I had previously ordered. I didn't think much of it and put it in storage. Later on, I had already flipped the Bendis Omnibus when prices started skyrocketing and I came across the tube with the replacement DJ. I thought what the heck, and listed it on eBay just to get a few dollars for it. I'd already sold the book it went with so I literally had nothing to lose. Believe it or not someone paid over $60 for that replacement DJ. That was years ago.

Been reading thru my MOKF Omnibus the last couple days, I'm probably 3-4 issues in. I'm not saying that..I AM THE SON OF FU MANCHU!..I don't like it. But it's definitely...HO! IT'S MY VILLAIN FATHER, FU MANCHU!...not the best Marvel Bronze...YET I REMAIN THE SON OF FU MANCHU!...age stuff I've ever read. It gets kinda...I AM THE SON OF FU MANCHU!...repetitive at times, and BY THE POWER OF KUNG FU, I SHALL DEFEAT MY EVIL FATHER FU MANCHU!...I'm hoping it gets better or this may be one for the 'hang onto until it gets sold out then flip it like it's hot' pile. It's definitely...IS THAT FU MANCHU? I AM HIS SON!...not the golden calf I was expecting from the hype on the message...DID I MENTION THAT I AM THE SON OF FU MANCHU!?!?!?!?....boards.

What I do like is the fact this book is essentially a steroided-up, giant sized, fat MMW volume disguised as an Omnibus HC. The contents & creators page all follow the style & format of the MMW volumes. The paper quality isn't super flimsy and the art restoration is nice. Sure wish the stories were better. As it stands I'm not really impressed so far.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Just finished reading all of Krisis's writeups/breakdowns of the Top 50 Omnibusses and other articles. Thank you, it was both enjoyable and "educational".

Thanks also Grahamgg for your contribution regarding Peter David's Hulk. You've piqued my interest. I'm not a fan of Todd McFarlane's, but what I've seen of Dale Keown's work on Hulk I've been pretty impressed. From what I know, alongside George Perez and Leonard Kirk, Keown was David's preferred/favourite artist.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Been reading thru my MOKF Omnibus the last couple days, I'm probably 3-4 issues in. I'm not saying that..I AM THE SON OF FU MANCHU!..I don't like it. But it's definitely...HO! IT'S MY VILLAIN FATHER, FU MANCHU!...not the best Marvel Bronze...YET I REMAIN THE SON OF FU MANCHU!...age stuff I've ever read. It gets kinda...I AM THE SON OF FU MANCHU!...repetitive at times, and BY THE POWER OF KUNG FU, I SHALL DEFEAT MY EVIL FATHER FU MANCHU!...I'm hoping it gets better or this may be one for the 'hang onto until it gets sold out then flip it like it's hot' pile. It's definitely...IS THAT FU MANCHU? I AM HIS SON!...not the golden calf I was expecting from the hype on the message...DID I MENTION THAT I AM THE SON OF FU MANCHU!?!?!?!?....boards.

What I do like is the fact this book is essentially a steroided-up, giant sized, fat MMW volume disguised as an Omnibus HC. The contents & creators page all follow the style & format of the MMW volumes. The paper quality isn't super flimsy and the art restoration is nice. Sure wish the stories were better. As it stands I'm not really impressed so far.
    Well done.

Yeah the majority of the book is made up on Shang-Chi's error and battling his father, near the end it moves away from that format to deal with other crimes. The majority of the book deals with that battle and the fact that yes is the son of Fu Manchu so be ready to see if a few more times. Overall it is a solid read, but I think the other volumes is where it will shine as the plot shifted near the end of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Amazon honored my Supergirl omnibus order for $15 from when they had it listed as a paperback trade before they corrected the listing.

Just preorder this book, and if it turns into volume 2 of the omnibus, awesome. If it doesn't, just cancel the order before whatever it actually is ships. They don't charge you until they're shipping the book, so you have literally nothing to lose.
    Same here, my Supergirl omnibus is also underway for that price . I'll order the clone sage, just to be safe. If I can remember, Marvel never released a reprint of a trade before. And if the do now, why only release volume 2? Volume 4 is way more out-of-print.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Been reading thru my MOKF Omnibus the last couple days, I'm probably 3-4 issues in. I'm not saying that..I AM THE SON OF FU MANCHU!..I don't like it. But it's definitely...HO! IT'S MY VILLAIN FATHER, FU MANCHU!...not the best Marvel Bronze...YET I REMAIN THE SON OF FU MANCHU!...age stuff I've ever read.
    Five stars. Will probably continue to re-read while giggling maniacally. I'm only a handful of issues in, so maybe it hasn't hit me yet.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Five stars. Will probably continue to re-read while giggling maniacally. I'm only a handful of issues in, so maybe it hasn't hit me yet.
    I'm really looking forward to it. Can't be more irritating than Peter Parker's constant flashbacks to Uncle Ben's death (or basically anything Peter says or does) and yet I'm still reading Spider-man.

Quote Originally Posted by Enormouse View Post
    Well done.
    I was honestly wondering how many really wanted these books for the stories/content vs just the collector mentality of "this has never been collected before and now available in omnibus format, therefore I gotta have it."

Don't get me wrong, I'm not throwing stones here as I'm right there with most in the OCD-collector group, which this was just never a book I heard anyone clamoring about before it was announced awhile back.

And I agree, EXCELLENT post grahamgg!
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.